What's in your juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
A while back Nicoticket did a lab test on all their juices and released the results publicly.

Nicoticket Testing Results | E-Cigarette Forum

This was a bold move on their part which has earned my outmost respect for coming forward and setting new standards.
My question is why we as a community have been so ignorant about knowing and demanding to know what's in our juice from our vendors?
If you know of any other vendors that have done lab tests (with publicly posted results) please let us know.
I think it's about time to send this message to our vendors that we do care to know what's in our juice. If more vendors come forward, other vendors would be more pressured to follow suit.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
This is just a personal opinion, but from what I've seen so far, we don't know if/or at what level these are actually an issue in vapor. I understand trying to eliminate potential risk, but I also understand that the sky is not always falling. It's also a fairly limited test. I commend them for doing this, it's a good start, but only a piece of the puzzle.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I would like to see better labeling as to ejuice contents. Artificial sweeteners, anything with allergic impacts such as peanut products, etc

I agree, and this is a step in the right direction. A major juice manufacturer with as much transparency as possible available to those who use their product allowing them to make informed decision as to whether or not to buy from them.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
This is just a personal opinion, but from what I've seen so far, we don't know if/or at what level these are actually an issue in vapor. I understand trying to eliminate potential risk, but I also understand that the sky is not always falling. It's also a fairly limited test. I commend them for doing this, it's a good start, but only a piece of the puzzle.

Every journey begins with a single step.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
It is great to know "whats in the juice" it's a good starting point, at the same time though the results don't carry too much weight imo. They would if we drank the liquid, we don't. (I hope)

What is more important (in my view) is what is contained in the vapour we inhale once the liquid is broken down with heat. Any vendors/juice makers going that extra step for us? Cheers.

Reactions: Lessifer

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I also DIY all my juice except for a tobacco one. My reason was that all the commercial juice I tried except for 2 tobacco ones messed me up and or tasted horrible with aftertaste. allergic to some of the artificial ingredients. I knew I could not tolerate artificial sweeteners, but none said they contain it....
I use no artificial ingredient flavorings now, with maybe a touch of some questionable ones for a bit of taste. Hard to find many no artificial ingredient flavorings. I buy from 3 places so far. Also I do not use any with coloring in them.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Every journey begins with a single step.
Very true, I would just hate to see the journey of some of the great manufacturers out there cut short because of what some people "demanded," especially when those demands are not necessarily helpful, they could be, but they might also be useless.

Though I have no issue with people choosing to not buy from companies who don't provide such information.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Very true, I would just hate to see the journey of some of the great manufacturers out there cut short because of what some people "demanded," especially when those demands are not necessarily helpful, they could be, but they might also be useless.

Though I have no issue with people choosing to not buy from companies who don't provide such information.

I agree, and that's why I respect this move no one demanded it that I'm aware of they just did it.

ETA: Anywho I got a filet on the grill ready for some Bleu Cheese crumbles enjoy your evening folks. :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I also DIY all my juice except for a tobacco one. My reason was that all the commercial juice I tried except for 2 tobacco ones messed me up and or tasted horrible with aftertaste. allergic to some of the artificial ingredients. I knew I could not tolerate artificial sweeteners, but none said they contain it....
I use no artificial ingredient flavorings now, with maybe a touch of some questionable ones for a bit of taste. Hard to find many no artificial ingredient flavorings. I buy from 3 places so far. Also I do not use any with coloring in them.
You've mentioned the artificial sweetener thing before, that sucks as I know most vendors probably use them. I know Dr. Farselinos has said it is probably best to avoid "organic" flavorings though, I'm not sure if he has any data to back up that suggestion yet. Honestly it's a pretty hard spot to be in.

I will say that one of my favorite e-liquids is a home made tobacco extraction that one of my coworkers did, I really need to get him to make another batch.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You've mentioned the artificial sweetener thing before, that sucks as I know most vendors probably use them. I know Dr. Farselinos has said it is probably best to avoid "organic" flavorings though, I'm not sure if he has any data to back up that suggestion yet. Honestly it's a pretty hard spot to be in.

I will say that one of my favorite e-liquids is a home made tobacco extraction that one of my coworkers did, I really need to get him to make another batch.
Ohh well I did not start vaping to lengthen my miserable life anyway ;) I think the organic thing he mentions is because of the high temp thing and Formaldehyde being produced if the organics burn.
Not much of a problem for a tootle puffer I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread