AGA-T/Paps Hybrid easy as pie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Vap, how did you manage to spend 40 on a M3 HSS tap? You guys are supposedly Metricified since '88 so that shouldn't be a rarity. I got a 3 piece set for M3 and it was something like $6 which was seemingly outrageous as I later picked up a M3-12 tap die set (el cheapo) and doubt I spent more than $9.

And, I'm farther than you from China and we have Eurotaxes. Are you getting the fancy stuff?

Nice job all around, and on the groove ingenuity.

LoL, $40 was for a 3 piece set with each one a different profile and of the highest quality I could buy. I live is a small town of about 7,000 so that has a lot to do with price and availability.
Thanks for the kind words though :)

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
By the way KTS telescope is out as top section has internal threads. smok Natural still might be a go though.

I beg to differ, Here's what an AgaT/CCTS Hybrid would look like:

45Do0H7.jpg

And here are the piece you need for the hybrid, you can ditch the 510 top cap and the inner telescopic tube. You screw the aga onto the extension tube and then screw that to the switch tube. Juuuuuust enough room for an 18350. I test fired and did indeed get a voltage.

vGZ0FDv.jpg

This would also be totally possible and totally impractical.

zsLpjLF.jpg

Dream Tank + Aga-T Decorative piece or juice reserve + CCTS :D

boneshark187

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
New Jersey
Thanks for this one! It was pretty easy to do. I plugged the holes at the bottom by using cut up pieces of thick o-rings...taper them down and pull them through. No leaking whatsoever. I also just used teflon tape on the two screws that were already there and no leaks either. It's super tiny and just nice on the paps 18350 :) :toast:

paps-sm.jpg

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Thanks for this one! It was pretty easy to do. I plugged the holes at the bottom by using cut up pieces of thick o-rings...taper them down and pull them through. No leaking whatsoever. I also just used teflon tape on the two screws that were already there and no leaks either. It's super tiny and just nice on the paps 18350 :) :toast:

View attachment 187715

Cool, glad you are enjoying the share :)

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
so where is the best place to get an AGA T for this? i have quite a few Gus and Paps mods and i figure i could spare one as a hybird, i probably wont use two and will just use one AGA and try to set it up as a hybrid dripper...also does the top cap's hole line up with the wick hole on these screw top AGA T's? Thanks

-TCAD

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
so where is the best place to get an AGA T for this? i have quite a few Gus and Paps mods and i figure i could spare one as a hybird, i probably wont use two and will just use one AGA and try to set it up as a hybrid dripper...also does the top cap's hole line up with the wick hole on these screw top AGA T's? Thanks

-TCAD

Not sure how you are going to achieve this with just one agat,unless you have a lathe to turn the 510 connection into athe atty deck as I posted also in this thread, I didn't have a lathe but lots of time. there is a link earlier in this thread I think for suppliers, discountvapers would be my first call. The topcaP may or may not line up, but sanding the base of the cap bit at a time will solve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread