Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Where did you get those awesome stands?? I'm not having any luck...looks like my Google-Fu is weak. :unsure:

Yes, I did get them from J-Wraps. But I had to ask them to make the stands to fit 2 Radius mods as at the time (don't know if they've listed it since) they didn't list a stand with that configuration. They were most accommodating and charged the same price as the other Radius stands.

lizziebith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Austin, TX
Yes, I did get them from J-Wraps. But I had to ask them to make the stands to fit 2 Radius mods as at the time (don't know if they've listed it since) they didn't list a stand with that configuration. They were most accommodating and charged the same price as the other Radius stands.

And now THAT mystery has been solved as well! Thank you!! :D

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
It's here! :w00t:

PurpleRadius.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Anyone with a custom Radius with coloured steel have wear problems yet?

I met someone yesterday that had a Radius with the copper coloured metal and the bottom was wearing like crazy. Not peeling, just wearing off. Pretty brutal for a $300 mod IMO.

Personally, I have a stealth Radius and after a few months of heavy use it is like new. Maybe the black wears better than the other colours?

Just curious....

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Anyone with a custom Radius with coloured steel have wear problems yet?

I met someone yesterday that had a Radius with the copper coloured metal and the bottom was wearing like crazy. Not peeling, just wearing off. Pretty brutal for a $300 mod IMO.

Personally, I have a stealth Radius and after a few months of heavy use it is like new. Maybe the black wears better than the other colours?

Just curious....

Agreed. I have an Onyx that arrived in Nov 15 and a Stealth that came in Feb 16. Both are showing absolutely No signs of external wear at all.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

Mommay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Arkansas
I have been toying with the purchase of one with the bronze finish, but have held off they only have the vapor deposition coating (that's what the graphite grey has, too). The stealth version is a vapor deposition coating with hard ceramic coating over that, making it more durable. I'm not hard on my gear, but accidents happen. I know very little about the coating processes, so I'm still on the fence with ordering.

Reactions: AstroTurf

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I have been toying with the purchase of one with the bronze finish, but have held off they only have the vapor deposition coating (that's what the graphite grey has, too). The stealth version is a vapor deposition coating with hard ceramic coating over that, making it more durable. I'm not hard on my gear, but accidents happen. I know very little about the coating processes, so I'm still on the fence with ordering.
The stealth might be the better option. I ordered one of the bronze finish models about two months ago and I'm already seeing a little bit of wear on the bottom edges. I am very easy on my gear, the mod has always been set on wood or laminate surfaces and I don't use it very much at all because I still love my P3 and 2.5 minis. Still, it's showing some scuff marks and the finish is wearing off. I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

I wish Jwraps or somebody made a clear wrap that fit the bottom of the Radius only that would protect against the scuff marks but not cover any of the mod's facing.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
The stealth might be the better option. I ordered one of the bronze finish models about two months ago and I'm already seeing a little bit of wear on the bottom edges. I am very easy on my gear, the mod has always been set on wood or laminate surfaces and I don't use it very much at all because I still love my P3 and 2.5 minis. Still, it's showing some scuff marks and the finish is wearing off. I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.
I have not seen that kind of wear with my Bronze Radius...

Perhaps you should drop a line to ProVape?

Jim

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I have not seen that kind of wear with my Bronze Radius...

Perhaps you should drop a line to ProVape?

Jim
I don't know, ya think I should? I think you've had yours a bit longer than me, but I'm not sure if this would be considered normal wear and tear.

Here it is, what do you think:
iuUi560.jpg

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I don't know, ya think I should? I think you've had yours a bit longer than me, but I'm not sure if this would be considered normal wear and tear.

iuUi560.jpg

That is really hard to say.

I think I would drop them a line (include the pic) and ask what they think.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com

iuUi560.jpg
Get better lighting too, a more white light if you can.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
My stealth Radius is my main mod. It has been banged around with change in my truck drink holder, thrown around by baggage handlers at least 10 times in my suitcase, in my pockets, laptop bag, you name it. It is still 100% as new after 4 months of use.

The stealth metal is obviously finished differently than some of the others as I have seen a few (pics and in person) of the copper coloured metal with moderate to really bad wear. Doesn't bug me anyways as it is a tool to keep me off the butts, not a fragile piece of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread