Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I have several VV and VW PV's and my favorite is the Smoktech Groove. It is a VV/VW box mod that has a 3800 Mah Li-Polymer Battery that lasts me four days. I usually recharge overnight after three days just to make sure it doesn't run down during the day. I use the same charger as my cellphone so it is handy when I'm traveling I only need one charger. I also have a MVP but I like the Groove much better. It has many more features plus I like the top fire button for comfortable vaping. Combine it with a Kanger Protank and you are good to go!:)

I hope your Groove doesn't do this....

http://www.grimmgreen.com/post/52555013710/smoktech-groove-warning-derek-from-facebook

Looks as if you have a relic, since Smoktech has recalled them....Can't find the Groove anywhere on their website. Just be sure to put on your asbestos gloves when you vape....:blink:

Last edited:

Tony M

Nov 18, 2013
Oklahoma City, Ok
Great comparison chart, thank you Tony M for all the work . Very informative! However, in the description Vamo v2 and v3 (did not check others), stated that " This device is not compatible with protected batteries." I had impression that it is not safe to use unprotected batteries in mods. Makes me wander now... I was so sold on getting Vamo for myself until this popped up :-( What do you think ?

The devices are already protected with their circuit board. Provari, Itaste and vamos all. No need to be using protective batteries in something that is for the most part better protected then a protective battery has in it.

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
You've obviously never operated or used a Provari or you would not make such statements. You don't need to click the button 8 times to adjust voltage. Regardless, many people do prefer a single button control. Less chance to accidentally change the voltage with one button, less chance for additional parts to dysfunction or break. It takes most people only 5 minutes to learn a single button format.

And most Provari owners have more confidence in a product that is better made to last and will have lifetime support for their product. You won't get that with a Vamo. Go ahead and buy that less expensive Vamo....again....and again. By the time you buy 3 - 4 of them over time you'll ask yourself why didn't you just spend the money on a Provar from the start. I read about it all the time.

True story. Living proof.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
If you're looking for best vv mod it'll really depend on your vaping style
I don't drip and prefer regulated mods, I have 0 desire to drip.or subohm, just not my thing.
That said I would have to go with either a dna30 or a provari.
Neither have a voltage drop and both run at a high frequency. Both are expensive if you want the same cape performance or setting close I would say the MVP 2 or even a sigelei sx20 (clone of DNA20 chip)
The DNAs and MVP give you variable wattage in addition to voltage.
I have one of each and the vape performance is similar. I will say the build quality of the provari is exponentially better than any of them; unless you bring in the zen30, seen one, used one, don't own one.
I've had what some call the 33.3 chip devices-a chip that uses pulse width modulation and basically if you set for 4 volts the ax runs up to 8 then to zero to give you your 4 - basically they average everything out to get you where you set.
The Devices I mentions give you what you set and nothing else- pure vaping perfection-IMHO
And out of all the one that does not have vw in edition to vv is the provari and I still use it almost exclusively as it's a workhorse, never let's me down, never gives me an issue and always works, dropped in sink-run over, it's indestructible.
And has paid for itself several times over through things that's would have killed almost anything else.
And it's still nice and shiny too.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Note to self. Pay more attention to detail. Most of this thread is a year old...:facepalm:

Hahaha- thanks for letting me know talk about males feel lame

y6u7yzy9.jpg

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
:vapor::vapor:...yall provari guys are way to serious....

You misspelled "smug" and voicing their opinions based on what was on the market 2 years ago.

There are dozens of vaporizers that are light years ahead of the Provari's at this point. Their warranty and service are bulletproof, but I don't buy a product with breaking it in mind.

It's a fine vaporizer, but the Provari zealots are intolerable.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
You misspelled "smug" and voicing their opinions based on what was on the market 2 years ago.

There are dozens of vaporizers that are light years ahead of the Provari's at this point. Their warranty and service are bulletproof, but I don't buy a product with breaking it in mind.

Amen brother

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014

WoW dude; really?
Dozens?
so ummmmm outside of warranty and price point what makes one better than another?
And of there are dozens please list a few?
Zealot: noun
a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
synonyms:fanatic, enthusiast, extremist, radical, young Turk, diehard, true believer, activist, militant; More

Ummmm I don't see where anyone was fanatical and most if not all of us stated that what you were after and what suits YOUR baling style.

It's starting to seem like people who hate provari just hate provari because someone else does but they have no real reason to do so.

But please list the mods that are "better" than privari and why they are. -NOT INCLUDING SUBOHMING it's not built for that and most of us freely disclose it is not so no it wouldn't be the best choice because it does not suit your vaping style:

Kills me how someone can bash some device because it won't perform the way they want it to despite it not being built for that. Vaping is not a one size fits all. There are several different styles of vaping and several different mods for each style. A lady I used to work with switched 3 years ago and still uses egos and clearos exclusively, it works for her. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, SHE IS HAPPY SND THAYS WHAT MATTERS. My fiancé vaped on cigalikes for 6 months, and she was happy with that, she just recently switched to an MVP and aero only because of the increased battery life she's happy I'm happy. If someone prefers to drip odds are they are gonna be on a mech; if they are happy who am I to go off half cocked and treat them like poop because they aren't on a regulated mod. My buddy spent a hunch of money on a zna30, he likes it, I'm happy for him. I spent allot of money onto provari because it supports the way I vape and it makes me happy.

After that diatribe I'm sorry that you are not happy with where myself and people like myself spend out money.

Last edited:

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I am curious, how many of them can you name?

Any MOD with straight DC-DC, for one. That includes DNA20/30, anything Sigelei 20W, Any MOD based on the SXxxx family of chips, OKC chips, raptor chips . . .

To hold on to the myth that the Provari is still the most technologically advanced APV on earth demonstrates exactly my point.

Last edited:

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I'm REALLY looking forward to a side-by-side comparison of a ProVari and an eVic Supreme. One should be out soon...

Haven't heard anything about the evic supremes performance other than pbusardos statement of "some things about this really piss me off"
Which may not have anything to do with its
Performance. I'm more curious about its build quality. Joyetechs devices have always had good "performance" as far as vale production and flavor I've owned a few in the past. Everyone I've owned though has had crappy build production. Granted I am rough on gear, I drop ...., run .... over so nothing I've had from them has held up throughy treatment other than the MVPs and provaris.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Any MOD with straight DC-DC, for one. That includes DNA20/30, anything Sigelei 20W, Any MOD based on the SXxxx family of chips, OKC chips, raptor chips . . .
Two of these four don't do step down regulation at all. That doesn't exactly qualify as "light years ahead" in my book, but we're all different.

To hold on to the myth that the Provari is still the most technologically advanced APV on earth demonstrates exactly my point.
Who did that?

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I just did an early review of mine, and my closing line was "Overall, the eVic Supreme is really quite amazing. I've had cars with fewer features, anvils that weren't as tough, and cigarette lighters that were more complicated to operate. I consider it to be $160 well spent."

I haven't found anything that peeves me about it yet though, and I've been all through mine.

Maybe Paul got an alpha copy. :p

I'm just really looking forward to an objective side-by-side. Not because I think one is built better than the other, but just because I really want to know what the specific differences are in build quality between them, regardless of which is the tougher device. I don't yet own a Provari, and I want to know what to expect using a common point of reference before spending more than I did on my eVic-S.

In the meantime, I'm off to use my eVic-S to hammer some nails, then to vape me some Black Ice as I relax the rest of the evening. :)

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Svoemesto Semovar.

I've heard good things about that one. Looking at the specs, it seems to have a slightly lower ohm limit than the ProVari, plus VW, and a "vapetime counter". Is that what makes it light years ahead of the Provari, or did I miss something?

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I just did an early review of mine, and my closing line was "Overall, the eVic Supreme is really quite amazing. I've had cars with fewer features, anvils that weren't as tough, and cigarette lighters that were more complicated to operate. I consider it to be $160 well spent."

I haven't found anything that peeves me about it yet though, and I've been all through mine.

Maybe Paul got an alpha copy. :p

I'm just really looking forward to an objective side-by-side. Not because I think one is built better than the other, but just because I really want to know what the specific differences are in build quality between them, regardless of which is the tougher device. I don't yet own a Provari, and I want to know what to expect using a common point of reference before spending more than I did on my eVic-S.

In the meantime, I'm off to use my eVic-S to hammer some nails, then to vape me some Black Ice as I relax the rest of the evening. :)

What freq. does is it run at on the scope

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
WoW dude; really?

... a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
synonyms:fanatic, enthusiast, extremist, radical, young Turk, diehard, true believer, activist, militant; More...

And you qualify! See below...

Ummmm I don't see where anyone was fanatical ...

Dude/dudette, I noticed your join date is March this year. Too bad ya haven't done any historic ECF searches to determine your semi-rant is quite humorous and an old worn topic!

...where myself and people like myself spend out money.

Aren't ya'll '$pecial'...
spend.gif

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread