Noisy cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejej

Apr 23, 2016
I know I'm late to the game....

Nice and clean !
I'm rockn' my blue one just now. I have the black one as well. The coffee brown one is in the mail. :headbang:
20160316_155926-01 (360x640).jpg

Reactions: Trickydick666

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
I finally talked my friend into buying one of these. He was scared of dual 18650's in series being unregulated. He brought it to work. It was still in the plastic wrapped box. Off an on he expressed how nervous he was. I told him to use common sense and he would be fine. Keep in mind that he has a few mechs and actually preferres the simplicity. So he knows how to build. Yet he was still nervous. He comes in obviously and says that he loves it. But it hits like a beast. I told him to toss a couple of Claptons in and that should tame it as long as he is around 0.8 or higher. He follows my advice and uses his trusty rayon for the wick. He fires it up and BANG! He goes flying backwards out of his chair taking his PC with him to the floor. He frantically gets up and scrambles to remove the batteries thinking the batteries are about to cause a real scene. Come to find out, I guess his rayon had some air in it because it popped real loud and blew hot oil on his lips and face. He thought life was ending. Battery safety and knowledge is a serious matter. But he had me rolling. If he wasn't gun shy before, he is now.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I finally talked my friend into buying one of these. He was scared of dual 18650's in series being unregulated. He brought it to work. It was still in the plastic wrapped box. Off an on he expressed how nervous he was. I told him to use common sense and he would be fine. Keep in mind that he has a few mechs and actually preferres the simplicity. So he knows how to build. Yet he was still nervous. He comes in obviously and says that he loves it. But it hits like a beast. I told him to toss a couple of Claptons in and that should tame it as long as he is around 0.8 or higher. He follows my advice and uses his trusty rayon for the wick. He fires it up and BANG! He goes flying backwards out of his chair taking his PC with him to the floor. He frantically gets up and scrambles to remove the batteries thinking the batteries are about to cause a real scene. Come to find out, I guess his rayon had some air in it because it popped real loud and blew hot oil on his lips and face. He thought life was ending. Battery safety and knowledge is a serious matter. But he had me rolling. If he wasn't gun shy before, he is now.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::lol::lol:...:blush:.......:facepalm:

Love this story!

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
I was a little nervous with the one I just got so I put a pair of claptons in my Hannya at .6. Too cool. A friend has a .3 in his that I liked, so I think I'll rebuild it to a .3. My only issue is how sharp the edges are. Mine is the stainless (or brushed aluminum). I keep a pinky under my mods for balance and it's a little uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvlSmrk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
Pulaski, NY
I finally talked my friend into buying one of these. He was scared of dual 18650's in series being unregulated...If he wasn't gun shy before, he is now.

Couldn't help but actually LOL at this one. Caught some strange looks from coworkers. As long as he's aware of what can happen he should be fine. It's those that don' know any better, or don't care, that cause the issues.

I was a little nervous with the one I just got so I put a pair of claptons in my Hannya at .6. Too cool. A friend has a .3 in his that I liked, so I think I'll rebuild it to a .3. My only issue is how sharp the edges are. Mine is the stainless (or brushed aluminum). I keep a pinky under my mods for balance and it's a little uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find anything below .4 too hot to handle with this one on my Chuffed Mutation X V3. .5-.6 seem to be a nice middle ground for me so far on the Noisy Cricket. Can't even imagine how quick my draw would have to be to enjoy a .3.

For the edges, hit them with a deburring tool. In the absence of one of those, a small file or couple of swipes with some good sandpaper should set you up.

Last edited:

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
Just got one last weekend and love the thing, been using it all week paired with the indestructable and like everyone else said...it's a beast! Thinking about putting some claptons in it tonight since I see a lot of that going on but the .6 ohm dual coil I'm running is nothing but great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread