Goliath V2 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Starkville
Hmm- ok, gotta ask- which lower o-ring... the one that faces down on the deck, or the one that is on the tank but lower o-ring on the tank? Most of my liquid is coming from the AFC ports, that ring, and not the tank area.
This is caused by flooding of the coil. The flooding is caused when the vacuum inside the tank is not sufficient. The o ring I am speaking of is the larger oring that seals the glass. It connects to the base and mates with the glass. To fix this simply remove the base of the tank like you would to fill the tank. The oring will be on the base. Take a tiny screw driver and slowly and carefully dislodge the oring. As you pull it up take note of the direction it is. Pull the oring off and flip it over. Slide it back down the tank and screw back on the tank. That will fix it and it takes about 3 minutes to do at most.

AllenH

Feb 27, 2015
Ok, excellent... I'm starting to wonder if it isn't the glass itself... it's cut pretty badly. Neither section they sent is good on both edges. I could take it to my lab and polish it down... might be worth it. I certainly wouldn't want to trust the seal like that in my work- so perhaps it's rearing it's ugly head here. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely try it! :)

AdubbaU

Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Got mine yesterday, initial thoughts are all positive, .4 26 gage, great flavor and vapor. First build done in car without instructions and was filling by unscrewing build deck (3 tanks), then realized could fill from top. So far seems simple, good flavor, easy fill and no dry hits or leaking. Only negative so far is ripping through juice like crazy.

Sent from Sprint HK M8 Tapatalk

Reactions: AllenH

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Got mine yesterday, initial thoughts are all positive, .4 26 gage, great flavor and vapor. First build done in car without instructions and was filling by unscrewing build deck (3 tanks), then realized could fill from top. So far seems simple, good flavor, easy fill and no dry hits or leaking. Only negative so far is ripping through juice like crazy.

You sure you're talking about the Goliath v2? The Gv2 isn't top-fill. It's bottom fill, unless I've totally missed something lol.

AdubbaU

Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Is the Goliath v2, filling from bottom did not care for. Did not spend too much time looking for right way. Been closing off juice, and unscrewing top cap from chimney, not had issue with leak. Yes if not careful, could make mess, but glass seal on bottom is rather tight on mine.

Enjoying tank since yesterday, try single coil soon to decrease juice consumption.

AdubbaU

Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
What is the recommended way?

Pic of how I found to be easiest.

48d5f8fd6931dfe3dcbd903797de72e1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread