Status
Not open for further replies.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
How easy is it to build on. I love that it can be single coil. It looks like it might not leak in me? I sick at wicking. It's it good for a sucky wicker?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
@GemInEye The only building I did on the Theorem was change the cotton to rayon, the notch coil was in it when it came, they come pre wicked if you like cotton so it should be pretty easy, it will leak, I had in a pocket while gardening and my shirt got wet from bending over so much, if you buy the notch coils separate they come wicked also(wismec) :vapor: you will want to trim the cotton wicks that come with it, they are really long,

Last edited:

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I picked up 4 of the Ehpro Kayfun Lite V2's from Vapor Range ($9.95 ea) and liked it so much, I got 4 more.

I drilled out the center air tubes to 5/64 on the first 4, and it is perfect for me. It was just a little tight for me, stock. Now I can use the air screws and really dial it in. Lovin' these things.

DSCN0141.jpg
DSCN0139.jpg

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
@GemInEye The only building I did on the Theorem was change the cotton to rayon, the notch coil was in it when it came, they come pre wicked if you like cotton so it should be pretty easy, it will leak, I had in a pocket while gardening and my shirt got wet from bending over so much, if you buy the notch coils separate they come wicked also(wismec) :vapor: you will want to trim the cotton wicks that come with it, they are really long,
Hmm i didnt plan on using the notch coils at all because i didnt want to add another coil i have to stock up on. I'm trying to find things that are super easy to build on.. Like if i wick it wrong it's not an issue such as juice pouring everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Reactions: Kenna

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I would not mind having a blemished one. I am all for paying for a well made product just not a fancy paint job :)
They don't sell blems. If you look at the Hex Ohm 2.1 & Distressed sections and go thru the color options, they have some that are marked down to 140.00 from 189.00. Those are the standard paint jobs. The Distressed just have the anodizing removed from all the edges & the exposed metal is polished. They are very pretty, I'd like a blue distressed.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
They don't sell blems. If you look at the Hex Ohm 2.1 & Distressed sections and go thru the color options, they have some that are marked down to 140.00 from 189.00. Those are the standard paint jobs. The Distressed just have the anodizing removed from all the edges & the exposed metal is polished. They are very pretty, I'd like a blue distressed.
aha. That is what I saw. I took the word distressed to mean blemished. I would pay $140 for a well made mod with a lifetime warranty. Heck Yeah!
Where do you get the ones that say Sicboy?

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
My problem is, I am ashamed to say, the unexpected leaking that occurs without warning. This is how I ruined my Vaporshark rDNA. I need something sealed. Not sure if they even make them. This is why I just buy cheap most of the time

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
My problem is, I am ashamed to say, the unexpected leaking that occurs without warning. This is how I ruined my Vaporshark rDNA. I need something sealed. Not sure if they even make them. This is why I just buy cheap most of the time
Do you own any of those Heatvape Invader Mini mods? I have eight and I rinse them in the sink. I am still too chicken to toss them in the dish washer though. :lol:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Do you own any of those Heatvape Invader Mini mods? I have eight and I rinse them in the sink. I am still too chicken to toss them in the dish washer though. :lol:
going to go check these out now :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
aha. That is what I saw. I took the word distressed to mean blemished. I would pay $140 for a well made mod with a lifetime warranty. Heck Yeah!
Where do you get the ones that say Sicboy?
You get those at the Sicboy website. The Suicide Bunny sells their Mother's Milk & OB Hex Ohm's. The Cuttwood website sells theirs. They are all made by Craving Vapor.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
There are plastic disc's that you can get at Madvapes in the accessories section that help protect the top of your mods from swirl marks & scratches from attys. They fit tightly around the 510 pin on the atty. I've found that the prevent leaks from getting juice down in the connection. They are black.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I picked up 4 of the Ehpro Kayfun Lite V2's from Vapor Range ($9.95 ea) and liked it so much, I got 4 more.

I drilled out the center air tubes to 5/64 on the first 4, and it is perfect for me. It was just a little tight for me, stock. Now I can use the air screws and really dial it in. Lovin' these things.

View attachment 556243 View attachment 556245
You did a nice job on that :)

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
You did a nice job on that :)
Thanks. I used a drill press. It wasn't difficult. Just took my time and kept it lubed up.

I also drilled out the 2 side holes in the air tube, to match. It was a big improvement in my book. I also ground down the end of the air tube, that sticks up above the positive block, when it's assembled. It's now flush, with the top of the block. I figured that would help lessen the chance of the coil shorting out on it.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Thanks. I used a drill press. It wasn't difficult. Just took my time and kept it lubed up.

I also drilled out the 2 side holes in the air tube, to match. It was a big improvement in my book. I also ground down the end of the air tube, that sticks up above the positive block, when it's assembled. It's now flush, with the top of the block. I figured that would help lessen the chance of the coil shorting out on it.

Thats great.......you can purchase pre-modded posts I think Cisco and Dino sell them? I have one of them but if you can do your own its always nice to save money. Have you looked at the Monster V2 bases at all? It may have been you we were talking to about it a few pages back. Those are very nice to use also if you want a well restricted DL sometimes. I think they are pretty nice.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I did see the milled air tubes at Avid Vaper. I considered those for Plan B's, in case I ended up butchering my tubes with my drilling attempt. I was fortunate, and the drilling went very smoothly.

I just looked up the Monster V2 base. Woah, now those are some air holes. I've never been a DL hitter. After 45 years of cigs, I'm programmed for MTL I guess. The Monster sure looks like it could deliver some DL action though.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
After some research I have decided to not go in the world of Kayfuns...I am hoping I can solve my Taifun problems and stay where I am at with those (my love affair has been going on for almost 3 years now)
BUT I do feel the need to have a few of something else stock piled away
That being said I would love to hear from some others about a couple of low heat (12 watt ish) friendly RDA's that one can just buy to have in reserve. In the last year I have spent too much time talking about juice and not paying attention to tanks. Everything I see now that is new and popular (Griffin, the Uwell Crown, Horizon Artic, etc) are all sub ohm tanks.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
There are plastic disc's that you can get at Madvapes in the accessories section that help protect the top of your mods from swirl marks & scratches from attys. They fit tightly around the 510 pin on the atty. I've found that the prevent leaks from getting juice down in the connection. They are black.

I have scoured the accessory sections (for mods and for tanks) at Madvapes and cannot find these? :facepalm: Have you seen them there lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread