GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #106 ...for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
9/4 #4
PIF to @Slowone2

I hope we get some some pacific storms up here count......I see them churning in the ocean....they need to move north.......
By all accounts, we should see more than our share this winter.

Oh I hope some of that rain makes it here.
No rain from these. :( They are all the hurricanes that are traipsing around the southern pacific, generating waves--but no rain--for us.

Be careful!
Always. The advantage we have over other people who will be hitting the waves is that we know what we're doing. If the sets are big enough to punish us, we'll know it even before we stick a toe in the water. Besides, most of the weather folks here are transplants from other parts of the country and don't know a thing about surfing, so while I expect we might see some larger sets, I doubt it will be the near-destruction they've been hyping on the news. ("If you're planning on spending your Labor Day weekend at the beach, you might want to think again! Dangerous waves and strong rip tides are expected...."). We'll see.

Slow, I've heard you tell that story before, and my heart aches to hear it again. :( My sympathies...

20140803TorreyPines0624.jpg

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
9/4 #5
All the animals, including my roommates, were happy to see me. I'm taking the rest of the day off but I intend to hit the ground running tomorrow,, well, almost running. Lots to catch up on and I am declaring a

DOUBLE WINNER

for the entries during the 2 weeks that I have been out of touch. During that time, the internet was non-existant so I was out of touch through the internet.....by tablet or smartphone.

Bottom Line... I'm back and raring to go full speed ahead
YAHOO.........Good to see you GMO.....................

9/4 3

Woo hoo congrats blue,,, is it a temp control one.... Either way nice win

Yes,it says TC and TC tank included (from MV).......I am actually excited to give this a try....If it works good I might keep it...
ef5eb9227c71f6615e4bc55416093d16.jpg

vil-automn.gif

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
9/4 #1 PIF to @Jason Burton
the juice I vape is $20+ a bottle and I go through 15ml at a minimum a day, yesterday I blew through 30ml.
Wow! We must really be lightweights and I am...uh... very frugal? :?:
Scientists have determined the number of trees on Earth: 3.04 trillion.
They miscounted. I have some new ones here at Love Acres that they missed. :pervy:

153 and even had its own natural arch.jpg

Finally popped back out of Montana. The water pump blew at Custer Memorial and had to spend a night waiting to get that fixed, then rushed farther south in Wyoming. Looking for a rest area, all I found were little turn-outs with signs that implied it was a place to walk your cow or something (livestock exercise area), but no bathrooms for people that I could see. Saw a "county park" sign pointing up a side road, so took that turn. A few miles down that road and came to a small parking lot full of county mountie cars (seems they were having a picnic). After using the porta-potty, wandered over to this creek. They should have advertised that there was a natural bridge here.

WELCOME BACK SHERMAN!!!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
9/4/15 #5

LOL @Fuzzy Thunderbear - I'm glad you're adding to the Tree population :)

WELCOME BACK GMO!!!!! Hope you're doing better.

Sending @Slowone2 -
images

I'm sorry that your family situation is "less-than-optimal"

Hope all who are having rough times can start to see some light at the end of your tunnels.....

D4350r.jpg

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
9/4 #6
Well Treefam I am off to get somethings done today.....Have a great day and I might be around later to check in........
And Tigg here is a photo of the rocks I am staring at.....Nothing is prettier than Labradorite..
$_35.JPG

vil-automn.gif

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
9/4
9/4 #4
My luck is changing.......I won an iStick today.........I missed winning all the huge giveaways...but this might make up for it...I was wanting a box that I could try my sub ohm tank with and now I have one....I can't wait......I hope I hit more than 2 numbers on the Megaball lottery tonight........
vil-automn.gif

Congrats on your win Blue!!

Well, seems that when I called this morning they misunderstood me when I said that the faucet was leaking really badly and we couldn't turn it on or it wouldn't stop leaking. The girl texted the repair man that we had to turn the water off outside at the main thingy.. SO he bumped us up and came right over.

He said he has 70 repair orders and is 2 weeks behind so we would have been waiting for weeks to see him if they wouldn't had misunderstood him. He wasn't amused.. NOT my fault, but then I'm glad because I don't want to have to wait all that time and my water bill continue to skyrocket. He seems to think the leaks aren't bad and shouldn't have caused it to do that.. whatever just fix the dang thing!

He's gone to get parts to fix it.. hope he has better luck finding them because my husband went to get parts to fix it himself and they don't have the right ones, and found out you need to to replace the whole system. We will see what he comes up with.. as long as it gets fixed and my water bill goes back down..

Welcome back GMO!

:tumble:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
9/4 #2 PIF to @boardopboy

Supposed to be cooler today. Yeah, they said that for yesterday too and it still hit 100 F! I have tons of outside work that needs doing but this old body just can't handle that heat any more. Sigh...

168 to Rocky Mountain National Park.jpg

The rest of Wyoming was uneventful, so buzzed on down to Colorado and up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Lots of BIG steep stuff, but the schedule did not permit jumping out to crawl up any of these.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
9/4
1. PIF @Slowone2
Wow you guys have been busy in here! Tiggs, I am just loving reading about the shenanigans going on my island!!! Can't wait for the next installment! :D

Bella, sorry to hear you're having such troubles with the water bill/leak thing. I hope they get it fixed for you today! I had the same problem with my water bill last month, except mine tripled! :shock:...Went up from $35 to over $90...I immediately passed it along to my son as he was told he had to pay the difference when it went up...and it's still better than last year when I was getting bills for $150/month...thought it was a leak at the time, but turns out the idiots living with me at that time really were using that much water! Ever since my stepson and his girlfriend moved out they went back to normal, but then my son and his family moved in and now they are on the rise again! NOT NICE! :glare:

Slow, it makes me so sad to read that about your son...my heart aches for you. Hopefully someday he'll figure it out. Sending (((HUGS))) to you my friend.

Blue, congrats on the iStick win!:thumbs: I have that one...I love it! I think you'll find it pretty nice.

Count, have fun surfing, but stay safe! Would hate for you to get washed away...but if you do, just head for my island! :p

GMO, so glad to see you back home! Hooray! :D...We've definitely missed you!

I'm sure there are other things I wanted to reply to, but for the life of me I can't remember them now.

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
PIF @Slowone2
9/4 #3
Today is normally my Hump Day but I have to work on Monday so like in Tiggs story a Hump is missing.

How does the muse @tiggerrts KNOW these things?:rolleyes:

9/4 #3
PIF to @Slowone2
I guess we'll get, as my wife so eloquently put it, "our butts kicked."
..If you're lucky :D

9/4 #4
My luck is changing.......I won an iStick today........

YAY!! For Luck Changing !!:banana: And Congratz on the nice win,Blue...She's puuuuuurdy!!

[enter]
I intend to hit the ground running tomorrow,, well, almost running.
Bottom Line.. I'm back and raring to go full speed ahead
YAY!! full speed ahead, @glassmanoak !!
Full Speed Ahead.gif

9/4 #6
.....Nothing is prettier than Labradorite..
$_35.JPG

OMG @liblue1 ...It's GORGEOUS!! (I had to immediately forward it to a Geologist friend of mine! There is a reason they get the name "rock licker";)...I dunno..it's scientific:rolleyes:...)

9/4
The girl texted the repair man that we had to turn the water off outside at the main thingy.. SO he bumped us up and came right over.

HURRAY for misunderstandings! ..when they are of the GOOD variety!;):thumb:

@DingerCPA ...Nice tree pic, Dinger....CPA :D ..you need a badge you can flash! Before you know it, you will be taking @rangerrobin 's place out on "The Island" (while she is on vaca)...keeping the accounts receivables peaceful and administering oaths ..:censored: ......not that kind:D

A good night to all...I got work to do. Slept most of the day, but feeling better:)

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
9/4 #3 PIF to @anjelvape77

Just too darn hot out there to do anything... puff pant.... saw a cloud on the horizon... maybe (please) we'll get a thunderstorm and rain later...

177 and see the other side of the mountains.jpg

Went over the other side of the Rockies to see what Colorado looked like on the west side. Have some lunch in the village of Grand Lake, go back up to meet my friend who was working at the gift shop at the top of the summit in Rocky Mtn Natl Pk.

Last edited:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
9/4 #5
PIF to @Slowone2

Bottom Line.. I'm back and raring to go full speed ahead
I take that to mean that the bionic is a success! :woot: WTG, GMO! Now you'll be running faster than the rest of us!

Count, have fun surfing, but stay safe! Would hate for you to get washed away...but if you do, just head for my island! :p
..If you're lucky :D
Surf report calls for 4-6 feet on Sunday... which is big for September but not other months. Anyways, you guys have to put up with me for a couple more days before I get washed away. :laugh:

20140514TorreyPines.jpg

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
9/4 #4 PIF to @rangerrobin

Hiding from the heat in the dungeon. Probably should go upstairs and see how Chiclet and Wifey are doing.... :?:

180 the highway is 12183 feet.jpg

There really are some trees down there, but at the highway summit in Rocky Mountain National Park, you are way above the tree line. This highway is actually higher up than most mountain peaks: 12,183 feet above sea level (and I thought Bear Tooth Pass was high!). That's well over two miles. Think, for a moment, about standing on the beach on a "partly cloudy" day. The surf is lapping at your feet. You look straight up and see a tiny puff of altocumulus. It's probably only 8-10,000 feet up. There's a smaller one. Maybe it is 12,000 feet. Now, imagine you are driving on top of that cloud. That is why, in this picture, the clouds are below the camera. What looks like simple stratus in this photo would be over two miles up at the beach (and would be called altostratus).

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
9/4
The guy couldn't fix the leak,made it worse so he called a REAL plumber and they got it fixed.. for now at least.

The water company tested my lines and read the meter. No leaks that show on their tests so they said it had to be the toilets or a small enough leak somewhere that won't register on their test. We've replaced the whole system on both toilets in the last month so hopefully in November we'll have a normal bill.

We are billed a month behind.. the reading they took today will be for next months bill and it is at the same usage as the one I paid yesterday, so one more month of high bills and hopefully back to normal.

I've had a hot shower and I'm having a nice cold alcoholic beverage right now. I needed one! I'll be three sheets to the wind by the time hubby gets home. lol

Love your new toy Dinger!

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
9/4 #5 PIF to @KatzWh1skers

Only 92 degrees upstairs (no, we do not have functional A/C). Two more small distant clouds. If anyone gets a thunderstorm tonight, it likely will be the Black Hills.

197 they are very special garden of gods.jpg

This place is called Garden of the Gods and is well south of Denver. At one time, it was fairly remote, but suburbs have surrounded it to the point where, now, you can see houses through the trees and it is no longer a pristine looking sanctuary at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread