Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
That's pretty close Rick. In our house it was you will eat it. My sis and I decided not to eat dinner one night (liver *gags*) and had to sit at the table staring at it until Dad sent us to bed. In the morning Mom gave it back to us for breakfast. Cold. OMG. Still didn't eat it. When Dad saw us staring at it for dinner again he took pity on us, tossed it out and took the two of us to McDonalds. :lol:
Liver was my limit (gag). Got caught dropping it on the floor at my aunt's house for the nonexistent dog. :facepalm: It was the ONLY "food" I could skip at home. I can now eat it only if I cook it, in bacon grease, after being dipped in flour/Old Bay. Chicken livers are TOTALLY a different story! Love those!

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
That's pretty close Rick. In our house it was you will eat it. My sis and I decided not to eat dinner one night (liver *gags*) and had to sit at the table staring at it until Dad sent us to bed. In the morning Mom gave it back to us for breakfast. Cold. OMG. Still didn't eat it. When Dad saw us staring at it for dinner again he took pity on us, tossed it out and took the two of us to McDonalds. :lol:

Actually, that was the rule in my house when I was a kid, too. I had one sister who spit out everything they gave her, and I told her after we were grown that she ruined more mealtimes than famine ever did. She sat for HOURS sometimes when the rest of us had mercifully finally finished eating and been excused. When I had my own family, I changed it to "eat what's for dinner or don't eat". The only exception was when one of my sons genuinely gagged (and you can tell if they're faking a gag). Gag on the same food twice and you get a pass. Each kid got 2-3 passes, for the rest: see rule #1.

And yes...Dads who know when its time for a MacDonald's run...RULE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread