AGA-T Vapes Like A Steam Train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Received my AGA-T rba from Dennis at Mountain Vapor yesterday and wanted to share my initial impression. This was the first time I ever placed an order with them. Shipping was very fast and I received my order in two business days. I was quite impressed with the excellent build quality and weight of the unit. It has a very solid feel to it with a superb fit and finish. It looks great too and it comes with an assortment of extra parts like screws, o-rings, etc. I was excited to put it together and see how it vapes. I watched the video Dennis has on his website showing how he put his together and then I got started on mine.

I have to say that it was an easy, simple build and I was up and running in about ten minutes. Wrapped the included coil and wick, attached it, filled the tank, drenched the coil and wick with a few more drops and I was done! It fired up on the first try and measured in at around 2.9 ohms with a 5/6 coil. So how does it vape?

First 5 minutes: "HOLY SMOKES/VAPOR BATMAN!!!!" This thing vapes like a steam train! Massive clouds of thick vapor immediately. I wasn't too happy with the flavor that was coming through at first because it tasted somewhat burnt and the tank was leaking ever so slightly from one of the wick holes. I suspected the wick to be responsible for both issues but the vapor production was still great.

Took it apart and wrapped the coil around one of my own thicker wicks and put it back together. Again, fired up on the first try. Still great vapor production but this time no leaks and better flavor starting to come through. The thicker wick did the trick. NO LEAKS at all. I could still sense the burnt taste but not as much as before. I was hoping it would diminish after some break in time and I was right. It has almost completely disappeared within the first day. I have some SS mesh and more wire on the way. Going to try a mesh setup with a lower resistance as that seems to be the preferred method for best taste.

I feel like I should also mention the conversation I had with Dennis. I called him after I put the AGA-T together to get his opinion and ask if he had any suggestions to avoid the burnt taste in the future. Dennis was very friendly, extremely helpful and he seems like a really nice guy. It was a pleasure speaking with him and I will happily buy from him again with confidence. In addition to the great service, he currently has the AGA-T listed at only $19.00 which is substantially less expensive than anywhere else as I've seen it listed as high as $30.00 or more.

So if you've been undecided about the AGA-T or rebuildable atomizers in general, try this one out. I think it's a great way to start with rebuildables. You'll be pleased at the relatively easy build, the great vapor production and the option to try a variety of different setups for a fraction of the price of a Genesis.

Attachments

• AGA-T1.jpg
    AGA-T1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 19,540
  • AGA-T2.jpg
    AGA-T2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 633
  • AGA-T3.jpg
    AGA-T3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,183
  • AGA-T4.jpg
    AGA-T4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3,994
  • AGA-T5.jpg
    AGA-T5.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,992

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
i wish i had seen the aga-t for that price, i did spend 30 something on mine. i think you will definately like it alot better with the ss wick instead of the cotton. i have mine set-up with some 500 mesh, 5 wraps of kanthal 28g @ 0.09 ohms and 3.1 volts on my provari. works really well. just got a cool colored glass tank from ibtanked to replace the plastic one that came with it. it was like 10 dollars. the only thing about the aga-t is that it is top heavy, i have already busted 2 acrylic ming drip tips from it falling over. i need to buy a holder so it doesnt happen again. good luck.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Thanks Vapdivrr. You are absolutely right! And thanks for the tip about ibtanked. I'll check them out. I received my ss mesh from Avid Vaper today. Ordered a 5" x 20" sheet of 400 x 400 304 Stainless Mesh. Cut out my first piece, oxidized, rolled, wrapped, installed and WOW!! Instant flavor and great vapor. No burnt metal taste, no dry hits. And the flavor gets even better as it breaks in. Very Happy. New pics below.
AGA-T-SS1.jpg AGA-T-SS2.jpg AGA-T-SS3.jpg AGA-T-SS4.jpg AGA-T-SS5.jpg

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
Bought a Z Pro and didnt like the weight really top heavy, sold it on the classies and bought a T from the classifieds still a little top heavy but not as bad as the Pro. Got in the coop for 3 more of the Ts I think they where around $11ea. I deknurled the first and will do the others once I recieve them from the coop.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Bought a Z Pro and didnt like the weight really top heavy, sold it on the classies and bought a T from the classifieds still a little top heavy but not as bad as the Pro. Got in the coop for 3 more of the Ts I think they where around $11ea. I deknurled the first and will do the others once I recieve them from the coop.

I like the way they look when deknurled. I've been going to do mine. Just haven't gotten to it (too lazy).

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
This AGA in your photos is completely different from the one that I have- a friend of mine had one at a vape meet yesterday, and his was not made of steel- which explains the difference in price.

Aside from that, and a difference in their weight, finish, color and knurling, they're almost identical. I believe the steel AGA-T is a bit larger as well.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
I'm going to sand and polish mine down. I'm removing the knurls, and taking off some of the top cap to lighten it up some. Also, i'm going to drill a bigger wick hole.

Sounds awesome! I've seen a few other posts mentioning polishing and removing the knurls but haven't come across any instructions. Think I'll see if I can find some. I would love to see some pics when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread