1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Battery severely drained

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by TimV30, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TimV30

TimV30 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is not my battery, I am checking on this for my ex. She has a smok zmax and some red efest 18650s. she was using a cheap generic charger that broke. She was charging one of the batteries and she said it never showed charged.

I took the battery and it would not charge on my nitecore i4. So I measured the voltage and it is reading .1 volts. I know the battery is shot. It was on the charger and came off dead. is it possible that it entered thermal runaway and vented without anyone knowing or blowing up. I would like for her to avoid this in the future. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

If the battery vented or blew up I'm sure she would know about it. I suggest she throw that battery away and get a better charger like your nitecore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.