Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Mine hasn't got as much use now that I have an awesome dutch oven.

I've got a couple of those, a 5qt and a 6qt, but what I really need is a stock pot; I cook a lot of different soups, and having a taller pot to cook it in would sure help reduce splattering. But a stainless stock pot, good lord, those things are expensive!

Andria

Reactions: Amccone

Amccone

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2014
Redding, CA, USA
So update on my RY4 Billberry juice. It's been 17 days so I decided to test it with my dripper and fresh cotton wick. It's VERY good. Close to what I was after but more than good enough for me to keep as a recipe for mixing and adding to my everyday lineup!! 5% FA RY4 and 1% FA Billberry. 50/50 pg/vg. 3mg nic. I put it away for another two weeks and that will be what I hope is done steeping. The Billberry is subtle but there just as I hoped. The RY4 is slightly less powerful but hoping the next two weeks will show up more. If not I'll tweek it a percent at a time. Very happy right now!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AndriaD

Amccone

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2014
Redding, CA, USA
After almost a month, my mix has lost flavor. The Ry4 is detectable but faint, and the Billberry is gone. Love to get input if anyone is still paying attention to this thread. I'm thinking about doubling my flavors so I would go to 10% RY4 and 2% Billberry. I don't understand why last week it was so good and today it's so much less taste. Do the flavors just peter out? It's such a drag to wait a month to figure out if I've got it right.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
After almost a month, my mix has lost flavor. The Ry4 is detectable but faint, and the Billberry is gone. Love to get input if anyone is still paying attention to this thread. I'm thinking about doubling my flavors so I would go to 10% RY4 and 2% Billberry. I don't understand why last week it was so good and today it's so much less taste. Do the flavors just peter out? It's such a drag to wait a month to figure out if I've got it right.
I haven't been following your thread, but I DIY and I am usually in the 15% or more range for flavors. There are also other reasons, not involving the juice, why the flavor may change. A change in equipment, or a new coil that's out of spec, maybe vaper's tongue, etc.

Amccone

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2014
Redding, CA, USA
I haven't been following your thread, but I DIY and I am usually in the 15% or more range for flavors. There are also other reasons, not involving the juice, why the flavor may change. A change in equipment, or a new coil that's out of spec, maybe vaper's tongue, etc.

Thanks for the input suprtrkr!! When you mix do you use Flavor Art flavoring? I'm very new at this and I'm scared I might go too high in flavoring, leaving me with tasteless juice because of that. I've had some good mixes with their strawberry with CAP Vanilla Custard v2, and all fa caramel, Apple, Vienna cream, and sweet cream for a caramel apple and using very low percentages. Maybe ry4 is just not that strong. I want the flavor to hit me right between the eyes!!! LOL.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thanks for the input suprtrkr!! When you mix do you use Flavor Art flavoring? I'm very new at this and I'm scared I might go too high in flavoring, leaving me with tasteless juice because of that. I've had some good mixes with their strawberry with CAP Vanilla Custard v2, and all fa caramel, Apple, Vienna cream, and sweet cream for a caramel apple and using very low percentages. Maybe ry4 is just not that strong. I want the flavor to hit me right between the eyes!!! LOL.
I use Flavor Apprentice. And if you want it to hit you between the eyes, crank it up :)

Reactions: Amccone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread