Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Petition · U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products · Change.org

If you're looking for some way to be proactive about the upcoming regs, instead of waiting to see just how bad it's going to be, I've started this petition. Perhaps we can get the idea out there to congress, and the non-vaping public, that vaping is NOT tobacco and should not fall under the same rules and regulations.

If you agree, sign, share, let's get this out there!

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I tried signing up twice, won't process. Argh! (I don't use FB for online stuff). Tried signing it, "error occurred" Argh!
The change.org site was having issues all day, it took me 5 tries to get the thing up there.

azb8496

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
VA, USA
I will sign it and hope it takes off.

I think this a great idea and commend you for doing this. It brightened my day to see someone start a petition and others to support it. I have a couple ideas that I think could help this really take off.

I wanted to share this on FB, but think we could make this more appealing and ultimately obtain more traction if it's tweaked a little. It reads a bit long, and if we want to attract the attention from all Americans for something they may only have a moment to read, it would be better to be more succinct. A somewhat emotional story might foster more public inclusiveness as well. For instance, a brief 3-5 sentence story about the reasoning behind the invention of the electronic cigarette followed by something that pulls people together, like 'we feel that both the birth and the pursued end goals of this industry are noble. It is because of this belief that we petition our government to consider the effects that the proposed FDA'... and so on.

I hope you'll take my advice under consideration. I very much appreciate your ideas and action to follow through with a petition for us.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I will sign it and hope it takes off.

I think this a great idea and commend you for doing this. It brightened my day to see someone start a petition and others to support it. I have a couple ideas that I think could help this really take off.

I wanted to share this on FB, but think we could make this more appealing and ultimately obtain more traction if it's tweaked a little. It reads a bit long, and if we want to attract the attention from all Americans for something they may only have a moment to read, it would be better to be more succinct. A somewhat emotional story might foster more public inclusiveness as well. For instance, a brief 3-5 sentence story about the reasoning behind the invention of the electronic cigarette followed by something that pulls people together, like 'we feel that both the birth and the pursued end goals of this industry are noble. It is because of this belief that we petition our government to consider the effects that the proposed FDA'... and so on.

I hope you'll take my advice under consideration. I very much appreciate your ideas and action to follow through with a petition for us.

I did think about taking that route, but I took a look at the previous attempts and they were short and basically an appeal of vaping saves lives, don't ban it, and they didn't take off. I wanted to get as much information out there as possible without being an overload, and while it might be a bit long, I'm hoping it's not TOO long. I'm also thinking, whenever someone shares it on FB they can write their own 2-3 sentence intro to get their friends and family to read it.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Looks like it just hit 500!

Where you say, 'By rejecting the classification of vapor products as tobacco products we can:' you should add '5) Allow for the continued innovation and refinement of products currently on the market.'

azb8496

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
VA, USA
I respect your position. I have one more suggestion if you don't mind my intended constructive criticism. For me, specifically, the second paragraph stating "we, the members of the vaping community" felt a bit too exclusive for me to share with my non-vaping friends on FB. I thought it might unnecessarily make some people feel alienated and possibly leave them feeling disconnected from the cause and future causes I might endorse.

Don't get me wrong though; I think what you're doing is excellent and I wholeheartedly support you in your efforts.:thumbs:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I respect your position. I have one more suggestion if you don't mind my intended constructive criticism. For me, specifically, the second paragraph stating "we, the members of the vaping community" felt a bit too exclusive for me to share with my non-vaping friends on FB. I thought it might unnecessarily make some people feel alienated and possibly leave them feeling disconnected from the cause and future causes I might endorse.

Don't get me wrong though; I think what you're doing is excellent and I wholeheartedly support you in your efforts.:thumbs:

Yeah, I tried at least four different versions of that paragraph and it always felt too wordy, or like I left someone out, or... so I finally just had to go with it. I did add in the "including friends and family" bit :) but I know what you're saying.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Looks like it just hit 500!

Where you say, 'By rejecting the classification of vapor products as tobacco products we can:' you should add '5) Allow for the continued innovation and refinement of products currently on the market.'
I like it, I added it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread