Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Nice tip, brother. I always enjoy seeing other vapers that aren't afraid to improve on a design. Most of our equipment is relatively simple to modify and for some reason the manufacturers don't seem to be able to visualize those simple little touches that can make a good device great. Your little 'wire-catch groove', opening up juice channels or airflow holes, cleaning up crunchy threads... I've even re-tapped post holes to put in better/larger screws. That 'wire-catch groove' was a stroke of genius! Well done!
Thank you god sir, very much appreciated! The Stilair V3 has grooves in the deck under the screws, but I had not seen this RDA before cutting mine. I'm all about the simple fixes that make a device go from good to great like you say.

Even everyday thing that were not designed for Vapers specifically like the Beadalon wire tamers. Keeps wire on the roll and has an easy feed system. Pick them up at Michaels and make your spools manageable.
5OfMQ7L.jpg

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah, I still need to pick up one of those systems. I'm still working like a grunt and all of my spools are loose and thrown in my edc bag, along with pliers, cutters, screwdrivers/allens, a ziploc full of rayon, spare batts, a couple knives, basic survival kit, etc..
One of these days I'll get all civilized... but not today! :D

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Thank you god sir, very much appreciated! The Stilair V3 has grooves in the deck under the screws, but I had not seen this RDA before cutting mine. I'm all about the simple fixes that make a device go from good to great like you say.

Even everyday thing that were not designed for Vapers specifically like the Beadalon wire tamers. Keeps wire on the roll and has an easy feed system. Pick them up at Michaels and make your spools manageable.
5OfMQ7L.jpg
Amazon has a 25 piece set for $14.71 Amazon.com: Beadalon 25-Piece Spool Tamer Set

or a 3 piece set for $3.44 + $2.00 shipping: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00KAZ139M/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Thanks! I have been looking for these but couldn't find them searching not knowing their name.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
To hold my wire on the spool, I took an old eraser, broke it in half, and wedge it into the spool. Quick, easy, FREE, and works every time! Sorry, no pics! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:
That works great too, but the spool tamers allow you to feed wire as you need it. Making applying tension to your wrap easy as well.

Just drop a spool once and you'll get a Beadalon... :D
IMG_20130930_111559.jpg

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The kayfun 4 I got a few days ago worked great at first but now I'm having flooding issues. Anyone else had this problem?
Never had any flooding issues, I have forgot to open the juice control a few times and got a nasty dry hit in the beginning.

I make sure my wick is just touching the deck, with Rayon you should trim the tails so the coil has the most density. If I use Japanese cotton I don't trim it.

Rayon wick.
YwcDiwA.jpg

Assembly is a key thing, make sure all the o-rings are in place and there are no air leaks.
Here is an exploded diagram to help with breakdown.
Kayfun V4 Diagram.jpg

Possible causes of leaks.
44c6680393f1892ca0d80dcfd413a720.png

You can replace #16 with
$2.49 Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 16mm*13mm*1.5mm(OD*ID*W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
or
$2.29 Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 15mm*12mm*1.5mm(OD*ID*W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also check for solutions here:
Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones! | E-Cigarette Forum

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Are you part of the Tensioned Micro Coil group? I ventured in there a few times but thought it was too much work.
Certainly I use tension in making my coils, but I prefer the speed of the jigs I use over hand coiling. Consistent, FAST, coils in a jiffy. Works for me. The mechanical advantage of the jig adds more tension than I could add by hand, myself. I do have some friends on the Tension Micro coil site, but don't visit very often. I believe that whole thing started off with rebuilding one of the popular replacement coil atomizers, and grew into a philosophy. I tend to find what works for me, and then stop looking for the latest and greatest, preferring reliability and repeatability over all else. Different strokes and all that. I never thought TMC was too much work, it's just I make coils in bunches and prefer the speed of the jig I built. :2c: :toast: :D

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Certainly I use tension in making my coils, but I prefer the speed of the jigs I use over hand coiling. Consistent, FAST, coils in a jiffy. Works for me. The mechanical advantage of the jig adds more tension than I could add by hand, myself. I do have some friends on the Tension Micro coil site, but don't visit very often. I believe that whole thing started off with rebuilding one of the popular replacement coil atomizers, and grew into a philosophy. I tend to find what works for me, and then stop looking for the latest and greatest, preferring reliability and repeatability over all else. Different strokes and all that. I never thought TMC was too much work, it's just I make coils in bunches and prefer the speed of the jig I built. :2c: :toast: :D

Thanks, I apply tension by hand and I might just have to visit that thread again for a bit. Jigs are a great thing but I have no place to use one. I don't need any more of "Those Vaping Things" around and in the open. ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for the advice and the parts breakdown Trolldragon. I'm going to try to break it down this weekend and see if I can find what is going on. I really wanted this to work well. Maybe I just got a lemon. I have three kfl+ and they don't all vape the same. However they don't leak either.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I'm sitting here trying to decide which is more over engineered, Bills coil jig or the Kay Fun4 :D
    If that had been the first coil jig I ever saw I'd have stopped right there & had second thoughts about wrapping my own coils!

MsLoud

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 16, 2013
    Hi guys! When using the DIY juice calculators, what do you set the drop per mil at? I noticed the one I'm using is set at 20. So when I put in my recipe is says I should use 9ml of one of my flavors when making a 120ml juice. Does that seem right? The bottle of flavoring is only 10ml...thats at 8% flavoring

Last edited:
    Reactions: Kenna
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread