Status
Not open for further replies.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Sorry to hear you're till not feeling well..Sometimes a little peppermint helps.
I made it in fine, about normal traffic on I476, but hardly any at all after I got off the freeway. Mostly trucks with plows attached.

And I started feeling a bit barfy (sorry :() so I left early. Hardly any mail at all came in, so we'll be hit hard tomorrow if the airports are back to normal.

We didn't end up getting much snow at all, just a slight dusting on the sidewalks and roads. Only had to brush a little bit off the car. I think up around the Boston area is getting hit the worst.

Thanks for the link Punkin! And I can stream that to my TV, thanks to Chromecast! :lol:

It looks great James! The kitchen looks nice and big, and looks like you have a big yard too. Hard to tell about the bedrooms since the pics were just showing one angle.

I rented a house for me and hubby when he was at sea one time. That, of course, was back in the day with no communication until they came into port. It was in Bayview in Norfolk, right off Bayview Blvd near Tidewater Drive. Nice size house, huge yard, garage, and if I remember right, it was like $385 a month! :blink: No way I could say no to that! :lol:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Its that time again folks. Time to call it a day and head back to the house.

Speaking of house, Mrs E is going crazy right now. She's trying to handle getting all of the utilities for the new place put in our name, and since we've never had a house within the town limits before, theres a lot of stuff involved that we didnt know about. Take the rental agreement here. Take a social security card there. A urine sample and strand of hair for dna testing for power. Better her than me. But, by the end of the day Monday, we'll have all utilities. We hope.

We've decided to get rid of all cable service. I'll either have to buy one big antenna with an amplifier to run every tv, or three or four sets of rabbit ears for each tv. Im thinking the kids dont need tvs in their rooms. Theyre going to love that.

Even though I went to the gym last night, Mrs E is dragging me back there today. I think Im going to stay away from the weights though. Im still sore and I dont want to overdo it. After today, I'll still need one more trip back this week for my company to reimburse my monthly dues. It really isnt a bad deal. They will pay me $30, and my wife $30 to go to any gym, as long as we go at least 8 times a month. With that $60, we were even able to add Kat on to our account so she can go, too.

Y'all have a good evening! I have a feeling that after the gym, shower, and dinner, I will find myself passed out on the couch and unable to wake up. :D

Oh I get it. The Eagles...THAT empty nest...
:facepalm:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Get a Roku James. It's about $100 to buy the unit and that's the only charge. Tons of free channels. If you want Netflix then it's only $8 a month. We canceled our satellite and only have that now. Totally worth it and still have things to watch when we feel like it.

Or Chromecast. I think the unit is like $39, you plug it into the USB on your TV. But you'd need a wireless router. I already had one to get the interwebs to both computers.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread