Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Okay... you're right... I misspoke. It's not impossible, but the odds against it are, to quote one of my favorite movies "... tro nomical"

All I know is If I knew 8 Vapers, and 3 of them got Throat Cancer, I would think that the Planets were in Solar Alignment or something. And I would Rush Out and buy a Bunch of Lotto Tickets.

But I Wouldn't go Ocean Swimming. Especially if it was Cloudy and the Chance of Thunder Storms was Eminent.

;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I would class it as likely as being hit by an elephant that was skydiving and the chute didn't open on the fifth Thursday in February not in a Leap Year while dancing the polka in the rain wearing a straw hat.

What are you Talking about? I know 6 People that that happened to them.

OK... Well... One was Wearing a Baseball Cap. And Two of them Weren't wearing hats at All.

But that still leaves 3.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I used to work with an oncologist (taking surgical photographs) who told me the only substances in the world not cancerous are those so toxic they kill you before a tumor can grow. Moderation is the key. That said, and while there are, as yet, no double-blind studies done; it is self evident tobacco tars are cancerous, and vaping does away with those for former smokers.

That's true, but the cumulative damage doesn't go away -- any of us could still get lung cancer just because we smoked for years. Or just because. So many things in the world are carcinogenic, and we indulged in lengthy use of one of the primary ones.

Andria

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
That's true, but the cumulative damage doesn't go away -- any of us could still get lung cancer just because we smoked for years. Or just because. So many things in the world are carcinogenic, and we indulged in lengthy use of one of the primary ones.

Andria
Oh, no doubt. Still, you know why cancer gets so many of us, whether we smoke (or smoked) or not? Doctors, that's why. Sounds crazy, I know, but doctors cause cancer. They have done this by doubling human life expectancy in the last 2 or 3 centuries. Before that time, we all died of old age, or accident, or overwork, or illness, long before cancer could get us. Just as soon as they get a handle on cancer, humanity will find a different scourge to die from, I confidently predict.

Reactions: awsum140

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Oh, no doubt. Still, you know why cancer gets so many of us, whether we smoke (or smoked) or not? Doctors, that's why. Sounds crazy, I know, but doctors cause cancer. They have done this by doubling human life expectancy in the last 2 or 3 centuries. Before that time, we all died of old age, or accident, or overwork, or illness, long before cancer could get us. Just as soon as they get a handle on cancer, humanity will find a different scourge to die from, I confidently predict.

Heh... I personally think doctors are hazardous to health for an entirely different reason: they're BP pimps -- what they're all BEST at is reaching for that prescription pad. They've got pills for pills, and pills for those pills too. I'm firmly of the opinion that the main reasons my health is generally very good (aside from my asthma) even though I'm in my mid-50s is 1) not becoming obese, and 2) having no health insurance since 2006, so I can't be trotting off to the doc with every hangnail, so they have very little chance at inflicting those pills on me.

Everytime I do have to go to the doc, for my asthma checkups... about a week later, I'm sick with *something* that I probably picked up at the doc's office... sick people go there and spread their nasty germs all around!

Andria

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Awe man, Im stressing out, EVERYTHING might cause cancer. Oh wait, they say the number one factor in cancer causing things is STRESS... I guess Im done for , so for now I'll just vape and try to reduce the bad things as much as I can.
Sound thinking. Vape on.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nicotine does not cause cancer, but it is suspected of encouraging the growth of existing tumors. In other words, if cancer is diagnosed and you wish to heal or live as long as possible, then stay away from nicotine.

This is Something that Very Few People talk about here on the ECF. And it seems that the Benchmark is Always "Causing" Cancer.

But Cancer many times a Natural Occurrence. And a Healthy Body can Many times do a Good Job of Fighting Cancer.

Some believe that Nicotine inhibits the Bodies Ability to Fight some Cancers/Tumors. And can, as you mentioned, promote Tumor Growth.

It all depends on what Studies you Read.

Reactions: Lessifer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread