Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I see that you changed the size of the included tube (now a short body) and the drip tip (now an SS STR 10). I can't speak for others, but that's totally the setup that I prefer.
Most people get the short ΣΟΦΙΑ so we thought it's better this way :)

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Billie - can you link me to whatever I need to get started at using a Sophia with the Billet Box Rev4? I'd be using the below tank:

R4 Boro Black

I'm just confusing myself on what I need to purchase to get going on that. Haha.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie - can you link me to whatever I need to get started at using a Sophia with the Billet Box Rev4? I'd be using the below tank:

R4 Boro Black

I'm just confusing myself on what I need to purchase to get going on that. Haha.

Thanks!

You would need a ΣΟΦΙΑ v2 35mm and a BB kit . I have heard once that on the v4 the top hollow screw is different than the previous so the top screw of the BB kit won't fit, but we haven't been able to get our hands on a v4 yet to verify it :(

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
@Billie-cig,

I hope you and the family are well.

On another note, I'm hoping you can answer a question for me.

I am planning on purchasing a Sophia V2 + Billet Box kit.
How does the Sophia V2 compare in airflow, to the BVC coils commonly used in the BBox?
I'm currently using a BVC set up in my BBox, but I would much rather have a Sophia V2 in there.

Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone have any pictures of how low the Sophia tube opening/juice port sits in the tank on a Billet Box?

Thanks in advance!

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
@Billie-cig,

I hope you and the family are well.

On another note, I'm hoping you can answer a question for me.

I am planning on purchasing a Sophia V2 + Billet Box kit.
How does the Sophia V2 compare in airflow, to the BVC coils commonly used in the BBox?
I'm currently using a BVC set up in my BBox, but I would much rather have a Sophia V2 in there.

Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone have any pictures of how low the Sophia tube opening/juice port sits in the tank on a Billet Box?

Thanks in advance!
The 35mm ΣΟΦΙΑ (v1 and v2) sit flush with the BB. You can se the instruction manual here :)
I haven't used the BVC coils so I can't compare, but the ΣΟΦΙΑ has an analog-like draw. Not constrictive, but not airy.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
If anyone could verify if the threading of the v4 BB is different than the previous versions, I would greatly appreciate it! :)
We are looking for the brass hollow screw the BB has on top, where the carto goes in, to keep the tank in place.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
If anyone could verify if the threading of the v4 BB is different than the previous versions, I would greatly appreciate it! :)
We are looking for the brass hollow screw the BB has on top, where the carto goes in, to keep the tank in place.
I think I'll be your guinea pig (if you're not familiar - "guinea pig" just means: "test subject")

I have a Rev4 now and am going to head to your site to place an order for the Sophia v2 and the existing billet box kit.

If it happens to need anything else - no worries - I'll figure it out one way or another. I'd hate to ship it all the way to Greece, but in all honesty, I did get a second one earlier today! So technically I "could". That's IF it's even needed. My guess is that it'll fit just fine with the existing kit.

Heading on over to place the order! I'll PM you my order number just so you have it.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I think I'll be your guinea pig (if you're not familiar - "guinea pig" just means: "test subject")

I have a Rev4 now and am going to head to your site to place an order for the Sophia v2 and the existing billet box kit.

If it happens to need anything else - no worries - I'll figure it out one way or another. I'd hate to ship it all the way to Greece, but in all honesty, I did get a second one earlier today! So technically I "could". That's IF it's even needed. My guess is that it'll fit just fine with the existing kit.

Heading on over to place the order! I'll PM you my order number just so you have it.

Thank you very much! It will help immensly! :)
The only thing that we would need if it doesn't fit, is the original top hollow screw so we can make the same threading

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thank you very much! It will help immensly! :)
The only thing that we would need if it doesn't fit, is the original top hollow screw so we can make the same threading
Ohh - cool! K well here's an update. The brass fitting from my rev3 absolutely fits in the Rev4. It screws and tightens. BUT the threads are a little different. Haha - I hope I didn't do any small damage to my threads. If I did - it wouldn't be your fault, and at that, the threads are so similar I'm sure it wouldn't effect things.

Here's some pics of the two side by side. Can you tell that the rev3 has almost a flat edge at the far edge of the threads that the Rev4 one doesn't have?

Honestly... I think they fit and if I wasn't told to look out for them being different - I wouldn't have known the wiser. I'm tempted to ask the Billet Box makers if they approve of using the Rev3 fitting in the Rev4 and vice versa.

20160807_010322.jpg

20160807_010056.jpg

20160807_010604.jpg

20160807_010555.jpg

20160807_010050.jpg

20160807_010432.jpg

20160807_010334.jpg

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Ohh - cool! K well here's an update. The brass fitting from my rev3 absolutely fits in the Rev4. It screws and tightens. BUT the threads are a little different. Haha - I hope I didn't do any small damage to my threads. If I did - it wouldn't be your fault, and at that, the threads are so similar I'm sure it wouldn't effect things.

Here's some pics of the two side by side. And you tell that the rev4 has almost a flat edge at the for edge if the threads that the Rev4 one doesn't have?

Honestly... I think they fit and if I wasn't told to look out for them being different - I wouldn't have known the wiser. I'm tempted to ask the Billet Box makers if they approve of using the Rev3 fitting in the Rev4 and vice versa.

Thank you very much for the photos! I heard of this problem only once, but it has been on my mind since then.

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So - I didn't place my order yet like I said I would. Haha - trying to figure out if i want to add a tank system onto the order to go with the Sophia. The descriptions confuse me a little. Is there a tank that's made of plastic that comes with the 35mm Sophia v2?

I'm guessing the below isn't the 35mm:

ΣΟΦΙΑ V2 - GV Telescopic Tank - STR15 BECK - By Leo

And do you know when you might get more stock of the below sweet 5mm clear tip?

05afc229096f77afce59051bc58d2d98.jpg

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Billie - some good news to curb any remaining worries you (or I) had.

The below is a pic of the included instruction sheet with the Billet Box Rev4.

Look at #5 on the second page. I think this might mean your Billet Box kit is good to go for the Rev4 as well. :)

20160808_000656.jpg

20160808_000706.jpg

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
The Sophia works in the Rev 3 BB because it uses its own brass screw with a hole in it. Billie is asking whether they have to redesign the actual screw made to house the Sophia. We know the Sophia will work if the screw is correct.
ΣΟΦΙΑ v2

Did you see this post? I was putting 2 and 2 together. And with their wording of adapters that work on the rev3 can be used on the 4, implies just about everything being compatible? Like integrated drip tips, brass adapters, and the like. But maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe an ask is in order to Billet Box. I really don't know.

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
So - I didn't place my order yet like I said I would. Haha - trying to figure out if i want to add a tank system onto the order to go with the Sophia. The descriptions confuse me a little. Is there a tank that's made of plastic that comes with the 35mm Sophia v2?

I'm guessing the below isn't the 35mm:

ΣΟΦΙΑ V2 - GV Telescopic Tank - STR15 BECK - By Leo

And do you know when you might get more stock of the below sweet 5mm clear tip?

05afc229096f77afce59051bc58d2d98.jpg

Yes. It is the 35mm ΣΟΦΙΑ v2 with an STR 15 and the GV telescopic tank.
I will look in our stock tomorrow and let you know :)

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie - some good news to curb any remaining worries you (or I) had.

The below is a pic of the included instruction sheet with the Billet Box Rev4.

Look at #5 on the second page. I think this might mean your Billet Box kit is good to go for the Rev4 as well. :)

20160808_000656.jpg

20160808_000706.jpg

Thank you! That makes it more reassuring :)

Reactions: HBcorpse

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yes. It is the 35mm ΣΟΦΙΑ v2 with an STR 15 and the GV telescopic tank.
I will look in our stock tomorrow and let you know :)
Ha - just saw this now. Maybe I'll order that tank next time. :)

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
I won a Sophia V2 in this month's By Leo give-away - yes - wholly unexpected things happen sometimes :wub: Thank you Billie, once more.

Billie sent it on the 22nd, it just arrived today the 24th in the morning. This is pure magic, I never experienced something like this quick within Austria ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread