Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
All of you cotton users should give rayon a try.I made the switch almost a year ago,and could never go back to any type of cotton now haha,plus 1 box for about $13 will last me and my entire family for probably 30 years haha.
Because Rayon flattens over time, versus swelling, I can't use it on the Taifun, or I develop leaking after a while. Wicking, though, seemed comparable. Because of my atty, I need to stick with the organic cotton. :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Because Rayon flattens over time, versus swelling, I can't use it on the Taifun, or I develop leaking after a while. Wicking, though, seemed comparable. Because of my atty, I need to stick with the organic cotton. :toast: :D

Um, rayon is all I use. Just a slight adjustment on amount is required. Certainly nothing wrong with cotton though.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
All of you cotton users should give rayon a try.I made the switch almost a year ago,and could never go back to any type of cotton now haha,plus 1 box for about $13 will last me and my entire family for probably 30 years haha.
I picked up a box of that as well in all it's 900' glory. :D
But sometimes I just cut a strip of Japanese cotton if I am in a hurry and the Mutation needs a quick wick.
Zoaz0Jwl.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I picked up a box of that as well in all it's 900' glory. :D
But sometimes I just cut a strip of Japanese cotton if I am in a hurry and the Mutation needs a quick wick.
Zoaz0Jwl.jpg
Haha,yeah,that's the same box i got.In the beginning,i followed all the stuff they said in the rayon thread about trimming this and fluffing that,etc. then i got lazy and started doing it basically the same way i did my cotton,pull it through the coil,cut the tails down to about 1/3 of the thickness,and done,and i found for me it still works great,so i've stuck with that.When i followed how everyone recommended,i was spending about 15-20 minutes "grooming" the wicks haha,the way i do now,takes maybe 2 minutes so i have less wick perfecting time and more vape time haha.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Like wise I also ordered one from these discussions. Quite possibly my favorite atty ever. The threads on my top cap are gritty as heck as well but......That Flavor! 2.5ml was hard to do and did result in some leaking but 2ml works just fine.

I had that problem with the threads at first, but constant use seems to have smoothed it down; I don't have any issues with it anymore. On the Frog in Fog site, they do note the need to "clean the threads" but I think it probably needs something like a toothbrush to really clean them of metal dust.

But I can get 2.5ml in mine easily; one day, I actually pulled 2.5ml into a syringe, and used that to prime the wick and then fill it, and there was still room, could have gone to 2.6 pretty easily. But yeah, if it goes over the level of that airflow "stack" under the coil, it'll leak a bit.

I do know that my Achilles have pretty much ruined me for my Kayfuns, drat it. :(

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yes the flavor is incredible. My top and bottom caps are a little gritty. I don't know how much liquid I put in. I just soaked the wick and poured some more in after it was together. I can see now how Andria said she was able to decrease her flavor percentages. I don't know that I will. I haven't been using rda/rba's for more than six months or so but this one was probably the easiest for me to screw the coil down in place. Sometimes on my kayfuns the wire wants to slip out from under the screws.

I really haven't decreased the flavor %'s, just the nic level and power level -- I love a really intense TH, but at 10mg 10w, as I used in my kayfuns, it was so much TH I'd just cough -- went to 9mg and 9w, and stopped coughing. I break in the wick at around 8w, and gradually boost it; it stays at 8.5w the longest, and right near the time when I'm thinking I need to dry-burn the coil, I'll boost it to 9w for a little more oomph until I get motivated to actually do the dry-burn/re-wick.

I experiment sometimes with about a 5% reduction in flavor, except the sweetener, with my strawberry and cream, just because the 30.5% is so much flavor, and the gunking is such a pain, but anytime I start having any problems with "vaper's tongue", I go back to the original % levels, and get my flavor back.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Rube Goldberg came to mind for me.

Heh... I use a drillbit... which I hold in my hand while wrapping wire around it, and leave in the coil while mounting it... once I mount the coil and snip the ends, the drillbit comes out, so I can meter it.

Only reason I can see for doing it any different, with one of those jig things, is if I was interested in dual coils, and needed 2 coils to be identical -- but since I hate dual coils, it's really not an issue.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I thought drops per ml were different depending on the bottle tip size, needle gauge or liquid.
Wouldn't you have to measure the gear you use to get an accurate drops per ml?

Also depends on the viscosity of the liquid -- I got anywhere from 32-38 drops per ml for Pg, and 22-28 drops per ml for VG.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Also Sephora sells shiseido which is about the same as KGD

That's the one I've found locally, so I can avoid the shipping cost -- I vastly prefer the Shiseido to the KGD, really no "cotton tasting" break-in period at all.

Get my kanthal from lightningvapes.com, and I was DELIGHTED when he started carrying odd-numbered gauges, since I prefer 29ga above everything else.

Andria

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't bought any cherry yet. I have been using lemon meringue pie, strawberry cheesecake and a fruit mix for a while. With the long weekend I've been a little bored with my current recipes and trying to think of something new to make with what I have.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    The Banana recipes I've seen and worked on generally used both TFA banana's together with a preference of the banana to the ripe of about 3-4:1, or more. So, 60 - 90% banana with 10 - 40% ripe banana. Finding the right mix is possible by using both, and there have been some pretty good recipes posted on this thread, as I recall. Good luck! :toast: :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I haven't bought any cherry yet. I have been using lemon meringue pie, strawberry cheesecake and a fruit mix for a while. With the long weekend I've been a little bored with my current recipes and trying to think of something new to make with what I have.

I made a pretty good "cherry pipe tobacco" mix, using TFA Cherry Extract. It's more tobacco than cherry, so may not be what you're looking for. It does need a long steep, since it's a tobacco flavor. If you're interested at all, I'll post the recipe.

Andria

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread