Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Let us know when you receive the mod. I'm still rather curious to the button materials. Yes I am stuck on a minor detail b/c I am OCD.

So I got and have started using it a little.

My initial impressions.

1. The dude is small. You can't get a great enough feel for the size in the video's. I mean even when Fagan showed it next to a cuboid, it still seemed larger than it is in my hands. I have really small hands and it still feels small.

2. It's very light. Almost felt lighter than the two batteries that came with my order.

3. Its not the most perfect machining ever, but it feels very very very robust. Nothing but the buttons have any give.

4. Carbon fiber or not the finish for that feels great. It almost looks like a wrap around a metal frame. But there is no give, no shifting, no feeling that there is anything behind it. Even if it is carbon fiber there is still probably around a frame, I doubt it's needed for anything but mounting.

5. The screen is great even if a little crowded but it basically gives you all the information you need. One downside is Amps are only shown after you fire at that setting.

6. This goes both ways. Considering the different materials and the bottom door I am surprised how flush everything is. On the other hand for OCD people. There is an almost in imperceptible gap on one of the four corners for the top lid. Which is funny considering a lot of worries were about the battery door which on mine is about as flush as could be. Both in keeping the device flat and keeps the slide from sticking out the device at all.

7. And finally for Rice. The buttons. The only real weak point I have with the device. You are right to worry. They aren't painted. But they are certainly plastic. I don't think they were ever metal, I think they were just chromed plastic in the samples. But they are plastic. Not the end off the world. They are very clicky. They have a pretty good tactile feel. But the trigger should probably be more robust than it is. It's probably a very good thing for this reason it sits mostly flush with the device.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    So I got and have started using it a little.

My initial impressions.

1. The dude is small. You can't get a great enough feel for the size in the video's. I mean even when Fagan showed it next to a cuboid, it still seemed larger than it is in my hands. I have really small hands and it still feels small.

2. It's very light. Almost felt lighter than the two batteries that came with my order.

3. Its not the most perfect machining ever, but it feels very very very robust. Nothing but the buttons have any give.

4. Carbon fiber or not the finish for that feels great. It almost looks like a wrap around a metal frame. But there is no give, no shifting, no feeling that there is anything behind it. Even if it is carbon fiber there is still probably around a frame, I doubt it's needed for anything but mounting.

5. The screen is great even if a little crowded but it basically gives you all the information you need. One downside is Amps are only shown after you fire at that setting.

6. This goes both ways. Considering the different materials and the bottom door I am surprised how flush everything is. On the other hand for OCD people. There is an almost in imperceptible gap on one of the four corners for the top lid. Which is funny considering a lot of worries were about the battery door which on mine is about as flush as could be. Both in keeping the device flat and keeps the slide from sticking out the device at all.

7. And finally for Rice. The buttons. The only real weak point I have with the device. You are right to worry. They aren't painted. But they are certainly plastic. I don't think they were ever metal, I think they were just chromed plastic in the samples. But they are plastic. Not the end off the world. They are very clicky. They have a pretty good tactile feel. But the trigger should probably be more robust than it is. It's probably a very good thing for this reason it sits mostly flush with the device.

Good post. One thing regarding point 5, my amps show all the time, even when I'm adjusting the wattage in power mode. Haven't done TC mode yet so I cannot say one way or the other.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    Compared to the Cuboid it's also smaller, looks more interesting, lighter, and probably better built considering the pin fiasco. On top of that you get a bunch of features that you might not use but are comparable to devices that are double it's price.

People do buy stuff for it to be more future proof. But that doesn't mean that people are looking over every and going "I am going to use this and this". People will have the must haves and then wiggle room. Does TFR interest a lot of people. Probably not. But it probably gives people the comfort knowing that it is there so that in the future they can use it. Same with preheat. Same with TC. Same with TCR. Same with TC SS and so on. Specially in a market where not only does the tech move insanely fast but most consumers are still easing themselves into their comfort zone.

I 100% agree.

Is the 213 firmware upgradeable.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    Good post. One thing regarding point 5, my amps show all the time, even when I'm adjusting the wattage in power mode. Haven't done TC mode yet so I cannot say one way or the other.

Amps show all the time but it only updates after you fire it. Fired at 50w on a .4 and it says 11 amps. Scroll up to 100 it still says 11. But if I fire it at 60 it goes to 12.

When in TC mode, instead of the Amperage, it will show your preheat Wattage.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    I 100% agree.

Is the 213 firmware upgradeable.
    They say yes. But Sigelei hasn't really had a track record for it (for the most part have shunned USB ports in the past). So I don't expect much other than huge bug fixes (if it has any).

Considering that. I find the USB port funny. The 150w TC after a couple months has chewed through my HG2's. So I need to re wrap them and would kill for a charging port on that. The 213 is so easy to swap batteries, I won't ever even think of using the USB port. Heck I might not want to get another device that doesn't have a battery door like this. So its funny that I have 2 sigs one I'd kill for a charge port and don't have, and another with a port I might never use.

Reactions: f1vefour

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    anyone know how to change wattage in TC mode yet? i cant figure it out and it's not listed in the manual.

You have to hold the Fire button and "+" button UNTIL you see Wattage and Time. It threw me off at first b/c when you hold it you will see preheat power adjustment but if you let go it goes back to your normal screen...just hold it until you see something happening on the screen :)

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    You have to hold the Fire button and "+" button UNTIL you see Wattage and Time. It threw me off at first b/c when you hold it you will see preheat power adjustment but if you let go it goes back to your normal screen...just hold it until you see something happening on the screen :)

It still seems to act as a preheat. I set it to 60, it shows 60 in the wattage, but if I leave it at .02 seconds. It almost instantly drops back down to ~2w. If I set it for two seconds it fires normally and could take a quick hit but if falls back down to 2w. So it's still seems to be a preheat for TC.

Edit: Tried it under SS316 and it stayed at 60w. Weird. The other test was on NI200. But that kind of ruins a feature if it the preheat doesn't work in TC. Then again I think most devices do a preheat before it settles on the temp. So maybe its not that important on TC. Set the power and forget it. I should note that I don't have a tank with a TC coil in it now. But I do have a few SS316 coils for my Herk + and Ni200 for my Zephyrous. So I tried both tests with Kanthal. When I empty those two out I'll toss them in for TC testing.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tommy-Chi

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    It still seems to act as a preheat. I set it to 60, it shows 60 in the wattage, but if I leave it at .02 seconds. It almost instantly drops back down to ~2w. If I set it for two seconds it fires normally and could take a quick hit but if falls back down to 2w. So it's still seems to be a preheat for TC.

Edit: Tried it under SS316 and it stayed at 60w. Weird. The other test was on NI200. But that kind of ruins a feature if it the preheat doesn't work in TC. Then again I think most devices do a preheat before it settles on the temp. So maybe its not that important on TC. Set the power and forget it. I should note that I don't have a tank with a TC coil in it now. But I do have a few SS316 coils for my Herk + and Ni200 for my Zephyrous. So I tried both tests with Kanthal. When I empty those two out I'll toss them in for TC testing.

I misread your post, not sure if theres an actual wattage setting for TC I've only been able to adjust the preheat wattage.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    They say yes. But Sigelei hasn't really had a track record for it (for the most part have shunned USB ports in the past). So I don't expect much other than huge bug fixes (if it has any).

Considering that. I find the USB port funny. The 150w TC after a couple months has chewed through my HG2's. So I need to re wrap them and would kill for a charging port on that. The 213 is so easy to swap batteries, I won't ever even think of using the USB port. Heck I might not want to get another device that doesn't have a battery door like this. So its funny that I have 2 sigs one I'd kill for a charge port and don't have, and another with a port I might never use.

Haven't got a nick on any of my batteries and I've been using the 150W TC for many months. That isn't to say I put them in fast though. I baby my vaping gear.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    Haven't got a nick on any of my batteries and I've been using the 150W TC for many months. That isn't to say I put them in fast though. I baby my vaping gear.

I don't put them in fast either. But one edge of the negative on the right side sticks up just enough. I don't get enough room when going positive first when popping them in that the negative side of the battery drags against the exposed side of the negative connection. I look at my batteries after I pop them out each time and my mod has never taken a fall (in fact the finish is still in perfect condition) but both HG2's in the last week went from near perfect to very slight nicks in the wrap near the negative end.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2016
    Central WA State
    yah, i figured out that you have to use preheat wattage as your watts in TC mode. once i got it dialed it, it was great in TC! the preheat TFR or whatever it is, is pretty cool. i have mine set for 60w for 1.75s and temp set to 440. i usually only take 2 second pulls so it's nice having it fire how i like and can feel it cool down right before the end of my pull.

i really really love this mod so far but have on MAJOR con and not sure if it's just my unit or what. but i pressed the fire button and nothing. so basically misfire. it happened a total of 5 times last night. kind of frustrating. i'm going to try it a couple more days. if it continues, i will probably exchange it. if anyone else is experiencing this, please let us know.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    yah, i figured out that you have to use preheat wattage as your watts in TC mode. once i got it dialed it, it was great in TC! the preheat TFR or whatever it is, is pretty cool. i have mine set for 60w for 1.75s and temp set to 440. i usually only take 2 second pulls so it's nice having it fire how i like and can feel it cool down right before the end of my pull.

i really really love this mod so far but have on MAJOR con and not sure if it's just my unit or what. but i pressed the fire button and nothing. so basically misfire. it happened a total of 5 times last night. kind of frustrating. i'm going to try it a couple more days. if it continues, i will probably exchange it. if anyone else is experiencing this, please let us know.

Haven't experienced mis-firing. have experienced battery voltage difference warning once. Screen shows batteries were >1volts apart. Took out batteries, reinstalled, was fine after. New LG HG2s.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2014
    USA

Sounds like the exact same thing that my Fuchai suffers from. Which it why I'm holding off. I hope this issue gets resolved. It's minor issue but a major annoyance.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MadVLN

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2016
    Central WA State
    Sounds like the exact same thing that my Fuchai suffers from. Which it why I'm holding off. I hope this issue gets resolved. It's minor issue but a major annoyance.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

i didn't know it was a problem with sigeleis. this is my first sigelei product. everything i've read says they are a work horse of a mod maker. i guess they did sorta fall off last year when wismec and joyetech took over the game.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Amps show all the time but it only updates after you fire it. Fired at 50w on a .4 and it says 11 amps. Scroll up to 100 it still says 11. But if I fire it at 60 it goes to 12.
    So it shows the actual amp drain at the battery, not the amps at the atty like Joyetech and other devices?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    No problem with mine. Fires all the time. Been playing with the Pre-heat. It works fantastically. To feel the power and when it settles down I am doing a much larger difference than I will in later weeks as I settle on the settings for my coil. As it is with a Herkules Pluss with .4 ohm Kanthal triple coil I am vaping at 50, but I have the preset set to 100w (the upper end of the coil) and 1 second. I can easily feel the heat and power early in the vape and its easy to tell when the power lets off.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    So it shows the actual amp drain at the battery, not the amps at the atty like Joyetech and other devices?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

I don't know but it seems so. This guy is very battery centric. It lists both battery voltages, the percentage based on battery voltage (so the %can vary quite a bit after you are done firing till it settles back down). It has a visual bar at the bottom for a more rough and probably because it isn't updated as quickly more accurate battery charge. So year the Amp measurement seems to be from the battery when firing, and what it last was pulling, after you are done firing.

Reactions: KenD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread