Status
Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
So it would appear that the batch number (on the bottom of the charger) also makes a difference. I have batch D401210000E (the 'E' just stands for European, I guess).
Would you (or anyone interested) be willing to contact Nitecore about this? Just asking. If so, you could say something like this. I'd like to know the batch number of the models (i.e. D2/D4) that started accepted a 20700. Or word it however you will. It can't hurt to ask.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Ok interesting.. Mine are the same model Flashlight information reviewed.

I will amend my post above..

I am 100% sure about the efest LucV6 though, it's not even *close* to fitting. It's a large margin out.

do you guys where they work in the NC, have a tight squeeze or is it easy? In the xtar/soshine/opus it's super easy.

I have to say, i am head over heels with this opus charger.. It does proper mah tests (charge, discharge then charge), and can do 2 amp charging on 2 channels or 4x1 amp, and the batteries stay more cool than any of my other chargers (because of the built in fan). It charged my AA's better than all the others too.. My D2 takes forever to terminate and when i put them in a battery candle, it had half the glow of alkaline AA's.. with the OPUS the recharged batteries are just as bright as the alkaline disposables. Great charger. I tested all 3 of my aspire 2500 mah batteries doing the full test, and they came out to 2514 mah, so I am guessing it does a good job at that too. Room to spare with the 20700's, no fidgeting required.

I have been very disappointed with the nitecores of late, and i loved them before hand. I even started a thread to say how amazing the UM20 was for the price, and i used it 8 times before one of the springs busted completely - useless now. My D2 has butter springs but the D4 sends batteries flying across the room they are that stiff.. both checked for magnet test and code to make sure they are legit.

Disappointed in the luc V6 though.. because I actually searched to try find the slot length and no one had the info.. BUT at Flashlight information i was able to find that the V4 and Blu6 were both over 70mm, so i presumed the LucV6 would be too. I was so wrong. Still, for charging 6x18650 at the same time, it's worth it for that i suppose.

Reactions: 100%VG

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I purchased a Nitecore NEW i4 despite that my Ijoy 20700 batteries fit in my older Nitecore D4. It's because the wrap rubs slightly against the contacts of the D4, and, with four of these batteries in the D4 the whole thing kind of looks like it's all been molded into place, whereas in the NEW i4 (not to be confused with the i4) there is some actual breathing space around them.

the new I4 also lists 20700 as officially compatible on NC's site, whereas the D series don't. Have you had any issues ripping the wraps?

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Liitokala engineer lii-500, and its a great analytical charger also. Fasttech has them for $25 and free shipping plus I got mine in one week. China to Chicago in a week with free shipping and $25 for a $50 charger :shock: that fits 20700. That's a sweet deal and I'm happy as a clam. The $50 charger comment is just my estimation of what the charger is worth. Amazon has them for $79.95 just to give y'all some perspective.:2c:
Review of Charger LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500

good review of it.

Seems like a great charger, thanks for the heads up!

Over here i only buy the stuff certified for Australian safety, even if it has a switching 100-240 supply.. they do a bunch of extra testing here and modify things to make sure it passes the strict standards.. besides a USB one, i am too scared to buy an American charger. Just a personal thing, of course! But it does look like a lovely charger!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Review of Charger LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500

good review of it.

Seems like a great charger, thanks for the heads up!

Over here i only buy the stuff certified for Australian safety, even if it has a switching 100-240 supply.. they do a bunch of extra testing here and modify things to make sure it passes the strict standards.. besides a USB one, i am too scared to buy an American charger. Just a personal thing, of course! But it does look like a lovely charger!
That review is part of the reason I decided to get the liitokala charger. So far I'm very happy with my purchase, it seems like a great charger. If you were saying that you don't buy American chargers therefore you wouldn't buy the liitokala, it isn't American made. Liitokala is a Chinese company but I don't know if that would change your mind on buying one, I just figured I'd clear that up.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Gyrfalcon All-44 will fit 4 20700s comfortably (both length and width) and charge all 4 at 1 amp (or at .1, .25, or .5 amps).

aFEAR2U.jpg[IMG%]

Last edited:

El Heisenberg

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
United States
I purchased a Nitecore NEW i4 despite that my Ijoy 20700 batteries fit in my older Nitecore D4. It's because the wrap rubs slightly against the contacts of the D4, and, with four of these batteries in the D4 the whole thing kind of looks like it's all been molded into place, whereas in the NEW i4 (not to be confused with the i4) there is some actual breathing space around them.
Thanks for the info dripster! i have an old D4 and I am thinking of buying a Captain Pd270... Now i know my old charger will work!
Thank You

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks for the info dripster! i have an old D4 and I am thinking of buying a Captain Pd270... Now i know my old charger will work!
Thank You
If you vape in TC SS mode you might want to check out Anthony Vape's recent review of the mod. That mod was at the top of my list until I watched his review this morning.

Reactions: Vesh

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
If you vape in TC SS mode you might want to check out Anthony Vape's recent review of the mod. That mod was at the top of my list until I watched his review this morning.

He got a bad one! I know because mine is all good. The battery door is flawless, and all tanks sit straight on mine. Works beautifully with 2x iJoy 20700. Someone else I know has a flawless Captain as well.

The 18650 Adapter works better than expected. It's made of silicone, so I thought that it would be sticky on the 18650s, but they slide in and out with ease. This means the Adapter can be left in the Mod while changing batteries. There's a lip on the 510 area that's just a bit higher than the Mod (apparently so older tanks can get airflow at the 510), so nothing will sit totally flush, but the gap is very small and most tanks look fine. My Horizon DUOS SUB Tank looks great on the Mod.

The 510 is a little shallow, though. An Eleaf Melo 2 sits a little higher than most others that I have, but it stands straight. And I wish the front and back panels for the Screen and back Captain logo were made of a better material. But these are the only Cons that I've found so far. My Captain works well in Power and SS for Temp Control. No Roaming Ohms at all in TC Mode. Haven't tried any other wire types yet. The regulation works great, but I can't speak to its accuracy as I don't have comprehensive testing equipment. I'm waiting on DJLsb Vapes for that. It has two TCR settings. I set M1 to 0.00092 for SS316L, and that works well, too. Having the TCR with M1 & M2 is nice, because you can dial in various settings for the different kinds of SS wire types, or any other wire you want to use.

ETA:
The Captain used two iJoy 20700 down to 3.47V each before I decided to charge them and use the second set. I vaped mostly at 60W in Power Mode with a DUOS SUB Tank 0.2Ω Clapton or Quad Coil Head (can't remember which now). All of their heads use Kanthal coils. I hope they'll be making some using SS316L soon. I like Temp Control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fozzy71

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I was able to charge four iJoy 20700 in my Efest LUC Blu6 Charger. Four of them will not fit side by side in the four 18650 slots, so I charged two of them in the center (next to each other), and two in the 26650 slots on the outer sides. The length fits comfortably with room to slide them back and remove them easily, without damaging the wrapper on the positive terminal. While I know they can be safely charged at 2 Amps without reducing battery life, I have a habit of charging my 18650s at 1 Amp, so I left it that way. I don't think it will charge four at 2A anyway, but I'm good with 1A. Two will be charged long before I need them again.

I tried the iJoy 20700 in an Efest LUC S2. It has two 26650 bays, but a 20700 will not fit.

Reactions: Vesh

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts

Yeah, well...

Mine is fine with a few exceptions.
Exception 1- TC is way hot. If I set the temp down by 40-50F it vapes the same as my DNA & Yihi mods. So, don't know if the TCR is off, or what, but once temp is set lower, I get a fine vape and when out of juice, it quits firing. I use SS 430 via TCR mode (M1) In wattage mode, seems accurate at the levels I vape, 50-60W.
Exception 2- The included batteries are way short running for me. I get 350+ puffs from Sanyo Bs and <200 with the iJoy batteries. the extra 1000mah shouldn't make that large a difference. But,
Exception 3- My 18650 adapter didn't make good contact somewhere. The battery meter showed less than 1/3 for one battery and full on the other. That's after reinserting the batteries, swapping them, etc.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
@Mooch anything on 20700 s
If this is what you mean, look here...

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Search through 20650/20700/21700/21-70 Test Results looking for 20700 and you will find all of them.

Sources for 20700 (when in stock)

IMR Batteries www.imrbatteries.com
Sanyo NCR20700A for $10.00 each
Sanyo NCR20700B for $..8.00 each

Liion Wholesale Batteries www.liionwholesale.com
Sanyo NCR20700B for $7.90 each

Ginger Vaper www.gingervaper.com
Sanyo NCR20700A Two for $19.99

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I was able to charge four iJoy 20700 in my Efest LUC Blu6 Charger. Four of them will not fit side by side in the four 18650 slots, so I charged two of them in the center (next to each other), and two in the 26650 slots on the outer sides. The length fits comfortably with room to slide them back and remove them easily, without damaging the wrapper on the positive terminal. While I know they can be safely charged at 2 Amps without reducing battery life, I have a habit of charging my 18650s at 1 Amp, so I left it that way. I don't think it will charge four at 2A anyway, but I'm good with 1A. Two will be charged long before I need them again.

I tried the iJoy 20700 in an Efest LUC S2. It has two 26650 bays, but a 20700 will not fit.

Yes blu6 definitely fit :) I kind of wish i had spent the extra 10 bucks and gotten that over the Luc6.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Can confirm the nitecore d4 fits and can fit 4 to
i sent mine back i think i might have had a fake.. i couldn't verify it cause at the time nitecore's site was down.. for 3 WEEKS.. i gave up and sent it back and of course validation is now back up LOL.. Not only that, my springs were literally halting at certain points and I had to physically force them down..i couldn't get a 20700 in mine, the slot was just a hair short. i think we can safely say then, that the D series DO accept 20700's, if genuine authentic and 2016 + build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread