The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Change {dot} org petition for congress to reject the deeming regs

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Lessifer, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Petition · U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products · Change.org

If you're looking for some way to be proactive about the upcoming regs, instead of waiting to see just how bad it's going to be, I've started this petition. Perhaps we can get the idea out there to congress, and the non-vaping public, that vaping is NOT tobacco and should not fall under the same rules and regulations.

If you agree, sign, share, let's get this out there!

• Like Like x 17
  2. Lessifer

41 signatures so far, I've been sharing to every fb group I have access to. Any help you can provide to get this out there would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sir2fyablyNutz

Sir2fyablyNutz ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    I tried signing up twice, won't process. Argh! (I don't use FB for online stuff). Tried signing it, "error occurred" Argh!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Signed and shared with both Facebook and twitter. :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Perhaps a "Cookie" Issue?

Cookies... LOL

• Like Like x 3
  6. Scottitude

Scottitude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Metro Detroit
    Signed and tweeted.

I don't do FB.

Thanks, Lessifer!

• Like Like x 3
  7. BuGlen

BuGlen Divergent ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Tampa, Florida
    Signed and shared.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lessifer

The change.org site was having issues all day, it took me 5 tries to get the thing up there.

• Like Like x 2
  9. motordude

motordude Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2015
    VA, USA
    73 signatures now!

You ROCK Lessifer!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lessifer

111 now :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I'm showing 227

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Signed and shared. 379 supporters. :)

• Like Like x 4
  13. azb8496

azb8496 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    VA, USA
    I will sign it and hope it takes off.

I think this a great idea and commend you for doing this. It brightened my day to see someone start a petition and others to support it. I have a couple ideas that I think could help this really take off.

I wanted to share this on FB, but think we could make this more appealing and ultimately obtain more traction if it's tweaked a little. It reads a bit long, and if we want to attract the attention from all Americans for something they may only have a moment to read, it would be better to be more succinct. A somewhat emotional story might foster more public inclusiveness as well. For instance, a brief 3-5 sentence story about the reasoning behind the invention of the electronic cigarette followed by something that pulls people together, like 'we feel that both the birth and the pursued end goals of this industry are noble. It is because of this belief that we petition our government to consider the effects that the proposed FDA'... and so on.

I hope you'll take my advice under consideration. I very much appreciate your ideas and action to follow through with a petition for us.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lessifer

I did think about taking that route, but I took a look at the previous attempts and they were short and basically an appeal of vaping saves lives, don't ban it, and they didn't take off. I wanted to get as much information out there as possible without being an overload, and while it might be a bit long, I'm hoping it's not TOO long. I'm also thinking, whenever someone shares it on FB they can write their own 2-3 sentence intro to get their friends and family to read it.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Cullin Kin

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Looks like it just hit 500!

Where you say, 'By rejecting the classification of vapor products as tobacco products we can:' you should add '5) Allow for the continued innovation and refinement of products currently on the market.'

• Like Like x 6
  16. azb8496

azb8496 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    VA, USA
    I respect your position. I have one more suggestion if you don't mind my intended constructive criticism. For me, specifically, the second paragraph stating "we, the members of the vaping community" felt a bit too exclusive for me to share with my non-vaping friends on FB. I thought it might unnecessarily make some people feel alienated and possibly leave them feeling disconnected from the cause and future causes I might endorse.

Don't get me wrong though; I think what you're doing is excellent and I wholeheartedly support you in your efforts.:thumbs:

• Like Like x 5
  17. WindyCityJoe

WindyCityJoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Great job Lessifer, up to 588 sigs.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lessifer

Yeah, I tried at least four different versions of that paragraph and it always felt too wordy, or like I left someone out, or... so I finally just had to go with it. I did add in the "including friends and family" bit :) but I know what you're saying.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Cullin Kin

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Never thanked you... Thank you for doing this Lessifer!!!!!!!! :)

ETA: This petition is exploding! Awesome. :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lessifer

I like it, I added it

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.