Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I'm not really feeling the single coil deck, but maybe I just haven't got it right yet. Airflow is too tight for me even though it's more than on my subtank mini. Ego one mega may have a little more airflow.

Raise the coil another 2mm it will improve the airflow tremendously.

Reactions: Vapin Dave

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
Raise the coil another 2mm it will improve the airflow tremendously.
yeah I was just about to comment saying I tried that yesterday and it greatly improved my opinion of the single coil deck. its pretty awesome and if i lost my cthulhu v2 tomorrow I would DEFINITELY buy another one asap.

Reactions: 52anddone

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
yeah I was just about to comment saying I tried that yesterday and it greatly improved my opinion of the single coil deck. its pretty awesome and if i lost my cthulhu v2 tomorrow I would DEFINITELY buy another one asap.

Exactly when I got the cthulhu v2 , I wasn't exactly impressed with the single coil deck. Once I raised the coil a little I was super impressed with it. It is amazing how a simple little adjustment can make such a huge difference.

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
I'm really liking the single coil deck :) I tried the dual but it leaves a gap between the juice control ring and the tank section? I'm I doing something wrong?
I'm happy with it in single coil mode it has good flavour and vapour production :)
there is a tiny gap in mine, but its barely noticeable. i removed my juice flow control ring as well if that has anything to do with it

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
there is a tiny gap in mine, but its barely noticeable. i removed my juice flow control ring as well if that has anything to do with it

Funny thing is, it's not there with the single coil deck. Well it is but so small it's not an issue.
With the dual coil deck it quite large and it bothers Me!

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have scanned over this since the preorder started. Since yall are talking about the single deck, do any of you have a tfv4? If so how do the decks compare. I have put up to a 5mm coil spaced in my tfv 4 playing around, so the deck is huge. I am considering ordering the cthulhu as my next rta. I do have a zephyrus as mentioned earlier but I have been using ni lately and is is really tight to build. Anyway just looking for a mental image of the difference between the tfv4 and the cthulhu single decks.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
sorry cant help you there, the one thing keeping me from buying a tfv4 is the dual coil head looks like a pain to build on.
I never ordered the DC head, since the single works well. I was a little worried it would be like the zephyrus. If the tfv4 kit came with it my opinion may be different but spending extra money on it feels unnecessary.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I mean mine is REALLY tiny though, like a human hair tiny

I must be doing something wrong. I,m going to give the dual deck another shot.
Like I said before it's really good in single deck mode :) I have a .17 Ni build on it and it Rocks :)
HTR The single deck is about the same size as a KF V4 I don't have a TFv4 yet :(
Actually plenty of room with both decks, not like the Zephyers it's tiny :(

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Yeah, the Zephyrus is small but man it is a really really good vape when you get it right like it rivals my velocity
It Sure Dose! I have dual Ti coils in mine. Definitely one of my favourite tanks :)
I tried my dual deck again and the gap is still there :( I don't get why?
It looks like my V2 is destine to be a single coil, not really a bad thing :)

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
It Sure Dose! I have dual Ti coils in mine. Definitely one of my favourite tanks :)
I tried my dual deck again and the gap is still there :( I don't get why?
It looks like my V2 is destine to be a single coil, not really a bad thing :)

did you try it with the inner juice flow control removed? i had that gap also and removed the inner ring and no more gap and no leaks. it doesn`t make sense but it works! :toast:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Steamer, I had the same issue and it was because I had the juice flow opened to far. It's strange but the control ring will back out so far it will not sit flush. I don't use the controller so I set it and forget it, it's always wide open but not so far that it creates the gap. On my dual deck it looks like the base and is a littler thicker.

But I would also have to agree that the single coil produces a great vape, it's in mine right now.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Steamer, I had the same issue and it was because I had the juice flow opened to far. It's strange but the control ring will back out so far it will not sit flush. I don't use the controller so I set it and forget it, it's always wide open but not so far that it creates the gap. On my dual deck it looks like the base and is a littler thicker.

But I would also have to agree that the single coil produces a great vape, it's in mine right now.

Wow ! Good find Marc, Thanks for sharing. :thumb: IDNK

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

Is wide open turning the ring clock wise or counter Clock wise? Holding the atty straight up and down like it would sit on a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread