Anyone using a Sophia with an IBTanked on their Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I've bought my Sohia's from both the House of mods in the UK and from By Leo in Greece. Price works out pretty close to the same with shipping from either.

The first of my SnP tanks is on its way from Domo Vapor Co in Portland, OR. Quick and easy from an authorized US dealer that has a reputation for exceptional customer service. https://domovaporco.com/

So much for the SnP tank from Domo. They sent me an email that they are and have been out of stock on them, that their web software and cart should not have let me order and pay for one, or sent me a comfirmed shipped email. So they cancelled my order. What they neglected to say was when they would be back in stock again, or if I would be informed to be first in line for one when they are. :( I'll try to find a European vendor with them in stock to buy the SnP's from.

So....... will be another 1 or 2 Sophia's ordered instead today from Leo (to go with the Sophia's order placed with them yesterday. Sent them an email to see if they'll add onto or combine the orders instead of having to pay shipping twice.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
So much awesome info. I am really glad I asked, haha. Thanks to everyone.

I am starting to notice people with multiple Sophias. Is that eventually needed? Or does it simply make it easier?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

How many Sophia's can be a correlation with how many tanks you own and want on-line at the same time.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Sry to thread bomb OP, :oops: but lots of these folks replying to you know I've been eyeing the Sophia a LONG time and waiting to pull the trigger when the prebuilt LR coils get back in stock. I've been waiting since before Christmas and about to just order but feel like the LR is going to give me the better vape.

For those of you Pros using the Sophia for awhile, are any of you getting from what I read in some threads the "muted lower notes of flavor in juices" taste w/the Sophia??? I know taste is subjective but this issue some are getting w/the Sophia makes me a slightly nervous. I love complex, smack your face flavors and would be highly disappointed if the only sweet notes comes out of a juice on the Sophia.

I feel at times this happens with carto tanks and it drives me crazy that a stupid clearo can sometimes produce more layers of flavor than a carto tank. I'm not sure if it's the PG/VG ratio, flavor itself or what causes this but it's weird. Perfect example is AVEs Gorilla Juice or Halos Voodoo for me.

I'm not experiencing muted flavors. Flavor, to me, is a function of power. Lower power brings out sweeter flavors, around 3.7v in the provari. Savory comes out around 4.1. Coffee flavors is best at 4.5 Tobaccos, 5v. Take a complex juice like Five pawns Gambit or Castle Long Reserve and I get different flavors accentuated at different voltages. As you said subjective for everyone. This is my experience with my taste buds. The Sophia gives better more saturated flavor than most devices at any voltage/flavor range.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
I can't wait to get one!! Those dang LR prebuilt coils have been out of stock for awhile. By the time they come in, the Sophia will probably be sold out. :facepalm:

I've used both premade LR and Med. I build both 1.5Ω and 2.8Ω too. I actually prefer the higher impedance coils. Just saying don't let the available coils hold you back. I think you'll enjoy either one.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
I recently received my (ΣΟΦΙΑ) atty. Being a long time user of the Diver v1 atty (and loving it), I am not yet convinced that
the (ΣΟΦΙΑ) supplies a higher quality vape than the Diver atty IMO. Maybe I need to use it a while longer.

EDIT: Flavor is crisp, clean. ΣΟΦΙΑ gives a warmer vape, I prefer a much cooler vape myself.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I waited for weeks for the vendor I was dealing with to get Divers back in stock. Got tired of waiting and bought Sophia's instead, and I'm already more than happy that I went with them even with the higher cost. The vape I get out of them I would call cool vapes with the liquids I've been running in them so far. With 1.8 coils 3.2V-3.7V has been more than enough power for really great F, more than enough TH & V. Taking the power up intensifies all three of them, but these liquids are good enough not to need that for me to really enjoy them. So as darkgear suggested, different strokes for different folks. When the vapemail gets here I'll have 4 that along with the other gear bought for them will more than keep my ProVari's all on-line daily. All the carto's I bought are already out of service. :cool:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
If you want INTENSE in your face flavor, get one of the stainless rebuild drip tips (like a Era Hornet clone)... holy moly... a small coil on one of those will pull out intensity that you can barely stand. I ended up diluting the juices for those, and ALSO only using them on the teeniest batteries I own, Ego-C... and it's still intense and in your face flavor with almost no vapor, no idea how that's possible.

Sry to thread bomb OP, :oops: but lots of these folks replying to you know I've been eyeing the Sophia a LONG time and waiting to pull the trigger when the prebuilt LR coils get back in stock. I've been waiting since before Christmas and about to just order but feel like the LR is going to give me the better vape.

For those of you Pros using the Sophia for awhile, are any of you getting from what I read in some threads the "muted lower notes of flavor in juices" taste w/the Sophia??? I know taste is subjective but this issue some are getting w/the Sophia makes me a slightly nervous. I love complex, smack your face flavors and would be highly disappointed if the only sweet notes comes out of a juice on the Sophia.

I feel at times this happens with carto tanks and it drives me crazy that a stupid clearo can sometimes produce more layers of flavor than a carto tank. I'm not sure if it's the PG/VG ratio, flavor itself or what causes this but it's weird. Perfect example is AVEs Gorilla Juice or Halos Voodoo for me.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
If you want INTENSE in your face flavor, get one of the stainless rebuild drip tips (like a Era Hornet clone)... holy moly... a small coil on one of those will pull out intensity that you can barely stand. I ended up diluting the juices for those, and ALSO only using them on the teeniest batteries I own, Ego-C... and it's still intense and in your face flavor with almost no vapor, no idea how that's possible.

Thx for the info and searching now..I take it that it has Ego threading? I don't own any ego thread PVs but for a couple of bucks, maybe worth it. I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to taste flavors or if I can find a strong one, I get the "muted taste" thing quite quickly.

Not full blown vapors tongue (had that twice and know exactly what that's all about) but just a very muted taste on my fav juices quick. It drives me insane!!! So I have to rotate tanks like a mad woman, making a huge list of different tanks I want to get because I need to rotate so often and I drink so much water that I may need to build a lake in my back yard so dehydration isn't the issue.

My perfect world right now would have to be 12-15 ProVaris and 25-30 high quality tanks/various toppers :facepalm: just so I can switch up flavors daily.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Thx for the info and searching now..I take it that it has Ego threading? I don't own any ego thread PVs but for a couple of bucks, maybe worth it. I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to taste flavors or if I can find a strong one, I get the "muted taste" thing quite quickly.

Not full blown vapors tongue (had that twice and know exactly what that's all about) but just a very muted taste on my fav juices quick. It drives me insane!!! So I have to rotate tanks like a mad woman, making a huge list of different tanks I want to get because I need to rotate so often and I drink so much water that I may need to build a lake in my back yard so dehydration isn't the issue.

My perfect world right now would have to be 12-15 ProVaris and 25-30 high quality tanks/various toppers :facepalm: just so I can switch up flavors daily.

I don't know about the Era Hornet clone, but Indy vapor has the original Era hormet, and it is 510 threaded.

Easily Rebuildable Atomizer - ERA - ERA / Hornet Rebuildable Atomizer & Accessories

I don't have the Era one, but I did buy the other one, that they have, witch is the Cyclone RDA, and this was my first Rebuildable, easy to build, and easy to change flavors, I have not used it much, sense I got my Leo Dripper and my sophia's, but its still a good one.

Cyclone Rebuildable Atomizer & Accessories - Mods - VV - VW -Mechanical - Rebuildables

KAS

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY

If you ever try dripping with a RDA, so many tanks will taste muted. The flavor produced from dripping is just intense. The problem I had was when I built my micro coils, the throat hit was so profound, I didn't enjoy it, regardless of the flavor.
I ended up enjoying tanks more because I can still get great flavor, with just a bit more work while tooting on my tanks, and the juice is a lot more controllable. To gain more flavor I simply take 3-4 quick drags and then one long one. Keep in mind this is on an iClear 30B as I am waiting to drive back to TN to get my vape mail, including my new tank and Sophia.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I'm not experiencing muted flavors. Flavor, to me, is a function of power. Lower power brings out sweeter flavors, around 3.7v in the provari. Savory comes out around 4.1. Coffee flavors is best at 4.5 Tobaccos, 5v. Take a complex juice like Five pawns Gambit or Castle Long Reserve and I get different flavors accentuated at different voltages. As you said subjective for everyone. This is my experience with my taste buds. The Sophia gives better more saturated flavor than most devices at any voltage/flavor range.

I was curious what the difference in vape or setup is with hollow vs solid ecowool wick??
Also, I have a slight problem with the Sophia but I am managing through it. Does anyone have a couple red orings they would sell me so I wouldn't have to order from Greece!! It appears I nicked it, please PM me if anyone has a couple extra, if not, I'll reorder at some time and pay it back!! Thanks

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
I was curious what the difference in vape or setup is with hollow vs solid ecowool wick??
Also, I have a slight problem with the Sophia but I am managing through it. Does anyone have a couple red orings they would sell me so I wouldn't have to order from Greece!! It appears I nicked it, please PM me if anyone has a couple extra, if not, I'll reorder at some time and pay it back!! Thanks

Get them from here

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Thanks Dark, I thought they were 9x11x1.5 but you think 9x11x1, I will order those.....also, any comments on the ecowool wicks and how the solid versus hollow core wicks perform?

The O-ring supplied with Sophia is a pretty hard to find red silicone 9 x 1.5mm... (linked above) The SnP uses 9 x 1.0mm. I picked up a pack of those here. Silicone Oring 9 x 1mm Price for 25 pcs - Orings and More

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ttys-mods-drip-tips-tanks-3.html#post11025180

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread