Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I got hypnotise by the great white ghost of provape.........

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hypnotize.gif

dranked%20purr_blue.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
It's really cute but I know I'd break a glass drip tip within a week.

They aren't as fragile as they look. The glass of many of them is thicker than what most tanks are made of. I have lots of them and have only broken one. It didn't shatter, it snapped off at the base. They are pricey though, I bought almost all of mine on sale or off the classies.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Just curious if anyone else has this issue. I have been making my coils for the past few years. But I see people say they can get weeks or months out of them. Dry burn re wick and back to work. But I find that after a coil gets dirty and I clean it it tends to get dirty even faster. I can use a fresh new one for two maybe three days. Clean in nice and pretty and it is dirty again within a day. I find myself putting on a new coil a few times a week. I have a few tanks in rotation but one has my adv in it. That is the one that is the worst cause I use it the most. Is this just me? Am I doing something wrong? I have gotten to where I make a few coils and keep them handy so I don't have to wrap one every time I have to change them out. Lol

Reactions: kas122461

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Hi guys! I am new to vaping world and just ordered Provari Radius and Kabuki P3 tank from official web site. There are tons of information out there, so I am a bit confused. What else do I need to order? I understand that I need coils (what kind of coils?) and e-liquid juice. What are the best juice brands? Do I need anything else to begin with? Some maintenance or cleaning supplies? Thanks for your help.
There are so many Web sites it is crazy. There are sales all over and coupon codes that can be found for sites that you can get coils from. Most sites have the nautilus coils. Just shop around for the best price. I personally am a little envious that you are starting off with such a good set up. I am sure you will really enjoy it once you find the liquid and strength that works best for you. Congratulations!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Just curious if anyone else has this issue. I have been making my coils for the past few years. But I see people say they can get weeks or months out of them. Dry burn re wick and back to work. But I find that after a coil gets dirty and I clean it it tends to get dirty even faster. I can use a fresh new one for two maybe three days. Clean in nice and pretty and it is dirty again within a day. I find myself putting on a new coil a few times a week. I have a few tanks in rotation but one has my adv in it. That is the one that is the worst cause I use it the most. Is this just me? Am I doing something wrong? I have gotten to where I make a few coils and keep them handy so I don't have to wrap one every time I have to change them out. Lol

I wouldn't say mine are pristine, I go by how they taste, not how they look. The screws on my decks are gunky too, but I can't get them really clean. It's like trying to clean an oven with water and a toothbrush. I recently read that the green way to clean an oven is to use vinegar and baking soda, so I'm going to try soaking the base in that next. Soaking in alcohol had no effect.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I wrap coils, but not as a hobby. If you take care of the coils they last a very long time. The one in my Rüzgar RTA is over a year old. I dry burn and rewick with rayon about once a week (my juice is clear, so it doesn't gunk up very much). I also built it with long tails, so a couple of times I have removed the whole coil from the deck, cleaned it and put it back on. I was careful and the resistance didn't change. You don't even have to wrap coils if you don't want to, there are vendors that sell pre-wrapped coils. I don't sub-ohm, my coils are around 1.5Ω.

I'm not saying it will be better than what you like now, but, for me, the Rüzgar is my favorite. I'm still on the fence with the Kabuki. I like the tank, it's small and doesn't leak (seriously!), but not sure about the Nautilus heads. I prefer rayon to cotton and can taste the difference.
Keep trying the Kabuki, it sound really user friendly as long as the Nautilus stuff is available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicshalls

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I wouldn't say mine are pristine, I go by how they taste, not how they look. The screws on my decks are gunky too, but I can't get them really clean. It's like trying to clean an oven with water and a toothbrush. I recently read that the green way to clean an oven is to use vinegar and baking soda, so I'm going to try soaking the base in that next. Soaking in alcohol had no effect.
Huh I might try that. Just for giggles any ways. I use that for a ton of things around the house. Tried soap and water but really did not change anything.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
They aren't as fragile as they look. The glass of many of them is thicker than what most tanks are made of. I have lots of them and have only broken one. It didn't shatter, it snapped off at the base. They are pricey though, I bought almost all of mine on sale or off the classies.

If I use a glass drip tip on my Radius it will probably be okay. My tube mods I'm always knocking over and they sometimes roll off the table onto my tile floor. I'll have to keep an eye out on the classies or sales for one.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA

Sounds like you have too much coil and not enough power. If the coil doesn't get warm enough, it builds up residue a lot faster (at least, that's been my experience). Something like a 24GA coil at 12W for example, is doing it wrong. I highly recommend using a coil calculator that shows W/mm2. I use MicroCoilPro for iOS.

Reactions: Vicshalls

Ramesses

Oct 19, 2015
There are so many Web sites it is crazy. There are sales all over and coupon codes that can be found for sites that you can get coils from. Most sites have the nautilus coils. Just shop around for the best price. I personally am a little envious that you are starting off with such a good set up. I am sure you will really enjoy it once you find the liquid and strength that works best for you. Congratulations!
I think it's OK....cause me also new in this vape thingy.....my first mod is also provari radius.........and I found it quite easy to use....not that complicated. I think radius really for starter...cause you only need to set the wattage you wanna vape in.....P's... I got the kabuki tank....it taste better then the aspire nautilus...... I don't know.....maybe its just me

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I think it's OK....cause me also new in this vape thingy.....my first mod is also provari radius.........and I found it quite easy to use....not that complicated. I think radius really for starter...cause you only need to set the wattage you wanna vape in.....P's... I got the kabuki tank....it taste better then the aspire nautilus...... I don't know.....maybe its just me

kool-aid_tree-%20welcome_cherry.jpg

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Sounds like you have too much coil and not enough power. If the coil doesn't get warm enough, it builds up residue a lot faster (at least, that's been my experience). Something like a 24GA coil at 12W for example, is doing it wrong. I highly recommend using a coil calculator that shows W/mm2. I use MicroCoilPro for iOS.
I found one with the same name for Android. I like it. I think I will rebuild mine today based off this app and try them at the watts it suggests and see how that goes. Thanks for the information. Wish I had brought it up sooner since I have been on vacation all week and had the time to play with it. Lol

Reactions: JohnD0406

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Kinda a sad but good thing. My wife said I could order a radius this coming week since she will be working all kinds of crazy shifts at work. Down side is I will be missing out on all the sales that have been going on. Never fails I always miss out on the sales. Lol so hopefully in the next few weeks I will have my end all be all mod.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

You should be able to get more than 2-3 days from a coil for sure unless you are vaping a lot and have a really sweet or otherwise gunk prone juice. What diameter coil, wire, #wraps are you using? I get a couple-few months from a coil and at least a week between dry-burns and new wick. I use 28g Kanthal, 8 wraps, 2.5mm diameter with the coils spaced.

I rewick and dry burn with every tank refill (every 3ml) ... and I agree, fresh new coils do improve the vape.

It is a very gradual change ... I notice a difference after about 5-6 refills :blink:

Wow ... you have really sensitive taste buds if you're re-wicking every 3 mls. No way could I put up with dry-burns and new wick every tank. Between me and my wife I'd be re-wicking 4-6 times per day - nope!.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Wow ... you have really sensitive taste buds if you're re-wicking every 3 mls. No way could I put up with dry-burns and new wick every tank. Between me and my wife I'd be re-wicking 4-6 times per day - nope!.

I do notice a difference in taste if I top up a tank ... IMO, they just taste better with fresh wicking with every tank refill.

I use 6 of these setups daily ... therefore, on average, I am only rewicking about one tank per day.

takes about 5 minutes :cool:

6Provaris.jpg

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
You should be able to get more than 2-3 days from a coil for sure unless you are vaping a lot and have a really sweet or otherwise gunk prone juice. What diameter coil, wire, #wraps are you using? I get a couple-few months from a coil and at least a week between dry-burns and new wick. I use 28g Kanthal, 8 wraps, 2.5mm diameter with the coils spaced..
What watt are you running at? I got that app that was mentioned. Gonna give it a try. My adv is a clear ry4 that I found. I run it in an erlkonigin clone and usually do the entire tank in a day.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA

Using a torch on the screws would clean them up. It's not something that can be done a lot as it will soften the metal but it does work. I'm surprised alcohol isn't working. Are you using 99%?

Reactions: AstroTurf

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
John I just wanted to thank you. I have been re doing my coils based on the app you shared with me and wow what a difference this is making. Really appreciate your assistance and knowledge. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread