Upgrade Vapor Flask clone to real dna 40 need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
My authentic dna 40 will be here tomorrow so with luck I get this bad boy up and running. So I would not have used this model for a swap just so. This kangxin model was not my choice as this was a repair not that I wanted to upgrade it to a real dna 40 3f vapor donated this to me as when mine broke they did not ask for it to be returned and I found the real dna for 40 bucks that was updated and checked for errors by evolve so at this point I have about 45$ invested in this upgrade. I just really hate hana mod boxes well I hate all box mods to tell the truth at least when you buy one like that it's ok when you build it yourself. let face it not many folks have a 3d Printer or programmable milling machine. You could have a small metal lathe you picked up at a auction from a shop that went out of business easy enough I use to have one myself but a programmable milling machine is more that the price of some new cars. I would not have picked this model. but to have a VF with a offset copper 510 or a hana box easy choice for me as you can see.

I do have a hana I am doing next it was my first dna 30 but I hate the shut down start up delay so much when I pull that clone chip I will hit it with a hammer I going to put a DNA 25 it that.

I would have had a nice project for everyone here I was working on the post for a week with with a really nice enclosure and the SX350J here a video of the mod enclosure

It was going to really awesome we had plans to make it series/parallel switchable with a built in low tolerance ohmmeter this mod would have put anything VF to shame but the moderator here deleted my week's work all because I mentioned seeing if we could get a c00p going and that was the death of that project and many hours of posting links picture that all I will say on that before they come here and kill this because I used that naughty word that starts with a C

This was just a small repair project and from the way this ones built I can see a lot of folks that will find themselves doing this the original is doom to fail and the worst part as it kills the chip so if you have this version of the mod just do your self a favor and replace that faulty 51o this was the one 3fvapor called the upgraded model with the adjustable 510 wish I would have paid the 2$ more and got the one with the SS fixed 510. In theory the adj. 510 would be better than the spring loaded unless you use a FDV but looking in the rear view the SS fixed would have saved me a bunch a greif

The bad part about this was the clone chip did work great its just a crappy 510 connector

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread