Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Here is what I can admit to that nicotine is not as addicting as you seem to believe it is for me and for many other folks.

And I can unequivocally say vaping for me, is NOT at all as addictive as cigarettes. I prove that to myself time and time again.
As far as I'm concerned it is not even up for debate that nicotine is not as addictive as people think it is.

When I was smoking, the first thing I did every day was have a cigarette.
And when I say first thing I mean first thing, every single day, for well over 20 years.

And if anyone tried to stop me from having a cigarette first thing in the morning...
Well, let's just say they would be doing so at their own risk.
:)

Nowadays I often don't even start vaping until the afternoon.
There is no way in hell that EVER would have happened with cigarettes.

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
Man, some of you guys are touchy about this.

I was debating writing anything in this thr...oh...wait...I mean...IT'S NOT WRITING. I'm using a keyboard and the interwebs. There is no PEN and PAPER. How can anyone call this WRITING?!

Definitions... You should read them on writing, smoke and vapor.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Wow. You really do resort to attacking those that don't agree with you.

Not a problem. You're on "ignore" now

WOW@ being ignored by you . LMAO

You Clearly don't know what an attack is or what smoke is and is not.
I stand 100% by what I said (ignored or not) YOU come on here being "holier than thou" and .....ing about others doing exactly that. Since YOU still smoke daily you seem to NEED to claim vaping IS smoking- sad yet not surprising-considering. Funny how You Think that YOU have the right to voice your opinions on others but that right belongs ONLY to You...

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Actually, this thing has been bugging me. None of us has quit.

We moved from burning leaves with nicotine to burning liquid with nicotine.

IMO, quitting is putting down the cigarette and bit replacing it with another nicotine delivery system.

All of us are a finger snap from analogs. You just don't want to admit it. Because if we have all truly quit, we can put down the PV permanently.

How many here can do that?

Hey, do what you want. I'm a Libertarian that way.

I smoke analogs and vape ( because I'm not taking an ecig onto the jobsites I visit)

I just take issue with the "holier than thou", ex smoker BS that a select few seem to spout on this site.

Wonder how many of US here could take THAT as an attack?

Last edited:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Wonder how many of US here could take THAT as an attack?

Yes, his posts were very inflammatory.

And, I take offense to his saying "none of us have quit". Correction. He has not quit. He still smokes analogs. Is this a case for him of misery loves company? lol

I prefer when others do not speak for me, as he has done by saying none of "us" have quit. Last I checked, I quit analogs almost two years ago, and haven't picked one up since. Seems he is the only one a finger snap away. If they suddenly banned e-cigs tomorrow, I have no desire to ever go back to smoking. I am done. I will never smell like that again and quite frankly, my lungs have cleared up so much I'd probably choke my guts out if I took a few puffs off of an analog.

Jim Bob, he clearly has a case of "i can poke at you, but when you poke back I go neener neener and put you on ignore". I would do the same with him. It's not worth the effort.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Man, some of you guys are touchy about this.

I was debating writing anything in this thr...oh...wait...I mean...IT'S NOT WRITING. I'm using a keyboard and the interwebs. There is no PEN and PAPER. How can anyone call this WRITING?!

Its called typing lmao :)

Good thing i have a family that believes i quit smoking and is happy for me and they are right i am not smoking and will never again.Not the case with one of my uncles though .He always trys to make me feel bad for vaping .Hes also a smoker . I think smokers are just jealous.

Last edited:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Its called typing lmao :)

Good thing i have a family that believes i quit smoking and is happy for me and they are right i am not smoking and will never again.Not the case with one of my uncles though .He always trys to make me feel bad for vaping .Hes also a smoker . I think smokers are just jealous.

I think you nailed it right on the head! Not all smokers, but yep, I surely think some are.

Deblym

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2012
Sask
I had this discussion with my smoking boyfriend the other night... Me: u still consider me a smoker? Him: yeah your still smoking me: but there's no smoke. Him: but your still using nicotine me: so if someone told u they quit smoking and was using a patch would you tell them they are still smoking? Him: umm mm yeah I guess so.

I love him but he ain't the most logical lol.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
It just gets kind of frustrating when people say that vaping is just as bad as smoking because of the nicotine. I then pull the Caffeine analogy and then they get all defensive on me saying its totally different. But in reality, it isn't.

Dontcha just love the 'armchair experts' who somehow seem to know more than ANYONE else does on ANY given subject, despite the fact that they do zero research on anything? I have a 'friend' like this, more like a friend of a friend, and he is constantly telling ME the facts about e-cigs. His source? Jibber jabber he hears around the break room at work. VERY annoying. I have finally asked him to please stop talking to me about it. Some people not only think they are an expert but scoff at anything you try to tell them that is factual.

He was recently singing the virtues of some new diet supplement and I asked him "what is your source for this information". His answer? A friend of his who is a vet assistant told him about it.

Well by golly gee, smack me with a feather. How dare I question a 'friend who heard this from a friend of a vet's assistant". Holy third party rubbish batman. OMG he kills me. lol The worst part is he never made any effort to verify this third hand information he is giving everyone.

Last edited:

rustybikes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Concord, NC
Ha. I use the nicotine == caffeine thing too. It's frustrating, though, 'cos cigarettes and nicotine have been conflated to the point that nicotine is what cigarettes are about, and they're deadly. Therefore, nicotine is deadly/dangerous/whatever. Yet another fact that has yet to become "common knowlege". Yes, the LD50 for nicotine is relatively low, but in the doses that we deal with, nicotine really is generally interchangeable with caffeine WRT its effects. Indeed, I normally have 2 cups of coffee before I leave for work in the morning. I've found that I can skip the second cup if I vape a little more than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread