dannyv45 I need help with one of your receipts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Northern Michigan
dannyv45

I've been trying make a batch of your receipt using Hangsen Chocolate Cream, Hazelnut and Toffee but I'm not having much luck. I had to use Cap Hazelnut and Natures Toffee but I did use the Hangsen Chocolate Cream. I used it at the same percentages as you used but I made it at 12mg nic. I tried it first at 5% CC and it had no taste hardly at all. Then I tried it at 10% CC and then at 15% CC. The flavor has not changed even a little. I don't get it, am I doing something wrong or do you think my CC is bad? I got 2 of them from Bullcity Vapor a couple of weeks ago and I think they just got it in stock. I Tried both bottles too.

Any help would be appreciated, this sounds like a great receipt and it's so weak in flavor which I'm sure at 15% it should wow me a little. Also, I don't taste the Hazelnut or Toffee either. Thanks again!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm not really sure about the recipe your talking about. I don't recall ever making that. If you can link me to that recipe your talking about maybe I can help. Also how much hazelnut and toffee did you use and how long did you let it steep. Chocolate of any kind needs a long steeping some as long as 5 weeks. Also 15% is far to much and I use chocolate cream as an accent to my tobacco mixes and not as a base flavor. As an accent I use it at 1 - 3%. If I'm going to use chocolate as a base flavor what may work better is something like milk chocolate. Some good chocolate base flavors would be inaweras milk chocolate or inawera chocolate and used at 2 - 3%. If your refering to my blog

A chocolate recipe and why it works. An example on why other flavors enhance the base flavor. | E-Cigarette Forum

The blog explains that the hazelnut and toffee enhance the flavor, texture and thickness of the chocolate and your not susposed to taste the hazelnut or toffee. This blog is meant to illistrate how other flavors enhance the base flavor and was never meant to be a defacto recipe.

The point of the blog was:

The hangsen chocolate cream gives the mix its chocolate base

the hazelnut does not add a hazelnut taste but in fact enhances the chocolate taste.

The toffee does not add a caramel taste but adds a sweeter creamy taste to the chocolate.

So at this point I think you need to use 5% CC then let it steep or use one of the other chocolates I recommended.

Last edited:

WoodChucker

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Northern Michigan
Yeah, the link you just provided is the post I was going by. I didn't know it wasn't a receipt, sorry. Anyway I used:

5% Chocolate Cream
2% Hazelnut
1% Toffee

I have some Hangsen Milk Chocolate, I may try that along with it and see how it works. Thanks for getting back to me and for all your post, keep up the good work!

Oh, and I only let it steep for a week.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yeah, the link you just provided is the post I was going by. I didn't know it wasn't a receipt, sorry. Anyway I used:

5% Chocolate Cream
2% Hazelnut
1% Toffee

I have some Hangsen Milk Chocolate, I may try that along with it and see how it works. Thanks for getting back to me and for all your post, keep up the good work!

Oh, and I only let it steep for a week.

You need at least 4 - 5 weeks for chocolate. Read my blog on steeping. There are ways to speed steeping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread