GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #170 for WINNERS !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandikay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2016
Good morning everybody
well that sounds about right tiggs, they never get the weather right here either :/
We got alot going on this weekend, today Christmas shopping, then we go pick up my niece to spend the night tonight, I miss my little bugger, she's getting so big on me(6yrs old) then tomorrow is the Christmas party we are throwing for the hourly employees at jump n jive. The office Christmas party won't be until December 10th, at the owners house... Guess he didn't want over 200 people at his house so it will just be us inside people.
Then after the party tomorrow we have to bring my niece back home. And get ready for the work week... I also have a doctors appointment after work Monday and a dentist appointment after work Tuesday. Then finally after work Wednesday we will have our new stove/oven delivered... I can't wait.. I sure am missing home cooked meals right about now. I just got finished saying I really want a nice breakfast instead of a cold bowl of cereal..
Well I guess I better get up and moving.. Have a great day everyone

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
12/3

Trying to get functional so I can get out to do some stuff then try to do the cooking later.

IMG1-Stephen-Sample1.jpg

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
I sure am missing home cooked meals right about now. I just got finished saying I really want a nice breakfast instead of a cold bowl of cereal..
Crock pot, oven roaster? Even an old "Hobo stove" take a large tin can. With tin snips take a piece of bread and measure and cut at that width. Cut half way up and bend twice. Take it back down and punch some holes in the side, and turn it back up. Add sticks and twigs, dry grass and light on fire. Put bacon on the top, and let it cook. Remove bacon the grease is left over. As you start to cook the eggs in the small pool of grease add the bread in the sleeve. The holes allow for the bread to toast. and walla a hot breakfast. I know that would be kinda hard, but in a pinch. ;)
12/3 - 2:
:tumble:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
slm" data-source="post: 18898739" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
slm said:
Tiggs can cooker sounds interesting!
It does and then you have many others, a Dakota stove, underground. In this one you need a small hand shovel and/or pocket knives. You dig two holes in the ground, one for intake, one for heat and exhaust, not efficient but still. A channel in the dirt is dug out as well. Pick a side and add a grate, back in the day it would be a clay pot just not covering the whole hole. The small dried wood would be added in the hole and lit on fire. I guess you would get the point, and when you are done, you add the dirt back over the spent wood. Harder for trackers that way as well.... I have looked into many, many different ways. As always food is a priority. LOL
Well guess that makes it early and often.
12/3 - 3:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
12/3 - 4: Not trying to be rude in any way Mandi, and do not be so PC about it. Your man has a grill right? So many ways to cook breakfast there, even with a charcoal starter. Sure your clothes smell of burned wood, but you can shower, bath and wash. Charcoal, if none is available, dried wood. Get it started, add skillet on top. You have to clean the carbon off the bottom, but it gets hot and cook your bacon, and eggs after. I know not so healthy, but sometimes that hot meal your talking about hits the spot. You still have a toaster right? So many ways, kick your man in the :censored: and tell him to get up and learn how to cook. Guess my mother was good in that way, she taught me more complex meals at the age of around 11.

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
12/3_#3

@tiggerrts I've heard of the hole thing. Sounds pretty interesting too. Like you said, cooking could very well become a priority.

At W here. Have coffee. Looks like it could be kinda busy. At least I'm done in 6 hours! I hear more coffee calling my name. Catch ya soon!

IMG_20160513_101452.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread