Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Alleged.....or confirmed? [emoji14] [emoji38]
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
I double pen my coils every two months or so. I know a few here that can't resist doing it on a weekly basis. Who's the real pervert? :)

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I double pen my coils every two months or so. I know a few here that can't resist doing it on a weekly basis. Who's the real pervert? :)

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.
Depends on how the coils feel about it :lol:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
WooHoo! SUCCESS! I had to cut down to a single coil in the SilverPlay, but I finally got a nickel build in it and can regulate by temp now! Freakin' 10 wraps on a 2.4mm to get up to 0.1 Ohms and had to pack an airhole and two juice channels with a pound of rayon, but at least it's got a semi-proper build in it! Thanks to all of y'all who gave me tips and pointers!! I'm a happy vaper and I'm lovin' this Invader now!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Did your Invader show up, Kazz?

I vacillated about ordering the FEV and finally pulled the trigger last week. Bad timing. Chinese holiday and I haven't gotten a shipping update yet. I already have the mesh, in hand, and that just makes it worse.:(

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yep, it was in the mailbox when I got home yesterday. I had given up on the nickel coils and just threw a nichrome build in it and vaped it all last night... got nic sick and went through two tanks (about 9ml total) in a rather short time period. Just emptied another tank in it and decided to try the nickel one more time... it's actually reading at 0.09 ohms, and regulates the crap outta the wattage (set at 50W for quick ramp up) and temp set at 480°F. But she's definitely blowin' steam now!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Not much chance of stealth vapin' at work with this one though... LOL

Invader w SP.jpg

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah, I usually use a Cherry Vapes "Cloud Chaser" tip... friction fit with no o-ring. But that's the tip that came with the SP V2... a little strange because it's rifled inside... I guess to get the air to swirl or something. It works okay though, still not a hot vape, even at 50W with a nichrome build... it's just mildly warm with the TC on the nickel build.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
So, even if I set TC to 600°F, the wicks won't burn if it goes dry?
In theory, yes, since the wick won't go completely dry. I feel more comfortable around 500, but that's just me. I know at 450 it definitely doesn't scorch the wick, cause I've emptied a couple of tanks at that... Why am I not getting vapor? Oh look, my tank is empty :p

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks USMC... can always count on a jarhead. :D

I'll play with it and see what happens, but I'm getting better flavor at 600... probably just used to the extra heat from my normal builds. Seems like I'm always getting used to something new here lately... but at least life isn't boring, right?

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Do you get better battery life with TC or is it worse? Seems like it would be better, but of course on VV/VW devices I seem to get better life with VV since it doesn't have to do the extra ohms law calculations...well on newer devices it does it anyway to show wattage even when using voltage so I don't know.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I wouldn't know without running these mods in VW mode.....cant fairly compare one mod to another with a different chip/batteries.
Though I charge it every night, my evic could conceivably go 2+ days.
My invader mini goes through about 2 18650's a day, my zna50 used 2-3 a day, same batteries and tank.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread