Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
We all can't be chemists and mix this stuff up. Aside from winning that 100ml of Boba's Bounty the other day :D I NEED MOAR JOOSE. Tell my X Cube + TFV4 that I got it a nice set of clothes and if it comes to it's REAL home it can have them
View attachment 487024

It prefers being naked :cool:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I just called China, they said they haven't even shipped it yet!

After watching years of cheesy Cantonese kung fu movies I am well versed in the language. What the real meaning of what they said to you is 我們船到朋友 meaning they shipped it to me. :w00t:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
@chopdoc There is about 50 giveaways going on over on reddit right now, maybe you can actually win something :p or do I have to do it?

ROFLMAO_zpsgo2v2icc.gif

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
At times I just gotta shake my head at stupidity. Tonight my own niece posted in facebook and tagged me about the dangers of vaping because some ..... tried to sub ohm with a battery that wasnt rated for what he was trying to pull from it and it burnt his car up. Serves the idiot right but for the clueless to keep sharing this garbage amazes me. I know my niece has my best interest at heart but it still irritates me to see that stuff.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Lol wow the correct title is "the dangers of being an idiot". I just stumbled into a thread where this guy wanted battery advice and some other person is telling him the purple efests are the best batteries for vaping they have the highest power it says so right on the label. I would have chimed in but Mooch was there - I let the professionals handle it. I even was tricked into buying those purple turd batteries when I started, they cost the most and have the highest numbers on it - must be the best. Vape shops need to quit scamming people and building their coils for them, it only makes vaping look bad when it literally blows up in their face. It's Ohm's Law not Ohm's General Suggestions!!!

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Lol wow the correct title is "the dangers of being an idiot". I just stumbled into a thread where this guy wanted battery advice and some other person is telling him the purple efests are the best batteries for vaping they have the highest power it says so right on the label. I would have chimed in but Mooch was there - I let the professionals handle it. I even was tricked into buying those purple turd batteries when I started, they cost the most and have the highest numbers on it - must be the best. Vape shops need to quit scamming people and building their coils for them, it only makes vaping look bad when it literally blows up in their face. It's Ohm's Law not Ohm's General Suggestions!!!

I have a few of the purple Efest 20/35 and they are ok as long as your not pulling the guts out of them. One of them sub ohming in a mech mod....no way! but a pair of them vaping the .21 ohm tri coil in the TFV4 on a Snow wolf at 80 watts, I have no problems with. I ran the numbers and its 19.5 amps at 80 watts and 20.7 amps at 90 watts. I feel the batteries often and they are seldom even warm with my vaping style.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I have a few of the purple Efest 20/35 and they are ok as long as your not pulling the guts out of them. One of them sub ohming in a mech mod....no way! but a pair of them vaping the .21 ohm tri coil in the TFV4 on a Snow wolf at 80 watts, I have no problems with. I ran the numbers and its 19.5 amps at 80 watts and 20.7 amps at 90 watts. I feel the batteries often and they are seldom even warm with my vaping style.
I use the purple efests in my mech mods, but I don't go below 0.5, actually rarely go below 0.7

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I'm always cornfused when I hear the MTL vs lunger debates. I smoked 40+ cigs a day times almost 40 years and never once did I give any thought to my technique. When I started vaping CE4/Kayfun/Nautilus style stuff just felt unnatural to me. Hated every second of it. Hit my first subohm and life was good.

I can only guess some people smoked lights at a relaxing pace. Long slow drags with no air that you suck on til your face is purple?? I smoked full flavor menthols right off the Rez. Made with 100% tobacco plus what else they swept up off the floor, sawdust, mousepoop and even worse. They burn like cannon fuse and hit like a freight train. One of my favorite things in life was getting out of state and buying Marlboro Menthols. God they were so smooth and easy. I hate to say it but if I could get Marlboros for 5 bucks a pack I prolly would still smoke.

I have several Taifun GT V2 clones. They can be abit fussy to learn. Wicking seems simple and it is but harder then it looks. Keep trying and its learn able and once learned they don't leak and you can do it in your sleep. They hit real good and have surprising airflow. Throw the AFC ring away. Flavor is VERY good. The tank is freakishly large for what it holds and has many o-rings to fail. Bell cap solves this problem. I prefer the bell cap by a factor of much but some of the ones I repair still rock it old school. Below is a pic of one I rebuilt last night. I used it some to make sure its going back perfect. Its owner uses a 50/50 juice which I hate so the TH is gross but I am reminded of what a sweet tank it is. Also the small DT makes a hot vape so I much prefer them with a better large DT.

taifun.jpg

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
No it appears to be the cleaning procedure with Ethanol or Vodka. :vapor:

CLEANING PROCEDURE:

A dirty atomizer can cause poor wicking and restrict the flow of liquid to the coil. Dirty wicking material will hold less juice and increase the potential for leaking.

For longer life clean your atomizers when you feel the performance drops or they are not wicking properly. High VG content, Dark jucies, and juices with high sugar content will need to be cleaned more often.

For cleaning use Ethanol/grain alcohol or vodka and let soak for an hour. Drip clean ethanol/alcohol into the atomizer from the mouth piece end and let it drip out the connector end, this would be the final "flush" before blowing the atomizer out and repeating steps 2-5. Step 2 would require 7-9 drops after a cleaning and blow out.

Do not let the atomizer dry out after cleaning, it needs to stay lubricated. Drop the required amount of drips of your juice or straight pg/vg for pre priming immediately after blowing it out even if you wont be using for a while. Never store the atomizer dry.

Do not blow air in from the drip tip / mouth piece end, EVER. Blow air only in the direction of airflow. In through the connector end and out through drip tip/mouth piece end.

Do not dry burn for any reason, any remaining vodka inside the atomizer should burn off after the first few pulls.
Lol, :D

That made me laugh. Keeping gunked attys in a mason jar full of alcahol was SOP for a long time. Then you'd take them out and put a piece of rolled up paper towel in the open end with a bit hanging out to wick the residual alcahol out. Same thing for cartos.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I'm always cornfused when I hear the MTL vs lunger debates. I smoked 40+ cigs a day times almost 40 years and never once did I give any thought to my technique. When I started vaping CE4/Kayfun/Nautilus style stuff just felt unnatural to me. Hated every second of it. Hit my first subohm and life was good.

I can only guess some people smoked lights at a relaxing pace. Long slow drags with no air that you suck on til your face is purple?? I smoked full flavor menthols right off the Rez. Made with 100% tobacco plus what else they swept up off the floor, sawdust, mousepoop and even worse. They burn like cannon fuse and hit like a freight train. One of my favorite things in life was getting out of state and buying Marlboro Menthols. God they were so smooth and easy. I hate to say it but if I could get Marlboros for 5 bucks a pack I prolly would still smoke.

I have several Taifun GT V2 clones. They can be abit fussy to learn. Wicking seems simple and it is but harder then it looks. Keep trying and its learn able and once learned they don't leak and you can do it in your sleep. They hit real good and have surprising airflow. Throw the AFC ring away. Flavor is VERY good. The tank is freakishly large for what it holds and has many o-rings to fail. Bell cap solves this problem. I prefer the bell cap by a factor of much but some of the ones I repair still rock it old school. Below is a pic of one I rebuilt last night. I used it some to make sure its going back perfect. Its owner uses a 50/50 juice which I hate so the TH is gross but I am reminded of what a sweet tank it is. Also the small DT makes a hot vape so I much prefer them with a better large DT.

View attachment 487046
So true, you haven't really smoked until you have cigarettes from the Reservation. Rez smokes were a big thing around here when the prices went crazy. 100 to a bag and they were quite the thing, I've smoked Gitanes that were smoother... :eek:

Floor sweepings you say, an old History Channel piece for your viewing pleasure. :D

The GS II has gotten away from the traditional GT setup and more of an FeV build. A cheap Taifun GT V2 can be made for $9.50 from parts for those that want to try one out.

Base & Chimney
$7.39 Replacement Base + Chimney for Taifun GT-T V2 - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Tank
$2.06 Replacement Acrylic Tank for Taifun GT-T V2 RTA - translucent at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Add your own DT and you are good to go.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
.... I even was tricked into buying those purple turd batteries when I started, they cost the most and have the highest numbers on it - must be the best. Vape shops need to quit scamming people and building their coils for them, it only makes vaping look bad when it literally blows up in their face. It's Ohm's Law not Ohm's General Suggestions!!!

@Romano Cheese You seem to need a signature line, and I think you just found one..:thumbs:..:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread