Status
Not open for further replies.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
This place is soo dead lately. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Hi fright,

I couldn't agree more. I tried to give it a little bump last week. Maybe we can try to get all the new people that have just purchased one of Cappys mods from the last batchto let the crew know how they're enjoying their mods. Maybe a few pics?
Hey Capt I hope all is going well with your house repairs and life is getting back to

Reactions: LittleBird

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
well, I have a question for you guys. Any suggestions for rebuildable tank atty's that will fit in Cappy's tank inset mods?

something easy to work with?....

Hi damselle

If your talking about one of his destroyers I have been using my Russian 91%, Kayfun V4, Kanger Subtank Mini and Nano as well as my Squape Reloaded without any problems. Airflow on these have not been an issuse. The only tank I have an issue with is the Atlantis v2 and my Nautilus. Even though they claim 22mm it has a ring on the base that makes it difficult to fit. I think if I forced it would work but I'm not willing to risk it since the others work so well.
I did put a couple of 510 adapters together which extends the connection and will allow me to use them along with the Subtank Plus. If you don't mind it sitting above the insert. Hope this helps.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy all, I suppose I better drop by and make an update for the thread.

It's been hotter than hell here with daily thunderstorms as usual, sometimes lasting all day. Makes it tough to plan a schedule when you have to be outside to cut paneling for walls and ceilings and in the middle of things it starts to rain.

I've managed to cover most of the ceiling with plywood and wound up ripping down the kitchen walls in the process.

The interior of the kitchen has obviously been up (along with the ceiling) since the place was built in 1952, so lots and lots of stuff has to be gutted out and replaced. Far more than I had wanted.

I brought in wire racks from the shop for storing the contents of the cupboards as they were the first things that got torn out.

The electrical wiring and boxes are being replaced and brought up to code (fortunately I worked for UL for a time and mostly know what needs to be done) but it's damn slow work as I have to do most of the work myself and I'm no spring chicken.

I'm also going to build a false wall down the kitchen hallway and turn it into a pantry and make a new access to the back bedrooms though a wall cutout/closet cubby thats under the attic entrance.

The constant thunderstorms of the summers here has (as usual) made it tough to use machinery. The power dips/drops when the lightening starts hitting around the area. I've learned to try and not use the CNC machine and unplug computers when not in use.

Being a geezer in training, I also managed to take a dive off a ladder a couple weeks ago. I failed in my somersault attempt and not only did not land like a ninja cat, but sprained my wrist. It's almost back to normal again now though.

I am going to stop for a few days, I'm just plain tired. What I wish to do (weather permitting), is catch up on the desk caddies, catch cup mill downs and other things I need to do to keep RSM afloat and keep people from declaring war on me.

Well, it's turning out to be an interesting year though!

Take care,

Cappy!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Good heavens, Cappy! You're nearly rebuilding the whole house! If you're gonna keep doin somersaults off ladders, perhaps a thin mattress to cover the floor is in order :). Seriously, though, be careful. Wrists and hands are tricky; they don't respond well to being damaged!

We're here, waiting patiently. Do what needs doing.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Wow Cappy sounds like you've been busy. Hope the weather starts calming down around there.

It's funny because I remember as a kid watching with amazement the rain and lightning storms in NYC. Since I've moved to Florida I run indoors!! I'm here 4 1/2 years and I've never seen anything like it. It rains here everyday for about 1/2 hour and they are the most intense storms I've ever seen. The lightning is so violent and fierce. I guess that's why they call it the Lightning Capitol of the US. My wife and I were caught on our boat one day in a nasty storm as we could not make it back to shore in time. Since then she will not go out on the boat if there's a chance of rain.
I've learned the Florida mantra. If you hear it, clear and if you see it , flee it. Good advise for Floridas summer weather.

Hang in there Cappy the crew will keep the ship on course!! Arrrrrr

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy and happy Monday!

Ok, caught up on everything RSM, gonna go back to working on the house.

I need to hurry up though, I should be working on at least a batch of cruisers by now.

I get lots of spam mail from the overseas manufacturers ever since I ordered that lot of A7 atties a few years ago, but the one I got today made my nose bleed.

Take a look;

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/wholesale-1-1-clone-e-cig_60278035679.html

I mean, c'mon, what's left to clone? Are there going to be any US manufacturers of anything e-cig related in another year or two?

I was quoted a price of $20 per unit ..... yeah... how can you compete with that?

The moment I see a regulated bottom feeder hit the market from overseas, I'm gonna start updating my resume ...... arrrr

I may be poor, but It was fun while it lasted. We'll see I guess.

Have a fine damn week all, har!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Ahoy and happy Monday!

Ok, caught up on everything RSM, gonna go back to working on the house.

I need to hurry up though, I should be working on at least a batch of cruisers by now.

I get lots of spam mail from the overseas manufacturers ever since I ordered that lot of A7 atties a few years ago, but the one I got today made my nose bleed.

Take a look;

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/wholesale-1-1-clone-e-cig_60278035679.html

I mean, c'mon, what's left to clone? Are there going to be any US manufacturers of anything e-cig related in another year or two?

I was quoted a price of $20 per unit ..... yeah... how can you compete with that?

The moment I see a regulated bottom feeder hit the market from overseas, I'm gonna start updating my resume ...... arrrr

I may be poor, but It was fun while it lasted. We'll see I guess.

Have a fine damn week all, har!
Can't like that post, Cappy. Brings a whole new meaning to "Arrr!" Here's the thing, though. Many of us value handmade in the USA by modders we trust and who stand by their work. Many of us would rather have a few beautiful BF's than a lot of mediocre stuff. And we feel strongly about supporting local craftspeople. So please, make more.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Can't like that post, Cappy. Brings a whole new meaning to "Arrr!" Here's the thing, though. Many of us value handmade in the USA by modders we trust and who stand by their work. Many of us would rather have a few beautiful BF's than a lot of mediocre stuff. And we feel strongly about supporting local craftspeople. So please, make more.

Could not have said it better Little Bird!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread