Official ProVari Radius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A judge in California decided on Wednesday that the vaper bears no responsibility whatsoever, the whole burden is on the manufacturer, wholesaler, importer and retailer... awarded her 1.9 million.

A previous ruling put Puresmoker out of business a couple years ago... same decision... ya can't put the responsibility on the consumer to know better. Product safety is the responsibility of those in the design and income stream, NOT the less sophisticated end user.

Consumers have a right to believe the manufacturer and retailer has made decisions that lead to a safe consumer product.
I wouldn't trust the average consumer to know they should put their shoes on one at a time.
My son's teenage friend came over one day w/a sigelei 100 and some Chinese flashlight batteries his Mom bought for him. :facepalm:
Fortunately my son knew he needed guidance.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
In the current chase for more watts and lower resistance, some have labeled lower wattage and higher ohm setups as "beginner". As much as I've enjoyed the variety of options that are available, I remain completely satisfied below 10 watts using coils well over 1.5 ohms. I am confident that ProVape and the Radius will continue to support people who vape primarily to stop smoking at lower power levels.

I am thankful that a new ProVape quality device will be brought out that accommodates a "beginner" like me. I need new toys to chase!

I will be one of the few (by many of this threads participants) who will get a Radius who could care less if it has more than 20 watts. I will get the Radius because:

1. It's a Provari
2. Because it's a Provari my safety was their number 1 consideration
3. It's a Provari

Nuff said.......

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The judge is an idiot, I can't use the word I want but you know where I'm going

I am sick of seeing that foolishness, nannystate doodoo! What happened to personal responsibility??? Its not the cars fault that I got in a wreck, or pushed it past its limits
The world is full of idiots.
Judges are not exempt, perhaps some might say even prone to it.
It is an unfortunate fact of life we are forced to live with.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was waiting for the car comment!
CARS ARE LARGELY EXEMPT from many product liability issues because the driver must PROVE they are able to drive them before they are allowed on the road and EVERY car manufactured that is sold in this country has been fully scrutinized for safety in design before being allowed to be sold in the country... MANY euro cars are not street legal in this country for that very reason, and there are auto makers in India and Asia that have not been able to pass underwriting for sale to our USA consumers.

In most states, proof of insurance is also required.

IF you crash the car... you ARE responsible for your actions unless there is a massive system failure that can be proven by an engineers report.

NOW, if you want to pass a test before vaping, I'm sure the FDA would just LOVE being able to license us to vape.
I wish this never would have been brought up.
Now the Antz are going to want me to take a test; get a permit and a $1m Umbrella to my Liability Policy in order to vape!

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I wish this never would have been brought up.
Now the Antz are going to want me to take a test; get a permit and an $1m Umbrella to my Liability Policy in order to vape!

Yep. And don't even THINK about trying to open a Lemonade Stand now.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Again I have a fundamental disagreement with the concept, before I buy anything, I make sure I know what dangers are involved. PV, power tool, firearm, bow and arrow..
before I bought my first mod, I spoke to real life humans, multiple humans to make sure person 'a' wasn't just trying to sell me something.
I didn't even think to look online, so I found real people to talk to..... why? Because I had no clue what it was or what I was doing, and because I believe firmly in knowing what I'm doing before I do it, and because I believe in personal responsibility.
You sir are the exception rather than the rule in the world of typical consumers.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think the actual law disagrees.....

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Product+Liability

Basically, if the damage is caused by the consumer ignoring the warnings of the manufacturer that use of the wrong battery could cause damage/harm, the law is written that liability is then on the consumer.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping
Apparently it doesn't matter what the law was intended to mean anymore.
Interpretation to one's own satisfaction &/or legislating from the bench is the norm.
Hence my previous statement regarding judges.
Recent verdicts reflect the realities

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You are right that many consumers don't have access to all of the knowledge...and here is where, and the only place where I believe some responsibility falls on the retailer and manufacturer-- they have the responsibility to have safety guidelines printed in documentation with the product, and retailers should also emphasize that.

But... There needs to be a point where common sense prevails. Point is, judges are automagically ruling in favor of the idiots for no other reason than vaping is under attack. Period. Think I'm just trying to argue? Boil some water and make a cup of tea, now chug it immediately after it comes off the stove. When you get burned, try and sue Home Depot for selli you the stove, sue Williams-Sonoma for selling you the tea kettle, sue AllClad for making the tea kettle, sue Lipton for making the tea bag, sue Amana for making the stove, sue Columbia gas for powering the stove, sue the city for providing the water and tell me how many of those would be liable for wha happened to you.
Ask McDonald's about the lady w/the burnt thighs.

Reactions: AstroTurf

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Perhaps, but any judge that doesn't follow the law due to bias, needs to be removed from his/her position

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping
Agreed! But that is a difficult and rare occurrence.

chanara

Moved On
Aug 10, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New identity of previously banned member

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
That's my point, and before I get throttled by the general populous, I realize most DO NOT agree with me.
But if the government and the nanny state let off and let nature take its course, there would be many more people practicing personal responsibility......darwinism
Maybe eVolv could

Maybe eVolv should hope for just that...

Then they could name their 200 watt board the Darwin.

Zinga!!!

Last edited:

chanara

Moved On
Aug 10, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know anything about the lawsuit that was mentioned here. I do know not to jump to conclusions when it comes to lawsuits.
Take in point the famous McDonald's spilled coffee lawsuit.
I'm sure most here has heard of it, and all the jokes and put downs this poor lady went through. The good old news media basically said this women was driving and spilled her coffee, got burnt, and sued :?:
People were outraged over this.
Truth of what happened never seemed to make the news.
The women's name was 79 yr old Stella Liebeck, who was a passenger not the driver, in a parked car. Liebeck placed the cup between her knees and attempted to remove the plastic lid from the styrofoam cup so she could add cream and sugar to her coffee.
McDonalds held its coffee at between 180 and 190 degrees fahrenheit. Most places sell coffee and coffee served at home around 135 to 140 degrees, burn hazard exists with any food substance served at 140 degrees or above.
The sweatpants Liebeck was wearing absorbed the coffee and held it next to her skin. A vascular surgeon determined that Liebeck suffered full thickness burns (or third-degree burns) over 6 percent of her body, including her inner thighs, perineum, buttocks, and genital and groin areas. She was hospitalized for eight days, during which time she underwent skin grafting. Liebeck, who also underwent debridement treatments, sought to settle her claim for $20,000, but McDonalds refused.
There were 700 other claims by people burned by their coffee between 1982 and 1992. Some claims involved third-degree burns substantially similar to Liebecks.
So McDonald's knew about the risk. :?:

The truth is a pretty good read,
The Actual Facts about the Mcdonalds' Coffee Case
But my point is, unless you know all the honest true facts, don't judge a lawsuit from what the media tells you.
That is not only interesting but definitely underreported.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's my point, and before I get throttled by the general populous, I realize most DO NOT agree with me.
But if the government and the nanny state let off and let nature take its course, there would be many more people practicing personal responsibility. Not to mention alot of money saved, possibly enough to fix the economy and overpopulation problems.....darwinism
"if" being the key word in your statement.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In order to get back on topic.
The fact that it is over 30 watts prevents me from having to lie to myself about not buying one from now until the launch.
40 would be plenty and 50 would leave plenty of headroom.
My raffle entry is 40 for the win!
I don't think ProVape will push it to 50.

chanara

Moved On
Aug 10, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
In order to get back on topic.
The fact that it is over 30 watts prevents me from having to lie to myself about not buying one from now until the launch.
40 would be plenty and 50 would leave plenty of headroom.
My raffle entry is 40 for the win!
I don't think ProVape will push it to 50.
If it was up to me, I would go with a odd number, just to be different and throw people off ;)
Like a 47 watt box :?:
Or better yet, a 69 watt box :blink:
The Box that's made for 69, the name sales itself :facepalm:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If it was up to me, I would go with a odd number, just to be different and throw people off ;)
Like a 47 watt box :?:
Or better yet, a 69 watt box :blink:
The Box that's made for 69, the name sales itself :facepalm:

:thumbs::lol::laugh::banana::nun::blush:

Dr. Tranny

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Tacoma, WA
Zen, I'm totally in your corner here about safety and dumbing devices down to protect us all from the idiocy of the lowest common denominator, but when you make statements like "And my eyes tell me it can't fit two batteries... so, that's just really not going to happen," I gotta wonder what's actually going on in your head. I know you've seen the pictures Nick Green took after he pried the cover off the iStick 50 he dropped in the ocean. The "lipo pack" in that mod is nothing more than two 18650s hard-wired together. The mod itself is literally the exact size of a plastic 2-cell battery case, and manages to incorporate not only a dual 18650 setup, but also a USB charge port, along with the chip, screen, connectors, etc. If Joyetech can make that work, there is no reason whatsoever that Provape can't.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Good point! That is a very compact 50 watt device!

zvNEsSzp_94ec91zdtAbINa1rRmigQL6Qn2c5NpKaXE.jpg

LOL...JUST MESSING WITH YA.
You know, stirring the pot, for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread