Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Stone age = deciding between a 901 or a 510 ecig, deciding whether to use aquarium filter material or pillow stuffing, and which one of 3 places to buy your liquid from, and praying it doesn't get stuck in customs and leave you high and dry.
rockymountain e-liquid anyone? mmmm kiwi strawberry flavored nicotine water.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I was a diehard mech user until just recently, not any more...a regulated Vape is so much more consistent and obviously allows you to dial in your sweet spot, some juices like a little more power, others less.

There's so many great quality reasonably priced regulated mods available it should be pretty easy to find one you can live with, be warned though...they can be habit forming, I just had numbers 4 & 5 show up this week.

A little late to this party, he's probably got half a dozen by now.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
I think about 85% of the people here have Never held one of those in their hands.

Or know what the term "Tailpipe-ing" means.

;)

Or if you were a carto guy like myself, whipping those .......s around in a weighted medicine bottle on a string to get the filler saturated properly. Or the carto bottom-fill condom method lol.
1.8 was a low-resistance carto and I remember buying them with a disclaimer that LR coils could damage your battery and shorten its life.
As for devices, I started with the usual stick batts and progressed to spinners but that didn't last long. I have used pretty much nothing but mechanicals for the last 3 years and just recently while shopping for new batteries I saw the RX200 on sale for $39. After a little reading I decided to get one so I could play around with the new gadgetry, and I'm looking forward to it even though my Reos will always be my go-to devices.
Long gone are the days of 20 watts for over $100. I was truly blown away. With technology at such a low price, I don't see any reason NOT to play on the other side of the fence for awhile. I don't see mechs vs. regulated as an "all or nothing" decision I have to make.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Or if you were a carto guy like myself, whipping those .......s around in a weighted medicine bottle on a string to get the filler saturated properly. Or the carto bottom-fill condom method lol.

Yeah... People came up with all Kinds of Crazy ways to Fill Cartos. Here is my Favorite.

spinner-jpg.6745

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've always been a 10 watt vaper since I started in 2010. I still have 306 atties and a stack of unused Boge Carto boxes in my backup stash. I recently ran across a box of blue aquarium foam and those little drink stirrers in the closet in a box with with my original Joye cigalikes and eGo 650mah 510's. :)

I'm still a 10W vaper with my Smok Koopor Plus 200W mod. It's all about battery life for me. Two 18650's in that mod get me from the morning into the late afternoon of the next day. If I carry 4 spare batts in a battery box I could easily be good for a long weekend.

Battery cases and a charger keep you going on any type mod. For me, VV vaping is all about keeping the same vape throughout the voltage drop of the batteries. I can set it and forget it until the batteries die and get the same vape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread