Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
LorAnn Keoke Coffee - Strong (And excellent!)

I'm going to start adding Capella's to this thread, so it can be tracked for now until I get enough entries - and time - to combine the lists.

Capella's Orange Creamsicle - Very Weak
Capella's Toasted Almond - Strong (but I'll concede to Just Right if anyone disagrees with Strong) (By the way, this stuff is fantastic.)

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Is vaping 25% flavoring a bad idea? I ordered some cranberry but now Im having second thoughts :p
25% LorAnn is probably a little crazy. Not because of safety, but because LorAnn's is so concentrated that it will probably be bitter, and not that flavorful. Try finding another flavor to balance and/or highlight the cranberry.

This is just my guess from my short experience with this and a bit of what I've read. If you feel like experimenting, try 20%, vape it, and then try 25. And let us know...

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Updated - Added a few new entries, including a couple Capella flavors

Insanely strong (use 5-10% per batch)
Pretty damn strong (10-15%)
Just right (15-20%)
Relatively weak (20-25%)
Very weak (25-30%)

Multiple - At least 2 people agreed
Disagreement - 2 people rated but disagreed

Code:
LorAnn
Amaretto                               Just right
Anise                                  Pretty damn strong
Apple                                  Very weak            Multiple
Banana                                 Just right
Blackberry                             Relatively weak      Multiple
Blueberry                              Just right
Brandy                                 Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Butter Rum                             Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Butterscotch                           Pretty damn strong
Caramel                                Relatively weak
Champagne                              Relatively weak
Cheesecake                             Very weak            Multiple
Cherry                                 Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Chocolate Hazelnut                     Pretty damn strong
Cinnamon Roll                          Very weak
Coconut                                Very weak
Coffee                                 Insanely strong      Multiple
Cotton Candy                           Just right
Cranberry                              Relatively weak      Multiple
Creme de Menthe                        Insanely strong      Multiple
English Toffee                         Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Grape                                  Relatively weak
Keoke Coffee                           Pretty damn strong
Key Lime                               Pretty damn strong
Licorice                               Pretty damn strong
Lime                                   Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Mango                                  Just right
Marshmellow                            Just right
Mint Chocolate Chip                    Just right
Orange cream                           Relatively weak
Peach                                  Relatively weak
Peanut Butter                          Just right
Peppermint                             Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Pina Colada                            Just right           Multiple
Pralines and cream                     Just right           Multiple
Raspberry                              Just right
Root Beer                              Just right           Multiple
Spearmint                              Pretty damn strong
Strawberry                             Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Strawberry Kiwi                        Relatively weak
Tutti Fruity                           Just right
Watermelon                             Just right           Multiple
Wintergreen                            Insanely strong      Multiple

Capella
Orange Creamsicle                      Relatively Weak
Toasted Almond                         Pretty damn strong

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
Is vaping 25% flavoring a bad idea? I ordered some cranberry but now Im having second thoughts :p

It depends on the flavor as to if its crazy, loranns are VERY strong, most find 10-15% works great, some flavors i personally like stronger. English toffee is a 10-15% for me, but watermelon (this stuff is sooo good its crazy) i go for 25-30%. starting with 20% is a good ballpark, then tweek it up or down. Youll also find that the longer you vape the lower you will go with flavorings, tastebuds waking up are a great thing :p.

stoprealones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Are all the flavors on that chart either water or ethanol based? I know there are some safety concerns about vaping certain ingred. within the flavorings. I thought that oil bases were totallly out and not sure about ethanol percentages for some of the flavors either. I know any water soluble flavors are fine. Is there a chart anywhere or anyone have info on what is known to be safe flavorings to vape? I guess I'm becoming very concerned about ingredients lately,since i've been doing a lot of reading and know how important this can be.
If anyone has some suggestions, I would really appreciate your input. I did just purchase some from capella,Happy vapor,want to make sure they are safe to vape. I got the vanilla custard and cool mint to try.
Any suggestions for a good menthol flavor for my husband who only smokes menthol?
Great board,so much valuable info to peruse. I wish I read for a few months before ordering all that I have ordered. I can't say enough about how helpful the people I've spoken to on this board have been.
I'm one who went through and am continuing to have throat issues ,so I thought by making my own stuff,can limit some of the factors involved.
thanks again:)
peggym

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
LorAnn flavors
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-color-coded-complete-ingredients-list.html

All the Capella flavors are safe to vape.
Edit: Well, I'm not sure why I said this in that way. I can't really say they're safe to vape - that's not within my knowledge or right. I've investigated their ingredient lists, and/or have been told that they do not contain the following ingredients that are known to be unsafe or undesired for vaping: oils, vanillin, or diacetyl. Their ingredients are OK for me and I vape them. Use at your own risk.

Menhol
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs.html?highlight=Menthol+Drops+Recipe+Lovers

Last edited:

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Hmm I don't know if it's me or the nature of the flavors but I bought some Fairies Finest flavors for mixing along with some VG and PG and PG with 48mg nic unflavored. I can't seem to get a decent Chocolate or Vanilla. I haven't been adding any alcohol just because I don't keep any in the house since I don't drink, nor have I added any distilled water to any batch since they are small and not enough would be added.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Vanilla and Chocolate are two of the most difficult flavors to make. That is, it's impossible to get them perfect, because the real things are such complex flavors. It's extremely difficult to make them to a "good" match.

Have you tried any of their other flavors?

Have you gotten good vanilla or chocolate from another company? (It took Sun Vaporer almost a year to find a good vanilla flavor.)

RobertY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also a word about how strong a flavor tastes may also be influenced on what is used to mix with as your base as well as personal tastes.

For example those who use a lot of VG. If doing that IMHO, VG is a known flavor killer big big time.

Where as if the person is mixing mainly with PG then the flavor will come thru stronger.

Myself at first I was cutting 36mg juice down to 16mg by using VG and 20% Lorann flavoring. Very weak flavors like that.

But I really like the smoothness that VG gives plus the extra vapor.

Now I have compromised. I ordered some PG and now I am using a 50/50 PG/VG base. That has helped bring the flavor back into play plus still gives good vapor production. Still a relatively smooth draw.

Sorry but am not a big fan of a strong throat/lung hit. Always confused me as to why peeps like to bust out coughing like you see in some of the review videos. Bust out coughing up a lung and follow up saying wow now thats a good throat hit. OOoookayyy, just not for me.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
since no one has commented, licorice is AMAZING. i tend to mix strong though, my batch was at 30%.

note...LICORICE, not "anise oil."

strawberry kiwi tastes a tad weak to me, but is still good. the english toffee and pralines and cream are both dark, and after vaping pralines and cream for a few days now it's just making me sick. not physically, just it's too sweet for a daily flavor IMHO.

I also love Lorann's licorice...its like black jelly bellys, not "brown" licorice. Its also good mixed with tobacco flavors. I had heard that the largest buyers of licorice are BT, since they use it to flavor their filters. Not a lot, just a little bit. I go about 15% when making licorice juices. Tried a 30% but it was too much.

Lorann Apple is good to me at 10%. More than that and it is too cloying.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Great ! I will try about 3 drops in a full 10ml bottle to see how that works. Thanks for the reply. I gave up 1 pack a day for 15 years one month ago today. So far so good. No analogs since day one. :D

You might want to start with 2ml and add 1 drop at a time. So if you don't like it, you didn't ruin the full 10ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread