Can I microwave my ejuice to speed up steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I want to mention a way I speed steeping juice when I'm in a hurry.
Was discussed in another thread.
I have around an hour drive to work in the morning. I will put a fresh mix bottle on my defroster. Low fan and medium heat. Basically driving shakes it and the heat thins it. Lazy/cheap man's ultrasonic lol.
Just don't leave it on your dash as long term sun etc is an issue.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I want to mention a way I speed steeping juice when I'm in a hurry.
Was discussed in another thread.
I have around an hour drive to work in the morning. I will put a fresh mix bottle on my defroster. Low fan and medium heat. Basically driving shakes it and the heat thins it. Lazy/cheap man's ultrasonic lol.
Just don't leave it on your dash as long term sun etc is an issue.
Great idea, thank you! I am also looking forward to summer and the free steeping my glove box will provide :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
That link sent me to a post "Lock out your kids" I didn't see anything about steeping there...?

Something wrong on your end, link goes where intended on my phone & laptop.
You do understand many e liquids including DIY don't need or improve with steeping.
Shake the bejubus out of them, let stand with bottle top off until bubbles dissipate, givem a try.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Something wrong on your end, link goes where intended on my phone & laptop.
You do understand many e liquids including DIY don't need or improve with steeping.
Shake the bejubus out of them, let stand with bottle top off until bubbles dissipate, givem a try.
You're right, it's working now that I am on my computer

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
That link sent me to a post "Lock out your kids" I didn't see anything about steeping there...?

Odd it's working on my end and someone else just tried it in this thread and got to the steeping blog. Something must be wrong on your end.

Edit:

See you got it ironed out so disregard.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Being way too traditional I just plan a month in advance and mix up a new batch. Right now, I 'm vaping November and December's juices. Sometimes, the two month old batch seems better than the month old batch until the month old batch has time to mature a little more.

I have a January 20th batch of six 50ml glass bottles sitting and steeping at room temp as we speak. Those will be used starting around the end of February and on into March.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Being way too traditional I just plan a month in advance and mix up a new batch. Right now, I 'm vaping November and December's juices. Sometimes, the two month old batch seems better than the month old batch until the month old batch has time to mature a little more.

I have a January 20th batch of six 50ml glass bottles sitting and steeping at room temp as we speak. Those will be used starting around the end of February and on into March.

Sounds like you are great at planning! My first ever diy was the week before Xmas. They're ready now!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Seed steeping is a wonderful tool. Save 10% of your old mature juice and add your new juice to it. It will mature in 2 - 3 days. Procedure is in my blog.

I definitely plan on incorporating seed steeping in to my diy routine. It especially makes sense for the 3 (out of 15!) recipes that turned out decent

Reactions: Darth Omerta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread