Status
Not open for further replies.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
Evic has been acting up recently. I will lock the atty in at .13 Ohms, the next day it will say .11 ohms and I have to increase the temp by 100 degrees to get the same vape. It did this now with several Kanger NI coils. Not sure what's going on here. You would think that once you lock it, it won't go anywhere.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Evic has been acting up recently. I will lock the atty in at .13 Ohms, the next day it will say .11 ohms and I have to increase the temp by 100 degrees to get the same vape. It did this now with several Kanger NI coils. Not sure what's going on here. You would think that once you lock it, it won't go anywhere.

It's auto refining the locked res once it cools down. I'd just increase the temp and live with it.

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
520°f in Ni mode? That's a very warm vape huh? I'm at 520ish in Ti mode which is known to read about 80°f higher than actual. Ni reads about 20°f higher than actual? That would put your vapor temp about 60°f hotter than mine? Is it ever actually hitting temp protect at 37-38w? Curious
I do like quite a warm vape. I have been watching my wattage more closely since your original post and see that watts climbs initially to 55 very briefly then drops to low to mid 40s and finally to 27 or so with temp protect occasionally kicking in. Not really very noticeable during the vape. I wish my eyeballs were on stalks so I could watch the screen more easily during the vape. Also I find that I do adjust my temp F setting relative to my juice of choice that is being used. For example with that Mango/Peach I mentioned yesterday, 520 is a very nice setting for me. I currently have a tank of juice named Melon Boba from "GoodLife" and I use that at 460F as a good setting. Why these differences is something I am not very sure about, but just seems to be how I operate with my tank and various liquids. My philosophy is "what-ever works!"

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I do like quite a warm vape. I have been watching my wattage more closely since your original post and see that watts climbs initially to 55 very briefly then drops to low to mid 40s and finally to 27 or so with temp protect occasionally kicking in. Not really very noticeable during the vape. I wish my eyeballs were on stalks so I could watch the screen more easily during the vape. Also I find that I do adjust my temp F setting relative to my juice of choice that is being used. For example with that Mango/Peach I mentioned yesterday, 520 is a very nice setting for me. I currently have a tank of juice named Melon Boba from "GoodLife" and I use that at 460F as a good setting. Why these differences is something I am not very sure about, but just seems to be how I operate with my tank and various liquids. My philosophy is "what-ever works!"

Thanks @AlaskaVaper , that gives me pretty good idea of how the VCT transports juice; about the same as a STmini with a V1 rba.

Temp differences are very much juice dependent. Not just to bring out the flavor notes of each type of flavoring but also temps will vary depending on vg-pg ratio. Pg has a much lower boiling point than vg so temp settings will typically be much lower with high pg based ejuice vs high vg based ejuice.

Reactions: AlaskaVaper

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
Hey all. Kind of new to the TC mods. Have a joyetech epic VT 60 in transit. Trying to wrap my head around temp and watts setting. If you set the device at XXX temp, what difference does it make what the watts is set at? Probably a real dumb question, but after searching for hours can't seem to find a good answer that I understand. Just seems as tho the temp will be what it is set at, regardless of what the watts is set to.

Thanks

KingMeof

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Arizona
Hey all. Kind of new to the TC mods. Have a joyetech epic VT 60 in transit. Trying to wrap my head around temp and watts setting. If you set the device at XXX temp, what difference does it make what the watts is set at? Probably a real dumb question, but after searching for hours can't seem to find a good answer that I understand. Just seems as tho the temp will be what it is set at, regardless of what the watts is set to.

Thanks
Kind of. The lower you set it, the longer it will take to reach your temp. So, if you set to 60w, it'll reach your temp pretty quickly then limit the watts to your temp. If you set to 25w, it'll take longer to get to your temp, if at all.

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
Kind of. The lower you set it, the longer it will take to reach your temp. So, if you set to 60w, it'll reach your temp pretty quickly then limit the watts to your temp. If you set to 25w, it'll take longer to get to your temp, if at all.
Thanks. Easy answer for a dumb question. Makes perfect sense. I am worried about the device kicking out of temp mode and giving me a harsh hit. Trying not to inhale in anything worse then what I already am. So I think I may try and play it safe considering some of the reviews I have read/seen. Thanks for the help!

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Thanks. Easy answer for a dumb question. Makes perfect sense. I am worried about the device kicking out of temp mode and giving me a harsh hit. Trying not to inhale in anything worse then what I already am. So I think I may try and play it safe considering some of the reviews I have read/seen. Thanks for the help!
To prevent that, switch it to watts mode and set the watts to a nice low 15 or whatever. Then set up the temp mode stuff. The wattage adjustments are seperate for the 2 modes.

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Or a smart phone screen turned off. Not as good as a mirror but it works.
Thanks for the practical suggestions 54 and Cigatron but, I am getting up in years and developing cataracts that make it difficult if not impossible to follow either of those ideas. I do not even have a cell phone so you can see that I am pretty much living in the dark ages up here in Ak- lol. Your thoughts are really appreciated however. Vaping has sort of become my primary form of personal gratification these days, providing me with the satisfaction and deep pleasure I used to derive from the consumption of a variety of pipe tobaccos in the past. Since finding sub-ohm vaping I have not looked back, but unfortunately, and perhaps being, well, not OCD, but rather likely with an addictive leaning, vaping has sort of become a personal passion. I apologize if I emote to much with this reply but I just wanted to share this with some who may possibly understand how gripping these transformations can be for some of us. I really do appreciate the sharing of thoughts and ideas that occur on this site. It is kind of like finding FB for the first time and I am grateful such resources exist. The evolution of technology that has provided the basis for all that we, who are lucky enough to be living in such advanced societies, is truly astounding and wonderful. "Viva la Vapor" amigos.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Blog it here on your ecf account. No permissions necessary. :D

Some folks blog as a partial revenue generator and also collect their works around a central body of work. ECF has a way to blog on their site, but I am unaware of any ad revenue sharing that encourages folks to invest heavily into it versus a blog of their own.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
The evolution of technology that has provided the basis for all that we, who are lucky enough to be living in such advanced societies, is truly astounding and wonderful. "Viva la Vapor" amigos.

I do want to read your review of the DNA200 when you vape on one.

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
Anyone interested in the mini:
Ecig.com has the mini for $41.80 w/free shipping after coupon code newreflection. It's the full kit with the ego one mega and coils. I thought it was a good deal without the atty... Discovered after ordering that it came with the ego one mega!!!

CrazyIvan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Atlanta
Anyone interested in the mini:
Ecig.com has the mini for $41.80 w/free shipping after coupon code newreflection. It's the full kit with the ego one mega and coils. I thought it was a good deal without the atty... Discovered after ordering that it came with the ego one mega!!!

Looks like a good deal, but can these guys be trusted?

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Thanks for the replies. I usually vape at 35- 45 watts on kanthal with my Sigelli 150 and STM and VCT- with an rda 24 ga at at 90-100 watts at .8ohms on my big Buddha on a kung Fu series box As this is my first TC I am probably too apprehensive. Unlikely to be under 30 watts so I will just get on with it. I will be posting my experiences as I get familiar with this new device. As the Chinese proverb says "may you live in interesting times", and perhaps this is what they mean. lol
Just want to comment on this, my very old now original post, that voiced some trepidation on my first TC mod- The Evic TC mod. I now have two of these and they are wonderful devices that I use every day. I have liked very much using the SMOK TCT tank on these with nickel coils. The flavor is very good and the battery life with the 5000 mah battery is most impressive. Once becoming accumstomed to operation of the menu using the top mounted thumb switch I find that it quickly became second nature to easily adjust. I almost hate the somewhat inconvenient three button mode of my other mods.The price of the Evic TC body is now available for $43 at a couple of vendors and I would highly recommend getting one of these very comfortable to use devices. I don't feel that you will regret it.

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Me too, It's not working like it should/advertised.
I don't use kanthal anymore, I'm allergic for ni200,the main reason I bought the VT was the availability of Ti settings on the device, pity that just just the settings of Ti are not right and with no chance for a upgrade (big bummer).
I think JT must give us a solution, I'm getting bored used as a beta tester when I buy a new released device, I paid 80 euro for it (only the mod) may I aspect it works like advertised ?

@JeremyR
I don't know how long you've been vaping but its always been this way. Unless you get older, ironed, tech and spend hundreds of dollars.
It's something you get used to in this newer and growing industry.

I'm aware of that but It's not that we must accept or get used to it, I want to rely on the specs and possibility's a device can handle as advertised if not It's a problem for the manufacturer and not for the buyers, do your homework I want to say to them before releasing.
Try vaping Ti at the Ni setting and adjust the temp setting to your liking. It works quite well for me.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
My VT is F07004. Doesn't show firmware with the 20 clicks. Latest software but somehow the temp still doesn't read properly... on my vaporshark rDNA40 it is 0.09, on the VT it initially shows 0.09 then drops to 0.07. To get the vape at 450F @25w with the vaporshark, i've to bump the temp on my VT to about 520F @ the lowest 30w. This is a huge bummer for me...

Using a goblin mini RTA. Very secure coils, ohm reader reads 0.09 resistance.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
My VT is F07004. Doesn't show firmware with the 20 clicks. Latest software but somehow the temp still doesn't read properly... on my vaporshark rDNA40 it is 0.09, on the VT it initially shows 0.09 then drops to 0.07. To get the vape at 450F @25w with the vaporshark, i've to bump the temp on my VT to about 520F @ the lowest 30w. This is a huge bummer for me...

Using a goblin mini RTA. Very secure coils, ohm reader reads 0.09 resistance.

Ok, but does it vape nicely? I never have expected perfect temp accuracy out of my evics. Who knows what grade of Ni or Ti they used to set up the tcr values.

If it bothers you a lot that the temp doesn't read perfect and the res isn't accurate to the .xxx, I would suggest buying a tc mod with a tcr adjustment. It's going to cost you more than $45 US and won't have a 4800mah battery; probably won't look as sexy either... l:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread