Another R4 E2 Cartomizer post... help if it has been answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadheadharry

Aug 19, 2010
USA
So fellas, I've had these new E2 R4 Cartomizers for about 2 weeks now... Nothing but terrible results... The R3 versions were working well and that is why I went for the new ones when they came out. These are the R4...

My issue is wicking... I thought maybe it was my 100% VG juice, so I switched to 100% PG and a mix of VG/PG. Regardless, it still doesn't wick properly. I fill the thing up and have let it sit for 1 hour to 5 days to allow the e-juice to absorb into the wick and still, after 3-7 drags, the coil is visibly turning red through the mouthpiece and I am getting a terrible taste.

I left my cartomizers standing upright(mouthpiece down) for a few days so it would absorb into the coiled section and still the same problem... put them battery side down, laying down, still, same issue.

I am going to try the teabag thing to see how that goes but what else could the issue be here?

Please let me know of any help as the technical thread is now beyond helpful as it is so many pages.

Thanks!

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I'm finding my R4's seem to be very sensitive to juice viscosity. I haven't tried 100% VG, my stuff is all 50/50. I found that blend somewhat difficult to even load in my hypo, (20ga needle). Started adding .1 mL at a time PGA until it would flow into the syringe. Don't have enough testing done to help you much yet. But, I think I went too far with the cuttin. Seems the liquid is a boilin now, and I'm getting little bitty liquid droplets being carried out the mouthpiece with a draw. And when I vape it far enough to overrun the wicking. . .the alcohol is creating a very hot vape. Prolly too high a alcohol percentage. Back to the drawing board, no pun intended. After an extended dwell time, it vapes a storm. These are 2.6 ohm cartos on a Li'l Sister, dialed to where she just fires, (about 5 o'clock position). Testing/trial 'n erroring continues. . .

When it's right it's utterly fantastic. Trick is to get it right all the time.

Cheers,
otrpu

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Your coils are turning red???? It takes me 5 min to get my coils to turn red when I dry burn and the carto is empty..... Wha voltage are u using? Seems to me that u are WAY to High in voltage.... As completely drying out the carto is very hard to do

For me with a new r4 or r3 it takes only 2-3 seconds for the coils to glow red using an eGo or 510. Naturally it takes longer if the coil is gunked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread