Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
EVERY video I've watched showed it glowing the coils! Google
I think it was even Suck my mod? that was using it to vape off of it! Several of them said it would make a decent table top mod. That was my whole reason for wanting it, to fiddle with coils and get them burnt in on a stable platform.
This it does.
I am getting the feeling that there is some mis communication here, maybe on my part. The ramp up that I was referring to was when you fired the coil, the digital display would show the coil ramping up, and then cooling down. You were watching the coil going from 0 to whatever ohms you have it built to.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I see now! I haven't seen that, I'm of the understanding it's either power or resistance, but not both at the same time. Now I have seen some vids where you could see the voltage and figure out sag on the battery while loading the battery.
I was thinking you couldn't power the coil and that was a huge fail for me! Sorry about that.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I contacted MVS concerning the version of my CM tab, and this was their reply.

"Thank you for contacting us. The Coilmaster 521 Tab that we stock are the original Coilmaster 521 Tab's. It does not have the pipe symbol in firing mode, but rather will display the voltage instead."

So there is a newer version? I dunno. This seems to be the one that is being sold at other places also, and is the one currently shown on CM's website.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I contacted MVS concerning the version of my CM tab, and this was their reply.

"Thank you for contacting us. The Coilmaster 521 Tab that we stock are the original Coilmaster 521 Tab's. It does not have the pipe symbol in firing mode, but rather will display the voltage instead."

So there is a newer version? I dunno. This seems to be the one that is being sold at other places also, and is the one currently shown on CM's website.

It sounds like you have the newer version with the red led display instead of the old oled screen. The newer version also has 'Coilmaster', written on the top circle in white.

Theres no real big difference between the two exept the screen and the rubber covers on the crocadile-clips are a little bigger and when you put it into 'fire' mode it battery voltage is displayed on the display instead of the pipe on the old version.

Love my CM521's.

Reactions: oplholik

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yup, that's it. This is really much better than building on my old small ohm checker, that moved around on me while tightening down post screws. This stays put a lot better. I like the magnetic bottom for getting to the battery also.
So it's sounding like a winner of a purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread