Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
The Cabernet is stunning... MUST have

Unless I'm missing something, what are you vaping Zen? You reach the 20A maximum at 3.3V @ 60W. On a full charge, you can pull even more wattage without hitting the 20A maximum. All depends on your buck/boost circuit's ability to step-up voltage. So, if you're talking about 50% CDR, and ProVape cuts off at 3.3V battery voltage, the Radius would be limited to 30W. Since it's "more than 30W", they're not sticking with 50% CDR, unlesss they roll off maximum wattage as the cell drains, which is entirely possible.

I'm sorry, I just have to do this... I tried so hard to not comment on this... I really did... People just HAVE to stop using Ohms Law until they actually understand it... When you can tell me, or anybody else for that matter, how 3.3 x 20 = 60, then you can MAYBE get me to take your question seriously.

That being said, without knowing how much current the circuit requires to actually DO what it's doing then you have no way of using those numbers to calculate a single thing.

EVERY person that feels that by knowing Ohms Law they can calculate what a regulated device is going to do, under load, knowing ONLY the Amp limit of the battery and any one other factor is simply coming in here and broadcasting to the world that they SO LITTLE about electronics that they should head to the community college for a refresher course. Seriously...

ProVape has some of the most talented engineers working in the vaping industry... period. When you look at the new Radius pictures it is abundantly clear they have a design team that is second to NONE in this industry. What I see when I look at this device is so many talented people, in a WIDE variety of disciplines have come together and created a device that is far beyond anything that has come to market thus far. Do you KNOW how hard it is to design for injection molding Polycarbonate? The fit and finish on this device appears to be absolutely stellar.

People cry from the mountain tops calling for innovation... and when they get stuff that looks like it came from a high school wood shop they herald the creators as artists and geniuses... then ProVape does this.... and makes them all look like complete amateurs.

I don't know what they will release as power in the device, I'm speculating like the rest of us in here, but I DO know that THEY know more about what they are doing than ANY of the arm-chair engineers in this thread.

LOOK AT THE RADIUS....

From an industrial design point of view, does it actually HAVE a peer?

50% CDR, 30% CDR... I'm making educated guesses... who knows...

But I do know 3.3 x 20 isn't 60.

chanara

Moved On
Aug 10, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New identity of previously banned member

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
If I win the contest I won't accept delivery of the package, what they do with it is up to them.
I won't have anything to do with something based in hypocrisy.

Wait? What??? I just have to ask. What on earth do you believe Provape has done here that is based on hypocrisy? I really want to know.

Last edited:

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
I do not think for a minute that ProVape would (nor should they) trust a user to properly manage two batteries.
So you're basically saying vapers are completely ......ed, without exception? And what about all the vapers who use dual 18650 devices and have been managing their batts just fine? They've all been doing it wrong? Is Provape the only company on earth that knows how to properly manage batteries? Is that what you're saying by insulting every dual 18650 user?

Reactions: AstroTurf

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Me too - and I think I'm going to really like every single one of them!
Ditto....would it be so wrong to secretly wish for a glow in the dark option, though? I've kind of been coveting a GloVari, this would give me the best of both worlds....lol....but I DO think a deep aubergine Radius would be simply stunning.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Love it! Maybe we should consider a portion of each Radius purchase goes toward 'lab-animal' rehabilitation.

For those wondering, the contest is still going until the 16th and on Friday this week we will have a surprise related to the contest.

Model - What we call it around here or to others, colors :)

This is the Cabernet Red - The actual device is darker, more like the name. Studio lights are good at changing colors.

Tidbit of the day - The Radius uses one 18650 cell, which will be included and it can be swapped out in less than 40 seconds.

More updates soon.....

ECF6.jpg

ECF7.jpg

ECF8.jpg
Ima buy a red one, Ima buy a red one...

Then a black one, and a brown one, and a yellow one, and a orange one, and a pink one, and a blue one, and last but not least... A Titanium One!!!

LOLz, Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area

They a black one, and a brown one, and a yellow one, and a orange one, and a pink one, and a blue one, and last but not least... A Titanium One!!!

LOLz, Jim

Ooooh, I could get on board with a pink one. It would look a little funny amidst all of the purple, but it would be fitting since its a Provari, and they stand out anyways,

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Me, too...I can see that in a deep, dark almost eggplant color....wiping drool off of my chin again!

Something like this or darker?

Radius_purple.jpg

I should probably ask ProVape if it annoys them when I post colors they choose not or cannot offer.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

They a black one, and a brown one, and a yellow one, and a orange one, and a pink one, and a blue one, and last but not least... A Titanium One!!!

LOLz, Jim

Jim, I just don't know when I've seen you this excited! No I don't, but I kinda' like it!

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
And of course you're correct... plus, even though the instructions will explicitly say a hamster is required for safe operation, some people will flirt with disaster and shove a gerbil in there, or a field mouse... heck I would not be surprised to see a genetically modified guinea pig. The manufacturers recommendations are generally ignored once people learn 4% of the math required to make safe engineering decisions.

The device has been designed, The pictures have been posted... there isn't room for dual batteries, it's not going to be 75 watts. ProVape doesn't want your children any more than you do.
I need to stop reading this thread while hiding in the bathroom vaping at work laughing my [emoji33] off...I'm running out of excuses.

[emoji8] Zen

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Something like this or darker?

Radius_purple.jpg

I should probably ask ProVape if it annoys them when I post colors they choose not or cannot offer.

Slap that bad boy in a box, take my money and send it to me. Yes, please send it to me!

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
So you're basically saying vapers are completely ......ed, without exception? And what about all the vapers who use dual 18650 devices and have been managing their batts just fine? They've all been doing it wrong? Is Provape the only company on earth that knows how to properly manage batteries? Is that what you're saying by insulting every dual 18650 user?
Yes!!!

Every Single One!!!

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY

To quote an earlier post I made... I believe I am complimenting the design choices that a good engineer makes, Not insulting the smartest people in the thread... only the dumbest friends of their dumbest friend.

I suppose I could turn this around and ask you... So you're basically saying all vapers are completely competent, without exception?

Look into your vast inventory of friends... now look past that at THEIR associates... A great engineer designs their devices for the DUMBEST friend of the DUMBEST guy you know. You can bet your life that they will think twice about trusting people to manage multiple cells.

A designer CANNOT assume everybody will be able to follow instructions. QUITE to the contrary, they have to assume NOBODY will. The device must do the work, otherwise we have people making safety decisions that think 3.3 x 20 = 60...

I'm still shaking my head over that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread