Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
This morning, with little else to do, I thought I'd work up a little comparison on the read outs of three of my toppers over 6 ohm readers I have so that I could compare what I have been using compared to the CM. So here it is. Make of it what you will. The round reader is what I have been building on before getting the CM. Subtract .3 from the DMM readings.
P1020382.JPG

Last edited:

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I watched a TVC video review on the GV 521. The bottom cover is held on with magnets. I don't mind that it doesn't have a usb charger but it would be nice to have a built in voltage indicator. Since I won't be using it as a mod, I would think that the battery charge would last weeks for the few coils that I do in a month. I have lots of 18650s. I don't go below .5 ohm and mostly want this as a building platform.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Been thinking really hard on that price! Wish they had the coil master in for the $29 price they have on it! My main goal is to get my DVM back out into the garage and have a little less crap on the table, I really like the idea of a "one and done" meter. I've been holding out for a couple more Pico's in the new colors, but I may just bite the bullet and order the coilmaster and a couple of batteries.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
OK, so I go to 101.vape, put the Geekvape in my cart, and grab some LG HB6 batteries, they are half off for a pair! Well, the wrapper on them is purple, the google search shows they should be a creamy brown? Is 101 worthy of buying batts from? I always use Illumination supply or RTD, but figured with the sale I'd save on shipping, but...........

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
OK, so I go to 101.vape, put the Geekvape in my cart, and grab some LG HB6 batteries, they are half off for a pair! Well, the wrapper on them is purple, the google search shows they should be a creamy brown? Is 101 worthy of buying batts from? I always use Illumination supply or RTD, but figured with the sale I'd save on shipping, but...........

I never ordered batts from 101, but it's kinda funny that their HB6's are purple. I would be kinda leery about that.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Well I got mine today, I have to say I'm disappointed so far. The test leads are pure JUNK!! Plug them in and hook them together and it goes from .23 to 3.5 ohm, to even nothing, depending on how you hold your tongue! Not impressed! I'll be going by the Radio Shack and try some other banana plug test leads, hopefully they work better?
As for the 510 connection, it seems to be spot on, I tested five known builds and it was the same as three other mods, so that's good.
I need to play with it some more and see how everything else fairs.

Reactions: Tom Waznis
I keep looking at these things and thinking it would be a nice thing to have, hold the atty for builds, power on board to heat and tweak coils, and a the built in ohm meter means I can leave my Mac meter in the garage so I can find it when I need it.
Any thoughts, problems, etc. with these units?

Like mine a lot. Much better than using a Mod. Good quality tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread