Goliath by Youde

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I was using 5 wraps of .6 x .1 mm ribbon. Distilled water in my juice also keeps the wicks super wet.

0.6 x 0.1 !, what awg does that equate to ?, and what's the ohm's reading for that dual coil setup ?. I made an order for 0.7mm x 0.1mm yesterday and i know it's about 28awg. Probably 4 wraps per coil with the 0.7mm ribbon wire, anything bigger won't fit.

As it is the best i've got is 26awg round wire at the moment and that's no good.

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
I'm using 24g on my Goliath. Works great. 26g should be fine

341bc3dd76375ad12dbf9d7c8eb1d7f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: evan le'garde

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Yes it does have a silver 510 pin. The vape was ok with the 26awg but with that amount of wraps, about 8 as i remember, it did take a long time to heat up. At the moment i'm just waiting on the ribbon wire so the Goliath is on the backburner for now.

I was expecting more from the Goliath, more vapour with a dual coil setup !. With the 26awg wire i'd compare the vapage to a Subtank with a 0.5 -0.7ohm coil. I wasn't satisfied with that, i mean i'm satisfied with my subtanks, just not with my Goliath.

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I built a 4 wrap with .7 mm Ribbon in my silver pin model today. I had hell getting it to fit properly. But, after I got it working it reads .4 ohm on my Sigelei 100. It vapes well though. Just wish Youde didn't screw with the dimensions on the barrel. Now I understand why the consumers were complaining about the tight room to work with.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I built a 4 wrap with .7 mm Ribbon in my silver pin model today. I had hell getting it to fit properly. But, after I got it working it reads .4 ohm on my Sigelei 100. It vapes well though. Just wish Youde didn't screw with the dimensions on the barrel. Now I understand why the consumers were complaining about the tight room to work with.

It is a tight fit. I'm guessing you wrapped a 2.5mm id coil with that 0.7 ribbon wire ?, no ?.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Yes it does have a silver 510 pin. The vape was ok with the 26awg but with that amount of wraps, about 8 as i remember, it did take a long time to heat up. At the moment i'm just waiting on the ribbon wire so the Goliath is on the backburner for now.

I was expecting more from the Goliath, more vapour with a dual coil setup !. With the 26awg wire i'd compare the vapage to a Subtank with a 0.5 -0.7ohm coil. I wasn't satisfied with that, i mean i'm satisfied with my subtanks, just not with my Goliath.
I dunno, that is pretty much the exact dual coil setup I'm using now, 26g 2.4mm ID, ~8 wraps IIRC. Doesn't seem to take very long to heat up to me? What mod are you using? Even at just 35-40W on my DNA40 it seems good.

1hyqCzt.jpg

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I dunno, that is pretty much the exact dual coil setup I'm using now, 26g 2.4mm ID, ~8 wraps IIRC. Doesn't seem to take very long to heat up to me? What mod are you using? Even at just 35-40W on my DNA40 it seems good.

1hyqCzt.jpg

It was vaping alright, just not as much as i was hoping. Comparable to a Subtank i'd say. I was using a Vamo V7. Still slow though.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
Got my kraken glass today. It works, but it isn't perfect. It's a hair to tall. The topcap doesn't screw down the completely. I add a few wraps of Teflon tape to ensure a seal. I also swapped out the topcap o-ring with a black one from my Goblin spares. Replacement o-rings with the same OD/ID but a tad thinner would make the glass work perfect.

YMMV

132f1e2f8b31f3d425ad8637193b2d79.jpg
99cdfbf7232491feade0217f4cf5d656.jpg
de10e29b08280f85d47353919c905501.jpg
86385994c8861600045253fdff67260d.jpg

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
That's good to know. I never got to really use the OG glass. I broke with the first 15 minutes of ownership.

Yeah, I remember reading when that happened to you. You can kinda see it on my pic above, well the bottom gap, I try to center the gap to make it more even, but I don't think you can discern the top gap. Glad you got it sorted out finally.

Reactions: heateris

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
^^ Thanks man. It sure does vape nice but is one thirsty little sucker. I'm without a regulated mod right now, so I'm using a FT nemesis. .80 ohm and this thing just gulps.

I can't imagine how fast it will go thru juice at higher wattage.

Build it at .3ohm with some 24g for that nemesis (if you have batteries that are up for it), and find out, heh.

got the FT styled version, and it works great. I don't have the original sadly but the FT styled version is great. Have a dual coil set up with 24g, 6 wraps around the blue screw driver which comes @0.25 ohm. On my stingray (with full batteries) it should be around 70+w. Well i can tell you this, the thing hits like a beast :D

edit: it does eat a lot of juice though AND if you have your juice control open, when its on the side it will flood.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
got the FT styled version, and it works great. I don't have the original sadly but the FT styled version is great. Have a dual coil set up with 24g, 6 wraps around the blue screw driver which comes @0.25 ohm. On my stingray (with full batteries) it should be around 70+w. Well i can tell you this, the thing hits like a beast :D

edit: it does eat a lot of juice though AND if you have your juice control open, when its on the side it will flood.

I leave my juice control wide open, and haven't had a problem flooding. Its on its side frequently. Probably depends on the thickness of your juice, and how much / type of wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread