YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Ok, i updated to 6.7, yay, finally got to borrow a windows machine. Have been going FW crazy, all my smok devices, my laisimo, balrog, wrecker G2 and ijoy maxo and captain.. all done! Phew!

I also noticed my chipset is the 550J in the info page. that's a good thing...

I quite like yihi's software.. I am thinking of buying a second hand windows 7 computer for a couple hundred bucks, just so i can use evolve and do all my mod firmware.. probably makes sense.

SO, it seems the screen turning back on with device off has been fixed.. just a firmware issue after all..

i am also presuming then, that mine *wasn't* from the very first batch of carbon fibres..

I am defo keeping it, it's so comfy.. i just don't know if the kevlar will feel this good.. the carbon fibre is so soft.

And if it was limited after all, might become a bit of a collector's item some day :)

PS my paint here has been flawless, but i don't take it out. I never take out a mod that i paid more than 50 bucks for.

I better tell yihi asap that it seems fixed.. now i just need to hear back about the Q buzzing :) I wonder why they just didn't tell me "yes that's normal, the FW update will fix it"??

Reactions: drugarth

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
You can buy a Windows laptop brand new for $200, I can guarantee you can find a laptop just for the purpose of updating for $40. Can't use it for anything other than web surfing and updating but they are plentiful.

Yihi is your favourite company because they responded to an email? Talk about hyperbole. It's good that they responded but really? *gag*

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
And yes, in this crazy world of e cigs, where support is usually nothing more than a word, it's a huge deal that i found a company who actually does answer emails. The only one actually. I've even been told by shops where i asked them to contact a company, w ahem, w, because i couldn't get a reply, that "believe me, there is no way they will reply to me either'.. apparently not even about warranty claims.. so.. YES, it's a big, big deal. Not one email has gone longer than 24hrs without a response from yihi.. i'm waiting going on 2 years for some of the others.

johnnyelevator

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
long beach, ca
Red, blue, & black in stock now.
6e136267e98e4ca81556ba497b194210.jpg
6fee8d256acb88d572a7e0802f8a6cf2.jpg

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Those of you with the G class how is it to carry around all day? I love the look of the device and know how good yihi devices are, but I'm concerned about the joystick sticking out causing issues over time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The joystick tends to bump into things, it's probably not a great idea to put in your pocket, not to mention the one time I had to put it in pocket with keys for like 5 sec the screen got scratched & paint chipped... Sometimes you have no choice though, only have 2 hands.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I won't take it out due to the cost, but if i did, i would use an eclyp or a vape holder with a bag clip, and put it into lock mode with three clicks. the joystick will always be first point of contact so there's no way the device can be unlocked when it's in your pocket, which is at least a good thing. It protrudes a bit, but a joy to use. A worthwhile sacrifice.

Reactions: oldude 61

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
I have no issues with mine. I tend to use one or two devices exclusively, right now, it's the g class. When evolv decides to release a 250c, I'll probably go back to an evolv device. I feel like the g class has so much potential but has not delivered. Firmware updates mainly have fixed bugs and provided custom wallpapers with font colour changes.

I don't have experience with the c chips from evolv since they are new, but, it seems to me that chip will resolve many of my issues with these devices, which are essentially, an overly complex ui. Yes, I know I'll have to spend hours making my ui to get it to work the way I want it to, at least the option will be there.

I just wish the screen was bigger on the c chips, they are very small. Frankly, the g class screen should be about 25 percent bigger. I have to scrutinize the screen to see what I'm doing, which is frustrating when I go to take a toot while I'm driving and realize something isn't right...

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I think someone posted in here were to get the new Kevlar G Class. They got all the colors here in stock already: SXmini G Class by YiHi | Limited Edition Kevlar Box Mod (ALL COLORS IN STOCK AHEAD OF SCHEDULE)

If you already have an account with them log on, put the one you want in your cart and wait. Sometimes they send an email saying you left something in your cart and here is a 10% off coupon. Doesn't always work but it is worth a shot.
10% thing worked for me, twice.
Got a black kevlar for me and one for my son. 10% off on both orders.

I already had the black CF one so I knew I'd like the kevlar.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Sigelei looks pretty hot, but we all know yihi chip is 100x better.

I think the sigelei is sort of their answer to g class and t priv combined.. check out led colours.. will be curious to see if they allow the colours to be used only when firing (like t priv), unlike the kaos..Sigelei/smok etc, i put them all in the same average class.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey, I wouldn't buy it but one thing I can say for that snow wolf, it probably doesn't rattlesnake in TC, so that's a notable improvement fer me. Some of their early TC chips even expirimented with TFR so it might not end up half bad.

There's only so many ways to arrange two batteries and a board... I wonder if it ends up actually being better than the 550, if a direct swap might be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread