80 watts or 150 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 65 watt M65 I got is defective. So I'm returning it and replacing it with a new mod. But I'm stuck between 2 mods. The Smoktech X-Pro M80, or the Vape Connexx 150. Both look great but I'll give you a quick run down on the pros and cons of both.

Smoktech M80

Pros - 4400 mAh built in battery, 80 watts max power, .2-3.0 ohms, pass through vaping, decent sized and stylish.
Cons - only 80 watts, built in battery, 4400 mAh.

Vape Connex

Pros - like the bulkyness of it, huge firing button, 180 day warranty, interchangable 18650, magnetic back, .1-3.0 ohms.
Cons - no pass through, never heard of the brand.

So should I stick with a brand I know? Or risk it and get a really powerful mod? Any input is appreciated. Thanks y'all.

Reactions: bah

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The 65 watt M65 I got is defective. So I'm returning it and replacing it with a new mod. But I'm stuck between 2 mods. The Smoktech X-Pro M80, or the Vape Connexx 150. Both look great but I'll give you a quick run down on the pros and cons of both.

Smoktech M80

Pros - 4400 mAh built in battery, 80 watts max power, .2-3.0 ohms, pass through vaping, decent sized and stylish.
    Cons - only 80 watts, built in battery, 4400 mAh.

Vape Connex

Pros - like the bulkyness of it, huge firing button, 180 day warranty, interchangable 18650, magnetic back, .1-3.0 ohms.
    Cons - no pass through, never heard of the brand.

So should I stick with a brand I know? Or risk it and get a really powerful mod? Any input is appreciated. Thanks y'all.

The name says it all

m80.jpg

foggy7692

Moved On
    Feb 3, 2015
    NYC
    I'd go IPV3 of IPV Mini 2... I don't know how good those other brands are but the IPV's are solid
    :)
    I have the IPV3 and love it, but I kind of wish I just waited for the Mini 2.. 70-80watts would be fine for most people. But my IPV3 has KILLER battery life, AMAZING accuracy, and when I update it it will read my coils in "0.01 accuracy" and raise wattage from 150 to 165w..

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Austin,TX, USA
    Skipping over the brand/mod debate as You've gotten solid advice already... What are you planning to put ON this mod, and how do you WANT to use it?? I drip all day long, but rarely use more than 60 watts on my 100 watt mod. That's not to say that you won't, but more info is needed. If you plan to run mostly tank setups, you likely wouldn't touch even 80 watts.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 13, 2014
    Canada
    IPV Mini 2 is the same form factor but kicks 70W.
    You got the Sigeli 100W, 100W Plus and 150W or the IPV series of higher wattage mods some have dual batteries like the Sigeli. One of those mods would be my choice personally, they are tried and true. VS DNA40 is a nice little device but you may want something with more wattage if you can only get one device.

I own a lot of boxes and if I could ONLY have one (thanfully I am not limited mwhaha) I would take the Sig 100W Plus. I like it more then the IPV3 and I hate the IPV4, the minis are nice the VS DNA40 is a really fantastic little guy also I am partial to my Clopour mini for running a Subtank Nano tiny set up but it doesn't have a lot of range and some people on here don't like the electronics apparently. The new IPV Mini will most likely be my new go to when I get it as it has all the watts I typically use and I really like the form factor. It also depends what your topping it with heavily. If your going to run drippers you may want a higher wattage set up but if you are just going to toss a Subtank on it a VS is a great choice IMO. The new IPV Mini would be very suitable for all the sub ohm clearos out right now so if you don't build and like small devices I would say grab that and if you need a higher range get a Sig 100W Plus or if you really think your going to run certain toppers at above 100 then get the Sig 150 or the IPV3 although I personally like the Sig150 better.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    IPV Mini 2 is the same form factor but kicks 70W.
    You got the Sigeli 100W, 100W Plus and 150W or the IPV series of higher wattage mods some have dual batteries like the Sigeli. One of those mods would be my choice personally, they are tried and true. VS DNA40 is a nice little device but you may want something with more wattage if you can only get one device.

I own a lot of boxes and if I could ONLY have one (thanfully I am not limited mwhaha) I would take the Sig 100W Plus. I like it more then the IPV3 and I hate the IPV4, the minis are nice the VS DNA40 is a really fantastic little guy also I am partial to my Clopour mini for running a Subtank Nano tiny set up but it doesn't have a lot of range and some people on here don't like the electronics apparently. The new IPV Mini will most likely be my new go to when I get it as it has all the watts I typically use and I really like the form factor. It also depends what your topping it with heavily. If your going to run drippers you may want a higher wattage set up but if you are just going to toss a Subtank on it a VS is a great choice IMO. The new IPV Mini would be very suitable for all the sub ohm clearos out right now so if you don't build and like small devices I would say grab that and if you need a higher range get a Sig 100W Plus or if you really think your going to run certain toppers at above 100 then get the Sig 150 or the IPV3 although I personally like the Sig150 better.

I too feel the same. My Sigelei 100w at home and my IPV mini for on the go. I need nothing else.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Stewbacca
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread