GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #119..for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
11/27 #6
I guess I am one of the latter class. I have dropped my iStick30 out of my shirt pocket onto grass, gravel, and a concrete floor - MANY times - and neither the mod nor the glass tank broke (AMAZING! Protank-IIs are glass all the way around with no steel covering). I have a couple tiny scratches on my istick TC40W when it bounced off the concrete shop floor, but neither of them has any functional damage. The SXmini got dropped in the horse barn and the cow barn and the only damage was crap in the mouthpiece. :)
I've been lucky with my iSticks as well. I've only ever dropped my iStick 50W once--it caught the edge of our welcome mat and then bounced on the concrete when I was getting the mail one day. But I have heard from other people on ECF on how their devices had a top plate pop off or the side get dented from a fall. I'm not trying to knock iSticks at all--but if I had to wager on which would survive a fall, an iStick or an Innokin product, I'd bet on the Innokin device every time. The PM I sent to teemae was for the eGo ONE Mega for $29.40.

I'm gonna retire for the evening now. Good night, Treefam!

MountainFog.jpg

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
11/27 #6
I had to wager on which would survive a fall, an iStick or an Innokin product--I'd bet on the Innokin device every time.
Oh, I agree with you. Just looking at the two, side by side, it seems fairly obvious the metal on the Innokin is thicker, therefore logic dictates it should survive more abuse. I do not, however, know about the inside. What is the sturdiness and quality of the circuit boards, battery connections, etc., etc.? I ask this because I have had some instruments (not vaping gear) that were good solid steel, but when dropped from only 3 feet, ceased to function because of crappy circuit boards inside, yet others, made of plastic, that we threw off the roof (ISO 9001 testing) that looked like crap afterward and still functioned perfectly. All I am saying is that, without good QC data on all the available mods, we cannot know which one will take more abuse.

Well, folks, I'm gonna wrap it up for the night. See y'all tomorrow. Hogs & Quiches...

6 Mt Hood.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
PLEASE NOTE:

Unless "We" hear different from "The Man Himself" - "GMO" . . .

Just as a reminder this WEEK's CONTEST # 119 will end sometime between Midnight and at 12 NOON CST (1 PM EST - 9 AM PST)on Saturday . . .

the_end.gif

At that time . . . "GMO" :thumb: - Or "Uncle" :facepalm: . . . will be using Random . org to select a Winner for WEEK # 119 from this week's entries . . .

Just before this Contest/Thread is Closed and a NEW Contest # 120 will be Started/Opened . . . :thumbs:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
11/27 #5

I just watched the worst tree lighting ceremony ever...........This is not going to be a festive season.....
And with people smoking while using oxygen around here....setting themselves on fire and setting off the alarm...while their apartment burns around them....doesn't make for a good morning....just saying....
decomaiso.gif

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
(why do they call it "black" anyway?).

From what I understand and remember . . . Because in business accounting, if they sell enough today (and the rest of this month - which is also the last quarter of the year too) they will finally be in the "Black" (make a profit - assets) for the year compared to still being in the "Red" (more expenses then they brought in - liabilities) . . . SO - The term "Black Friday" was marketed as the biggest sale day of the year to start the process of bringing a business into the "Black" . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Yes Thanks you Uncle.....all is well for now.....still smells a little...but it's good............

As long as "You" are okay "Sweet Lady" . . . :wub:

I am drained..............

BTW: SO DITTO ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Other than that not much else to say that hasn't been said already by others . . .

So - Here is "My" usual last post of the night . . .:D

Okay - It's that time again . . . ;)

For "Everyone" In NEED . . .

"GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts"

. . . are being sent "Your" Way

Once again - For all of the 'Tree-Peeps" already gone to bed and those about to go . . .

Hope Ya' have very restful night and pleasant dreams . . .

th_smiliesleeping.gif

Okay - I'm done for the Day . . .
putertired.gif

It's . . .
bedtime.gif

AND - I'm off . . .
gotobed.gif

Good "MoringNite" All - See Ya' Tomorrow . . .

nighttree.gif

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
From what I understand and remember . . . Because in business accounting, if they sell enough today (and the rest of this month - which is also the last quarter of the year too) they will finally be in the "Black" (make a profit - assets) for the year compared to still being in the "Red" (more expenses then they brought in - liabilities) . . . SO - The term "Black Friday" was marketed as the biggest sale day of the year to start the process of bringing a business into the "Black" . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Other than that not much else to say that hasn't been said already by others . . .

So - Here is "My" usual last post of the night . . .:D

Okay - It's that time again . . . ;)

For "Everyone" In NEED . . .

"GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts"

. . . are being sent "Your" Way

Once again - For all of the 'Tree-Peeps" already gone to bed and those about to go . . .

Hope Ya' have very restful night and pleasant dreams . . .

th_smiliesleeping.gif

Okay - I'm done for the Day . . .
putertired.gif

It's . . .
bedtime.gif

AND - I'm off . . .
gotobed.gif

Good "MoringNite" All - See Ya' Tomorrow . . .

nighttree.gif

Well, I have to say I helped no one this year. Not one purchase...

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am fine Uncle.........A little rest and I shall be better.....Thank you....
Everyone/Anyone..................FYI I probably won't be up early tomorrow....I doubt I will anyway....so if someone can post the new thread in here before it's closed...and maybe the home thread & contest too..........
Thank you all and good night.............

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
11/28

Sounds like there was a bit of excitement around your area Blue - hope it's all done and you can get some rest.
Thanks Mac.....it was early this morning and all is fine now.....just had to leave the property till the cleared the smoke...so I didn't get back till noonish............
Ec9H6HlET1uW0_zftLruzZUdY-W-p_J99G9mykUyt4FZ5uBLBNHv1uL_asfEwVAl6hEuq_xZbXI5cJGE_DGHGeU36QEVAWhyJvj2B1S08GFDun9qnjlbibJXJOIvlDn_qpxcyq_1yxc4qNmKvOuSEWOhZSJNM40zpb37Q7ZQMsoVUwSGTTPgJjRK6vBI5EZGekls7zsInnUhrE_z-1uYUtUYHREuFA_bdSNjZZ8GprJa-0QZQmS1RoUR-ViBq7kqM8HxLofIIeogBYE81StuZ34buvOMjwXpyVd56bUZkB9YMYcDodrDsxmAsWWV7GLtxb96vM6oqZkbd55KpTZ8xMmZ52sS_Nfi5ueP7hvUBf4ylw1jtmW9nLg3n0WEDZ8kY9C3xuMR-lykAAxnlyVoo-vhMoHFGFOi75UoViVfCnXLTb6o5k7fucaTqJ26r127pIFkXGhgWj5PVw3erK2m1CmxxmkqttFoHrhQnx6KCswDchokTgofo9SdVJS4o54BA8lbXHqf4EcI-vU6PGTbkOgwh2KqsSdEVXD9KecKn2U=w838-h628-no

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thanks Mac.....it was early this morning and all is fine now.....just had to leave the property till the cleared the smoke...so I didn't get back till noonish............
Ec9H6HlET1uW0_zftLruzZUdY-W-p_J99G9mykUyt4FZ5uBLBNHv1uL_asfEwVAl6hEuq_xZbXI5cJGE_DGHGeU36QEVAWhyJvj2B1S08GFDun9qnjlbibJXJOIvlDn_qpxcyq_1yxc4qNmKvOuSEWOhZSJNM40zpb37Q7ZQMsoVUwSGTTPgJjRK6vBI5EZGekls7zsInnUhrE_z-1uYUtUYHREuFA_bdSNjZZ8GprJa-0QZQmS1RoUR-ViBq7kqM8HxLofIIeogBYE81StuZ34buvOMjwXpyVd56bUZkB9YMYcDodrDsxmAsWWV7GLtxb96vM6oqZkbd55KpTZ8xMmZ52sS_Nfi5ueP7hvUBf4ylw1jtmW9nLg3n0WEDZ8kY9C3xuMR-lykAAxnlyVoo-vhMoHFGFOi75UoViVfCnXLTb6o5k7fucaTqJ26r127pIFkXGhgWj5PVw3erK2m1CmxxmkqttFoHrhQnx6KCswDchokTgofo9SdVJS4o54BA8lbXHqf4EcI-vU6PGTbkOgwh2KqsSdEVXD9KecKn2U=w838-h628-no

11/28

That sucks. Hope they had someplace for you til you could go back.
Time to stretch out and if I'm lucky get a little nap.

png_tree_8_by_paradise234-d5hfi67.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread