Status
Not open for further replies.

hogheadv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
iowa
Sorry I should reword what I'm asking.

Which RTA are you guys using with the cricket? All my tanks don't have pin protruding enough for me to feel safe to use on it. I have a Bellus and couple of Kayfuns.
I would definitely not use either of those on a noisy cricket. This is a series mechanical so you are going to be putting 8.4 volts minus voltage drop to the atomizer with fully charged batteries. Therefore you are going to want a tank with a protruding 510 pin and have a LOT of airflow to be able to keep the coil cool. Think of it this way if you build your kayfuns to 1 ohm on a single battery mechanical you are using ~17 watts, on a noisy cricket it will be ~70 watts.

Reactions: CCarr33

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I personally don't see the point much, but pinless-510 mechs is fine with any atties with FIXED protruding 510's, and of course as said, with series mechs you need to either have plenty of airflow or build pretty high(as in even higher than usual for series mechs)... In short, why bother with a non-optimal/suited combo, but everyone is obviously free to utilize whatever they see fit...

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I personally don't see the point much, but pinless-510 mechs is fine with any atties with FIXED protruding 510's, and of course as said, with series mechs you need to either have plenty of airflow or build pretty high(as in even higher than usual for series mechs)... In short, why bother with a non-optimal/suited combo, but everyone is obviously free to utilize whatever they see fit...

Exactly. :thumb:

Swamprats

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Alabama, USA
Vapenw has both
More thanks on suggesting vapenw, I had never heard of them. They had both for 19.95 each shipping was like five bucks regular shipping
Ordered on Friday nite and it shipped from Washington to Alabama by Monday at noon. I have never had anyone process over the weekend.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
Just got mine last night, I put in 2 new fully VTC4 charged batteries and stuck my Aeolus Lite with a 0.28 ohm setup and hit the button to take a hit and HOLY COW!! HOT HOT HOT lol it was nuts; went home and built a 0.4 setup and still crazy!! I finally made a 0.8 which i havent built so high in years but it was a perfect vape for me!

New rotation, Rx200 by Wismec/Jaybo for my Stainless Steel TC kick and all day vape, then IPVD2 with Tank for my 3 hour commute to work everyday and this Noisy Cricket for my rowdy fog my house days! lol love these 3 devices!

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
Noisy Cricket got me like...
Noisy_Cricket.jpg

Noisy_Cricket.jpg

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Just got mine last night, I put in 2 new fully VTC4 charged batteries and stuck my Aeolus Lite with a 0.28 ohm setup and hit the button to take a hit and HOLY COW!! HOT HOT HOT lol it was nuts; went home and built a 0.4 setup and still crazy!! I finally made a 0.8 which i havent built so high in years but it was a perfect vape for me!

New rotation, Rx200 by Wismec/Jaybo for my Stainless Steel TC kick and all day vape, then IPVD2 with Tank for my 3 hour commute to work everyday and this Noisy Cricket for my rowdy fog my house days! lol love these 3 devices!
I won't go lower than 0.5, @ 0.28 you're @ 30 amps, that's pushing the batteries too far. Then it's also around 250 watts one realistically cannot enjoy the Vape IMO.

I'm enjoying the Vape around 0.8,nice punch and a pleasant warm Vape.

I'm currently enjoying it @ 0.9 with 32/36 fused Clapton's on my Bellus

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CCarr33

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
I won't go lower than 0.5, @ 0.28 you're @ 30 amps, that's pushing the batteries too far. Then it's also around 250 watts one realistically cannot enjoy the Vape IMO.

I'm enjoying the Vape around 0.8,nice punch and a pleasant warm Vape.

I'm currently enjoying it @ 0.9 with 32/36 fused Clapton's on my Bellus

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Agreed, 0.28 was way to low for me even though it says it can handle 0.25 it was just nuts, i actually made a 1.1 ohm build and i felt like it "may" be my new favorite build for it.

I just bought some UD 26+32 gauge Clapton Wire 15ft., will be my first clapton's ever, looking forward to seeing what the hype is all about, and I have some 26+32 gauge 316 Stainless Steel Clapton's 15ft. on the way for my RX200 SS TC Builds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread