The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmA Ems

Moved On
Mar 8, 2016
Nope, they arnt! But was referring to the One Woman lol :w00t:

Oh, um, am I a "Special Occasions Club Member"? Or just Special??? :rolleyes::eek::p

Oh that woman, awww Mikey, it's so sweet and so sad, I'd hug you, my love sick special puppy x
Oops, too late! :D

My pleasure dear Emma, enjoy! :w00t:

I think you just made that up. 100% <nods> ;)

:lol::shock:

Pour vous Rixy...

Great song, I do pay my way, in fact, I'm the only one working so I ain't that bad, although I do have a lot of savings hehe

@Lessifer
are you thinking about making a "part two" ?
(it's about due) ;)

:evil:
I'm still getting my head around part 1 lol

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
OK, coil wrapping question. If I want a slightly warmer denser vape from a build that I currently have, what should I change next time I rebuild it. Keep it simple, still fairly inexperienced with coil building.

What do you have now? Ga? ID? Ohms? SIngle or Dual? Atty? Sorry for all the questions just want to wrap my head around it! :confused::D

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    What do you have now? Ga? ID? Ohms? SIngle or Dual? Atty? Sorry for all the questions just want to wrap my head around it! :confused::D
    I guess I was really looking for a more general guideline, so I can wrap my head around it. Something like, add more wraps to lower your resistance, or keep resistance the same but change both the diameter and # of wraps, or change to a higher or lower ga wire while keeping the same dia and # of wraps. That type of thing.

For reference though, this is a 1ohm single coil clapton 26/32 2.5mm in a Mutation X v4.

pokemom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 24, 2014
    Lauderhill, Florida, United States
    I guess I was really looking for a more general guideline, so I can wrap my head around it. Something like, add more wraps to lower your resistance, or keep resistance the same but change both the diameter and # of wraps, or change to a higher or lower ga wire while keeping the same dia and # of wraps. That type of thing.

For reference though, this is a 1ohm single coil clapton 26/32 2.5mm in a Mutation X v4.
    If you go down in gauge of wire then the same amount of wraps will go down in ohms. I think if you raise your diameter of coil that the ohms will also go down, but I'm not sure about that one. The more wraps the higher the ohms too.

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    If you go down in gauge of wire then the same amount of wraps will go down in ohms. I think if you raise your diameter of coil that the ohms will also go down, but I'm not sure about that one. The more wraps the higher the ohms too.
    Yep, I understand that part of it, but what affects the density and warmth of that vape? That is clearly affected by more than the ohms, I just don't know what specifically.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida

I was going to say in general that the more surface area, lower ohm build. Since your already using a Clapton coil the surface area is there. I would suggest going lower on the ohms and boost the wattage. You can adjust your wattage to get the warmth of your vape set. I usually use dual claptons around .5 ohms and about 50+ watts.

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I was going to say in general that the more surface area, lower ohm build. Since your already using a Clapton coil the surface area is there. I would suggest going lower on the ohms and boost the wattage. You can adjust your wattage to get the warmth of your vape set. I usually use dual claptons around .5 ohms and about 50+ watts.
    Yeah, boosting the wattage is an issue, at least if I want to use it on my current setup. Have it on an unregulated mod. I'm not quite confident enough in my ability to wrap duplicate coils to try dual coils (have had a couple of not so good attempts at that)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida
    Yeah, boosting the wattage is an issue, at least if I want to use it on my current setup. Have it on an unregulated mod. I'm not quite confident enough in my ability to wrap duplicate coils to try dual coils (have had a couple of not so good attempts at that)

Gotcha. I wasn't suggesting that you make dual coils it was just more how I build. I know what you mean about building dual coils though as it took me some time to get it right myself. Just have at it and you'll get it as well. If your going to use a single coil on unregulated I would drop the ohms to only what your battery can handle and your comfortable with. You may have better luck with a regulated mod.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    @Lessifer
    are you thinking about making a "part two" ?
    (it's about due) ;)

:evil:
    What is the post limit for a thread? I can start a new one if it's needed, sorry, haven't been by much lately. Still modwomping, just not a whole lot changes with my vape :)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida
    What is the post limit for a thread? I can start a new one if it's needed, sorry, haven't been by much lately. Still modwomping, just not a whole lot changes with my vape :)

I'm not too sure but I think the tootle thread changed around 15,000.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread