Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Also can you find out exactly what your friend was using that you liked so much? That would help us help you.

You also said this
Edit: I just saw a video and didnt know I should put also inside that tiny hole in the center of the coil, I dropped only in the side open parts... I guess that's maybe 2 coils wasted? DX

If you did all the other parts in my post this shouldn't matter as much. Puff without hitting the fire button, allowing to sit for a few minutes should have helped to saturate the coil.

You do know that vaping is not smoking, yes? What I mean is that you will not get that buzz you mentioned in your first post every puff. And not on the set up that you are using...

:)

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Makes it hard when supplies aren't readily available. Even though it's an innokin, make sure you take the tank apart and clean the tank really well including removing the o-rings. What it sounds like to me is machine oil contamination and if it is, the coil and juice in the tank are garbage.

Next thing is to make sure you are starting with a well primed coil so you don't burn the wick material. Since it's a .8 ohm coil start out about 10 watts with the air flow closed off to a fairly tight draw similar to a cigarette. Take a few puffs 10 or so) at that setting and give the coil a bit of time to season. If it works at that setting without being harsh then you can increase watts until the vape is slightly warm. Also do not push the button for longer than about a sec before you puff.

Your definitely killing the coil within the first few puffs. We just have to figure out why and it usually comes down to a small error.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I do think that maybe a higher resistance coil would be better, but even vaping at 16W makes me wanna puke and drink the Atlantic Ocean worth of water... I only got this vape because my sis bought it for me from abroad. There are no "vape shops" where I live unfortunately...
Please pay particular attention to :
Welcome and glad you joined.
2. Don’t Become Obsessed with the Idea of Sub-Ohming
Re: 6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
vapetown
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
Vaping 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
where is she from?
I am a man... And I come from Brasil. Its not actually illegal, but it is not legal as well. Vaping are in a weird position under the law now, and liquids and vapes can only be found on the internet. The liquids and the vaping kit I got from my sister who lives in the Netherlands and she had the assistance of a pro vaping friend of hers.

Reactions: Ragnar94

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
Also, my problem is pretty much solved, special thanks to Sugar_and_Spice!!! I believe the initial problem was that the coil was already damaged when I first received it (maybe my sister did some wrong stuff or the store guy did) as well counting the fact I lighted up accidently without any liquid and didn't prime the coil. Then I primed the coil slightly wrong and once I put two drops of liquid in the new coil I installed and primed correctly following the post of Sugar_and_Spice, it started to become a much better experience.

Now the situation is: The first couple of puffs I feel a bit of harshness on my throat, but I believe that its because my liquid is 100% PG, has 12mg of nicotine, and I still am not used to vaping in general. However, the good news is that after these initial couple puffs, it becomes an awesome experience and I no longer feel pain or burning like it was before. I was vaping at 15 watts but now I feel more comfortable at 20W!

Thanks a lot for all of you who helped a noob regarding this. I did looked in this forum, read a ton of information and watched dozens of videos, but my problem could only be solved thanks to you guys! I gotta say that learning to vape alone is almost like rocket science :p (as for my friend, he is actually the husband of a sister of a friend of mine, so I dont have exactly his contact, but he helped me a couple days later as well).

Regarding the nicotine buzz, it is indeed not like the first cig of the day, but I find it more pleasant since it is more smooth and doesnt feel like a kick in your head like normal cigs does!

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Also, my problem is pretty much solved, special thanks to Sugar_and_Spice!!! I believe the initial problem was that the coil was already damaged when I first received it (maybe my sister did some wrong stuff or the store guy did) as well counting the fact I lighted up accidently without any liquid and didn't prime the coil. Then I primed the coil slightly wrong and once I put two drops of liquid in the new coil I installed and primed correctly following the post of Sugar_and_Spice, it started to become a much better experience.

Now the situation is: The first couple of puffs I feel a bit of harshness on my throat, but I believe that its because my liquid is 100% PG, has 12mg of nicotine, and I still am not used to vaping in general. However, the good news is that after these initial couple puffs, it becomes an awesome experience and I no longer feel pain or burning like it was before. I was vaping at 15 watts but now I feel more comfortable at 20W!

Thanks a lot for all of you who helped a noob regarding this. I did looked in this forum, read a ton of information and watched dozens of videos, but my problem could only be solved thanks to you guys! I gotta say that learning to vape alone is almost like rocket science :p (as for my friend, he is actually the husband of a sister of a friend of mine, so I dont have exactly his contact, but he helped me a couple days later as well).

Regarding the nicotine buzz, it is indeed not like the first cig of the day, but I find it more pleasant since it is more smooth and doesnt feel like a kick in your head like normal cigs does!

Glad you got it worked out. Just remember, vaping isn't smoking and doesn't have the same level of nicotine delivery even at a similar level to your cigarettes. That kick from cigarettes is not just the nicotine, but other alkaloids as well.

You will also find that new coils won't taste right for a few puffs and sometimes up to a tank full as they break in.

Now you get to enjoy the hunt for your favorite flavors [emoji3]

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
Glad you got it worked out. Just remember, vaping isn't smoking and doesn't have the same level of nicotine delivery even at a similar level to your cigarettes. That kick from cigarettes is not just the nicotine, but other alkaloids as well.

You will also find that new coils won't taste right for a few puffs and sometimes up to a tank full as they break in.

Now you get to enjoy the hunt for your favorite flavors [emoji3]

Exactly, I am finding the nicotine kick much more suave and pleasant at the moment! Cigarettes never again! :D

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
Glad you have made progress Nitro! I find PG to react badly with my body. I get all sorts of negative side effects. Good luck in finding what works best for you! Hope you kick the stinkies.
I think that it doesnt good that well with my body too, so I'm looking foward to get VG liquids. Problem is that my sis already bought me 6 liquids of the same brand and VG concentration :T

StinkyNoMoar

Feb 24, 2017
I think that it doesnt good that well with my body too, so I'm looking foward to get VG liquids. Problem is that my sis already bought me 6 liquids of the same brand and VG concentration :T
I dont know what is available in Brazil. BUT!!! VG is a common skin application that even walmart carries, i forget the name but you can use it to increase your vg content, it will dilute/mute flavor but atleast you can get an idea.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I am happy that you are having a much more pleasureable experience now. I was happy to have helped and if you have more questions please be sure to ask. There is always someone here at ECF 27/7/365. Don't be a stranger, join in the fun here. The support and knowledge here at ECF is second to none and new members are always welcome. Browse the threads and forums.

:)

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Nitro & welcome
Problem was the responders were trying to guess what the problem you were experiencing was since "hard on the throat" can be linked to more than one problem. Glad to see it sorted for you.

I also live in South America, just north of Brazil, and I get all my stuff from the internet. If you want to keep vaping you should probably get into rebuilding since cotton and wire can always be imported. DIY is also a good recommendation though a bit harder since you have to import nicotine but so far I've had no problems with it clearing customs. Keep your orders small and they have a better chance if clearing and less economic impact if they don't. Orders from the US will likely get less scrutiny than orders from China. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread