Goliath by Youde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamandre

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2014
This is on the heels of the the Goblin release just a few months ago. Youde is on a roll for 2015 and the release of the Goliath rba in mid to late March is no exception. I already have 3 Goblins in my collection, I will be waiting with great anticipation for this new monster.

Only place I've seen it for Pre-Sale is at vapenw.com. Here is their little write up on it.

"
The Goliath features large post holes to accommodate for it's two post build design, also to allow the user to utilize a number of builds using thicker wire. There are also larger juice canals to provide enough juice flow to keep the plumes of vapor coming. Located at the base of the Goliath, there is a ring that allows for airflow control just by simply rotating it either clockwise or counterclockwise. The heat sink design on the top cap allows for a more efficient heat transfer."

http://vapenw.com/goliath-by-youde
SOURCE: vapenw.com

Also found this at reddit.com Thanks to returnity for his input.

The UD Goliath RTA - Coming late March:

• Massive adjustable airflow like the Goblin
  • Large Pyrex tank (Goblin v1.2-size)
  • Adjustable juice control valve
  • Two-post build deck (for simpler builds w/ more room for larger wire)

http://www.reddit.com/r/SmogGB/comments/2x6pxf/goliath_by_youde/
SOURCE:
www.reddit.com

Now for some images

Also found a sneak peek in Ray Lo youtube video. He vaped on it and talked a little about it. He will have a review of it coming soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md5OOqSx0QA

If you guys find any more info on the Goliath by YD, you know what to do....
36_1_11.gif

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
So as far as we know it's basically a Goblin with juice control and more build room, sounds like a recipe for success to me. Looks like the juice lines are a little bigger? And airflow the same. I'll be curious how the flavor compares.

I had the same sentiments myself. Juice channels are definitely larger. The juice control is interesting, it looks like they could have used it to make it top fill.

[Edit]
Although looking at the deck again it doesn't look like it has bottom fill, looks like you probably fill through the juice control area, also looks like you can access the deck without draining the tank. This looks like a winner. Bottom fill on the goblin is annoying, and mine leaks.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Easier filling and being able to access the deck without draining would make the Goblin unbeatable, case closed best tank ever. Even those are pretty minor flaws though. As far as leaking I literally haven't seen a drop come out of this thing once and I've been taking it everywhere. Try this ThunderDan, next time you refill, only fill the tank 3/4 of the way up, then roll up a small wad of cotton or paper towel and poke it in the fill hole with a toothpick, soak up any juice left in that fill hole before replacing the screw. If that doesn't work the one you got must not have a good seal, in that case I'd get a little oring to go on that screw and call it a day.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Easier filling and being able to access the deck without draining would make the Goblin unbeatable, case closed best tank ever. Even those are pretty minor flaws though. As far as leaking I literally haven't seen a drop come out of this thing once and I've been taking it everywhere. Try this ThunderDan, next time you refill, only fill the tank 3/4 of the way up, then roll up a small wad of cotton or paper towel and poke it in the fill hole with a toothpick, soak up any juice left in that fill hole before replacing the screw. If that doesn't work the one you got must not have a good seal, in that case I'd get a little oring to go on that screw and call it a day.

I did just that the last time I filled it and it was dry when I just refilled it. The juice I'm using right now comes in a bottle with a small needle tip, so that helps immensely. I am thinking the bit of leaking I did get was user error. I had been using a bottle of juice with the large dropper style that doesn't fit into the goblin fill port, and was too lazy to mop it all up after getting it everywhere, I got most of it, just not down in the fill port, so my fault, but still annoying to bottom fill.

Checked out the Goliath a bit more, and you definitely can access the deck without draining and fill the tank up squape style. I'm sold, got my pre-order in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Noflers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
I've had the urge to get an RTA for awhile now, but after the terribly resistant airflow on the Kayfun I bought a couple months ago I've been hesitant. The Goblin caught my eye yesterday and I've had my heart set on that (when I can find it in stock), but then this thing surfaces. From what I can tell it looks like it's an improved Goblin. Definitely curious.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I've been looking at the Goblin for a dual-coil RTA but now that I see this ... I'm definitely going to wait. Especially if the build is accessible on the fly (my only major issue with the Goblin). Plus a dual post design? I'm in!

Only thing I'm not liking on this tank is the heat fins, but at least they look better than those on the SilverPlay ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread