Can e-cigs cause any problems with drug tests?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by just4747, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. just4747

just4747 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a 5 panel drug test (urine test {MODERATED}) tomorrow or Wednesday for a new, big job I start next week. I do not do any drugs, {MODERATED}, nothing. Is anything contained in e-smoking liquids going to trip any alarms or make me fail any of those tests? I would think not but I just want to be sure since I don't know too much about these tests. Thanks.

2. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

If there are, its too late anyways unfortunately. 24 hours isn't enough time to flush your system ... :(

But no, you should have zero issues :) ... unless of course ... you have a friend by the name of {MODERATED} ...

3. just4747

just4747 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Haha it makes me nervous that you even said "if there are, it's too late anyways.." LoL, don't scare me! I really hope nothing happens or I'm fuXXored haha..

But no, no drug habits :)

4. MagusSteele

MagusSteele Super Member ECF Veteran

NorthCoast, Cleveland, OH, USA, Terra, Sol System
    Unless your Vapeing HTC you should be fine :p

As long as they are not looking for Nicotine, then they wont find anything. (at least not from E-cigs, hehe)

5. youfillintheblank

youfillintheblank Super Member ECF Veteran

Stay away from poppyseeds! Remeber that Seinfeld episode? It IS true, they can cause a false positive, I think I saw it on Mythbusters. You should be okay with e-cigs. Good luck with your new gig! I'm in the job market as well, sucks sometimes.

What do wanna bet that someone out there has already invented e-{MODERATED}?

6. ApOsTle51

ApOsTle51 Moved On ECF Veteran

i have random drug and alcohol screening for my job too . I havent hsd one since i started e-smoking so i'd like to see the outcome of your test.

i'm sure it'll be fine though, there's nothing in the liquid that isnt food grade or safe to ingest in the right dose.

just remember how many nasty things you where inhaling with real ciggies.....

7. mEtoke2

mEtoke2 Senior Member ECF Veteran

As a precaution, in the drug test paperwork where they ask what medications you take, I would list Propylene glycol as one. Just for the way out chance that it would cause a false positive on something. I also get drug tested for my job but havn't been since I started e-smoking. I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

8. ApOsTle51

just4747 , got your results back yet, still interested to hear the outcome.

9. NathanS

NathanS Super Member ECF Veteran

I can say NO! I was drug tested about a week ago and the results came back fine.

10. Frankie

Frankie Super Member ECF Veteran

Off-topic question: What happens if you score positive? I used both opiates and amphetamines legally. I still have some in my med cabinet.

11. dnakr

dnakr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't know about everyone, but our company policy is, if you test positive, you better be able to back it up with a doctor's note or you will lose your job.

12. ApOsTle51

you should be asked before the test is taken if you are on any medication.

thanks Nathan BTW

: drug tests
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.