Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
After some research I have decided to not go in the world of Kayfuns...I am hoping I can solve my Taifun problems and stay where I am at with those (my love affair has been going on for almost 3 years now)
BUT I do feel the need to have a few of something else stock piled away
That being said I would love to hear from some others about a couple of low heat (12 watt ish) friendly RDA's that one can just buy to have in reserve. In the last year I have spent too much time talking about juice and not paying attention to tanks. Everything I see now that is new and popular (Griffin, the Uwell Crown, Horizon Artic, etc) are all sub ohm tanks.

Hrm.... I have a Crown and its RBA head. Also have the 1.2Ω coils. I've picked up the Triton RBA heads (although it was mentioned that the Anyvape head is better, but for a couple bucks a piece, I had to give it a try....) that I can use in my Melo III. I usually replace the wide-bore tips and put my regular tips in. I can open or close airflow. I also have CLR heads for my eGo ONEs - those get built anywhere from 0.5-1.5Ω Even with open airflow, they have a little more restrictive draw than other toppers of mine. So, technically, almost everything I have (especially now), I can rebuild the heads (still trying to figure out the Nautis :sneaky: )

I guess my philosophy is RDA/RTA/RBA - build it how you like it. I put a 1.4Ω build in a Velocity and ran it about 12-15W It was amazing.

Maybe I'm naive, but it works for me.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Hrm.... I have a Crown and its RBA head. Also have the 1.2Ω coils. I've picked up the Triton RBA heads (although it was mentioned that the Anyvape head is better, but for a couple bucks a piece, I had to give it a try....) that I can use in my Melo III. I usually replace the wide-bore tips and put my regular tips in. I can open or close airflow. I also have CLR heads for my eGo ONEs - those get built anywhere from 0.5-1.5Ω Even with open airflow, they have a little more restrictive draw than other toppers of mine. So, technically, almost everything I have (especially now), I can rebuild the heads (still trying to figure out the Nautis :sneaky: )

I guess my philosophy is RDA/RTA/RBA - build it how you like it. I put a 1.4Ω build in a Velocity and ran it about 12-15W It was amazing.

Maybe I'm naive, but it works for me.
Yes you can build them how you like them but I have found that the last few that I have bought with this notion in mind have turned out to be too airy of a draw.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@chanelvaps - I'm wif ya now.... I love my Nautis (but I'm not clever enough to rebuild those.) Love my PT2s as well.....

You're right - most RDAs and RTAs are intended for moar power and bigger klowdz. I hear such good things about the Orchid (don't have one, so no personal experience.) @TrollDragon may have some good suggestions - he's got a healthy variety of rebuildable toppers....

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yes you can build them how you like them but I have found that the last few that I have bought with this notion in mind have turned out to be too airy of a draw.

@chanelvaps - I'm wif ya now.... I love my Nautis (but I'm not clever enough to rebuild those.) Love my PT2s as well.....

You're right - most RDAs and RTAs are intended for moar power and bigger klowdz. I hear such good things about the Orchid (don't have one, so no personal experience.) @TrollDragon may have some good suggestions - he's got a healthy variety of rebuildable toppers....
You can't really go wrong with the new Kayfun 3 or 5. The SQuape Rx and Flash e-Vapor V3 are two great RTA that are easy to build and maintain. I use both daily and they can be built for tootle puffing, I have the new SQuape xDream inbound and will report when it gets here. In all honesty Kayfun Lites from EHPro are sure winners, they won't compare to the new 3 or 5 for ease of use though.

*I don't have a KF 3 or 5 yet so I am going on what I read and have seen in the reviews.

Unfortunately all the newer product these days cater to the sub ohm/cloud crowd because that is where the money is. It might actually be time to revisit the charter post of this thread, Roxy listed a lot of excellent TP RTAs there and you can get them at a decent price these days.

Hope that helps, I don't do very much sub 20W vaping these days except for the GEM on the Mini Volt at 18W... :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have scoured the accessory sections (for mods and for tanks) at Madvapes and cannot find these? :facepalm: Have you seen them there lately?
I found my receipt for them. Sorry, I lied! They are at Kidney Puncher. They are called Mod Guards. There are 5 in package & were 1.95.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I am super impressed with the Merlin. It's currently neck en neck with the Hurricane. That's saying something.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Still, I love the Cubis. Not too loose, not too airy, produces massive vapor, although I like the Nautilus better in flavor dept...
I'm still in the search. My preferred ohms are 1 to .4, and although I do vape at that the vape is just too harsh to vape for extended periods.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
This is a neat idea for people who have dexterity problems. I guess it could be used as a tootle tank and maybe they will have a plug for a single coil option. No tool building is a step in the right direction IMO. I think what they did here would be better than those terrible thumb screws. Seems I seen something exactly like this not long ago but I cannot remember what it was.

$29.93 Authentic Youde UD EZ RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Ordered one of these during Hoosier Vape's 15-percent off Memorial Day sale. Paid about$25, which for me is unusual. I normally haunt the clearance and specials isles, but I concentrated on building up my atty and rebuildable head supplies this week. I think this is worth a shot. I should have it in a couple days and will report back on my thoughts.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Still, I love the Cubis. Not too loose, not too airy, produces massive vapor, although I like the Nautilus better in flavor dept...
I'm still in the search. My preferred ohms are 1 to .4, and although I do vape at that the vape is just too harsh to vape for extended periods.
Are you using the rebuildable head in the Cubis? It drives me crazy. I've already lost the tiny tiny little screw that captures the negative lead. Luckily there is an extra in the bag that came with it. Even PBusardo struggled with this rebuild, so at least I'm not alone. I usually like 1.2 to 1.8 ohm coils. What coils do you use?

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Ordered one of these during Hoosier Vape's 15-percent off Memorial Day sale. Paid about$25, which for me is unusual. I normally haunt the clearance and specials isles, but I concentrated on building up my atty and rebuildable head supplies this week. I think this is worth a shot. I should have it in a couple days and will report back on my thoughts.
It appears to be dual coil only Mike, look where the air inlets are positioned into the chamber and there doesn't appear to be a blanking option.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
It appears to be dual coil only Mike, look where the air inlets are positioned into the chamber and there doesn't appear to be a blanking option.
It comes with a plug that converts it to a one-coil head.

He shows the plug at about 42:20 of the above review is anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
So this happened today! Still need that blue one! And the pink Angel!

Thank you for your order

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:

Order #24973ProductQuantityPriceLimited Edition Hexohm v2.1
Color: Rainbow's End
I've considered getting a Hexohm. Would this be a good thing to have for the Vapocalypse? I was thinking it might be the easiest regulated mod to get repaired in the uncertain future if need be.

Last edited:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
After a long wait I finally got my package from FT that had the Kayfun v3s. Took a little fiddling with the o-rings to get the juice control/refilling working smooth. Now that I've had them for a few days I'm quite happy. Simple 1.2ohm contact coils are producing nice flavor and vapor.

I bought them for my wife who likes a tight draw but the airflow screw has a nice range. She's getting her tight MTL and I'm getting my preferred airy mtl/restricted dtl. For under 13 bucks a shot I can't complain. I'm ordering the plus version for me. I need more than 2ml capacity. I'm used to the lites/3.1s. V3 is a great stealth tank as is either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread